BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stuart said:

It really isn't. Going to watch football isn't like going to the cinema or going bowling. It's a vocation. Yes, you have to put up with crap from time to time but you power through in the hope there are better times to follow.

I carried on going when Kean was in charge, not because of any faith in him or because there was any optimism that he would improve our fortunes. The only hope was that he would leave and there would still be a decent club left afterwards - even if only a shell of what it was.

Thats exactly the same with Venkys. I carry on with Rovers in the hope that they will leave.

The football next season will be a distraction if we can mount a title challenge but it will be even more of a frustration if we don't.

Today's Rovers is where we should be AFTER the club has served what ever purpose it has for the Raos but the @#/?s are still here! And still crying poverty - despite being over-privileged rich children. I dread to think where we will actually be when they go.

I think that's the point I've been making.  Glad you agree.

2 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I think that's the point I've been making.  Glad you agree.

The difference is there is little optimism under the current circumstance. Something very different to hoping that Venkys leave - before it's too late.

Any thoughts on the latest academy goings-on?

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The difference is there is little optimism under the current circumstance. Something very different to hoping that Venkys leave - before it's too late.

Any thoughts on the latest academy goings-on?

I suspect a number of things with regard to the Academy.  I wouldn't be surprised if Eric ends up at Sunderland - he and Grayson are mates.  It has become increasingly difficult for the Rovers to maintain category one status simply because the bar keeps being raised - constructing a grandstand with floodlights being one of the ideas being floated as a requirement.  The cost continues to go up and its becoming increasingly difficult to compete with the big clubs who seem to have vast resources to hoover up players in huge numbers.  It's interesting that a number of the youngsters at the club - Daniel Butterworth, Joe Rankin-Costello, Lewis Travis, Andrew Jackson and Lewis Thompson - have all been snapped up from other academies.  I think this is the argument that Mowbray makes about bringing in youngsters from other clubs when they are older and can go into the Under-18's or Under-23's.  I think he would prefer the Brentford model of running a 'B' team instead of Under-18 & Under-23.  There were a number of lads who've been released by their clubs in the team at Darwen tonight.  I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Rovers do the same as Bolton Wanderers and give up category one status at some point.  Interestingly, Connor Mahoney has gone to play with AFC Bournemouth's under-23 team and they aren't even a category 2 club. 

On 7/9/2017 at 13:47, chaddyrovers said:

Problem I trust Rovers to announce the right figures for season tickets. 

Unfounded transfer speculation? Arent Gladwin, Whittingham and Smallwood all Rovers players now? Cant be unfounfed at all can it? 

Trust rovers?? Ha ha. Where have u been for 7 years?

7 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I suspect a number of things with regard to the Academy.  I wouldn't be surprised if Eric ends up at Sunderland - he and Grayson are mates.  It has become increasingly difficult for the Rovers to maintain category one status simply because the bar keeps being raised - constructing a grandstand with floodlights being one of the ideas being floated as a requirement.  The cost continues to go up and its becoming increasingly difficult to compete with the big clubs who seem to have vast resources to hoover up players in huge numbers.  It's interesting that a number of the youngsters at the club - Daniel Butterworth, Joe Rankin-Costello, Lewis Travis, Andrew Jackson and Lewis Thompson - have all been snapped up from other academies.  I think this is the argument that Mowbray makes about bringing in youngsters from other clubs when they are older and can go into the Under-18's or Under-23's.  I think he would prefer the Brentford model of running a 'B' team instead of Under-18 & Under-23.  There were a number of lads who've been released by their clubs in the team at Darwen tonight.  I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Rovers do the same as Bolton Wanderers and give up category one status at some point.  Interestingly, Connor Mahoney has gone to play with AFC Bournemouth's under-23 team and they aren't even a category 2 club. 

But this is what the PL want. Make Cat 1 status unattainable to lower league clubs so that they become nothing but feeder clubs for the big (city) clubs. Add in different FFP requirements for the different stages and you have a rich club version of a lock in.

If we drop our academy then we are playing into their hands and accepting a lower league status indefinitely. I'll be sorely disappointed if this is Mowbray's brain child (and Venkys will of course be delighted if it saves them money). Everything Jack built is gradually being ironed out. If the academy goes then Brockhall will be next.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

But this is what the PL want. Make Cat 1 status unattainable to lower league clubs so that they become nothing but feeder clubs for the big (city) clubs. Add in different FFP requirements for the different stages and you have a rich club version of a lock in.

If we drop our academy then we are playing into their hands and accepting a lower league status indefinitely. I'll be sorely disappointed if this is Mowbray's brain child (and Venkys will of course be delighted if it saves them money). Everything Jack built is gradually being ironed out. If the academy goes then Brockhall will be next.

Sadly, I suspect it will only be a matter of time before we lose Cat 1 status because of not being able to meet the required standards in terms of facilities.  We only just managed to gain it this time after being given twelve months to make alterations to bring things up to the required standard.  One of our problems is that we developed both sites at Brockhall some twenty years ago now whilst many of the Premier League clubs have redeveloped training grounds in the last few years.  Look at the money that City have spent on developing their facilities - there is no way we, or any other club our size could compete with that. 

I agree, like everything in football it is geared to and around the Premier League.  That is where the money is and remains. 

I differ slightly in that I can see where Mowbray is coming from in terms of value for money.  We are a League One (Third Division in old money) Club with little or no money to buy players for the first team yet are spending in the region of 3.5 million on the Academy and much of that goes on players aged 9 to 16 and probably 98% of these will not have any sort of career in professional football.  

Indeed, Cat.1 does not include every Premier League Club as a number of clubs have opted to go down different routes.  However, Cat.1 does include all the major clubs and, of course, we now have the European competition for development squads.

In recent years there has been more debate about the Premier League Elite Performance Plan and whether it really works for the majority.   

The damage the Venkys have inflicted upon our club will reverberate for decades more I'm afraid. We were bequeathed a gift from the great man,it should have been cared for,nurtured and cherished.

Jack's legacy is wilfully being dismembered right before our eyes and they simply couldn't care less....I will NEVER be able to accept what they have done.

I WILL NEVER SEEK TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR THEIR CALLOUS ACTIONS AND ABHORRENT MISMANAGEMENT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Does anyone know the monthly cost and schedule of payments for a BBurn End Adult Early Bird season ticket via direct debit? 

Mine in the JW is £41.40 per month over nine months (£379 overall I think) and comes out on the first of each month, so I assume the latter is the same across the board tbh.

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Thanks, mine is £35 something but two have gone out two weeks apart so I am just trying to make sense of it.

Yeah, I was the same tbh. Did you get an e-mail? I got one explaining that the first payment (for July, just really late) would come out on the 23rd, then August and every month thereafter would be the first. 9 instalments total.

Any details on sales figures?

Call me sad but the other night I counted out the number of taken seats on the ticket website. That comes to about 8,500 but includes giveaway tickets and a few in the Riverside that aren't sold as they sit right behind pillars. So on that basis I would estimate we're at somewhere around 8,200-8,300 allocated season tickets.

24 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Call me sad but the other night I counted out the number of taken seats on the ticket website. That comes to about 8,500 but includes giveaway tickets and a few in the Riverside that aren't sold as they sit right behind pillars. So on that basis I would estimate we're at somewhere around 8,200-8,300 allocated season tickets.

Was in the club shop yesterday and asked for a ST figure (another sad) but all she could say was that it was definitely more than this time last year and fans are still buying even though (early bird) price has gone up.

Might just have been coincidence but the shop was busy both with ticket sales and merchandise. Good to see though, season is about to begin :rover:.   

59 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Thing is you can't get a true figure now by doing that, as you don't know how many (not many I would imagine but you never know!) have just bought a match day ticket for the Doncaster game, as that would take that seat up on the season ticket seat planner.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Thing is you can't get a true figure now by doing that, as you don't know how many (not many I would imagine but you never know!) have just bought a match day ticket for the Doncaster game, as that would take that seat up on the season ticket seat planner.

True, I was working on the basis that the number of people who hadn't got a season ticket but had bought a ticket for the Doncaster game would be negligible at this stage and would come into the 300 or so I've discounted. I reckon we should be above 8,000 whatever way.

• 8 months later...
  • Guest unfeatured this topic

Archived