BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

Just now, Stuart said:

I'll ignore the tittle tattle at the start.

Unbelievable

Your assertion that gates equals an advantage in wages in wrong. And you quoting the Daily Mail doesn't help your argument. I'm not going to retyoe out my maths again but the figures definitely put us in the lower League One bracket. But it's still a drop in the ocean.

You made an assertion with nothing to back it up. The Mail had the average wages for 2 seasons ago. I couldn't find updated ones. If you can please post a link. I used them to back up my argument. Your figures don't stack up. If anything we would be above average payers in League 1 based on your sums and the link I provided.

Something needs to change at the club for fans to return and you thinking calling boycotters 'whiny @#/?s' is a call to arms is backwards logic.

Boycotters? Such a loaded term. I call most of them 'can't be arsedters'. I know a lot. It isn't some principled stance for all of them. They just think we've sold all our best players and keep appointing shyte managers. They'll be back when things improve.  Or we get a big team in the cup. Twas ever thus.

People won't come back for gimmicks or offers. They need to see that the club are serious about building a League One promotion bid. That WILL take Venkys coin - however much you think otherwise.

I acknowledged that they will have to keep servicing the debt or it's game over. We'll see how the recruiting goes in the summer. Mr Senior was adamant we'd have a better team next year than this, regardless of the division. We'll see how good he is at his job over the next few months.

The trouble is that existing fans will be asked to take a leap of faith in Phase One of ST sales because with only the sale of our better players and loss of our best prospects nobody is going to pay Phase 3 prices. Look out for those Phase Two and Phase Three extended deadlines.

The 'phase' approach is a nonsense. They should freeze prices for the whole of the summer.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly off topic, but am I the only one that is amazed the club isn't even bothering with renewal packs? 

My girlfriend's dad, late 60s, doesn't do social media, had no idea ST's had been on sale for weeks until I told him on Saturday.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/eng-league-one-2016-2017/1/

As for it not being about boycotters. That's the only people you can reasonably be talking about. Anyone who has just walked away isn't "whining", they are doing other things. Probably very happy with life and feeling much more positive. Very likely moved on. The only people not attending who care enough to complain are the boycotters. It's hard to see it any other way.

So do you work for the club?

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Slightly off topic, but am I the only one that is amazed the club isn't even bothering with renewal packs? 

My girlfriend's dad, late 60s, doesn't do social media, had no idea ST's had been on sale for weeks until I told him on Saturday.

Yes. Couldnt agree more. Definitely a false economy. Even if you're renewing online but are lacking a bit of motivation the renewal pack lying there looking at you every day should provide a bit of a constant reminder.

Shows how skint we are if we can't afford the few grand for that.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Well I have heard that certain suppliers haven't been paid in their 30 day terms (dragging on for months) and we are talking about small change...

Unsurprising really given our obvious cash flow situation. That office will be a horrible place to work at the minute. Venkys should be strung up for what they have done to this town.

• Backroom

I'm in the undecided camp, league one wouldn't bother me as such but I just don't enjoy going anymore.

My 5 year old hasn't taken to it so I won't be getting him one for sure.

May knock it on the head till Venkys move on. 

If that ever happens.

Do I spend £1500 or so following them when the owners wont spend on the team?

Major dilemma this summer.

I've still got the passion and ambition for the club but the owners have none. 

Can I stomach another season knowing the club is only going downhill without hope under these clowns.

• Glenn pinned this topic
  • Glenn featured this topic

A         The four of us decided to get a season ticket soon after Jack Walker took over and Dalglish became manager in order to reserve our seats. We've kept them up ever since. Also I meet up with several friends at half time for a chat and they are also renewing.

We've decided that we will renew regardless of what division we are in. The thought of pushing a trolley round Sainsbury's instead of being on Ewood is horrifying.

We are hoping to change seats. I know most of the current Ewood experience is dire but there are moments of sheer ecstasy; albeit very infrequently.

Cannot kick this addictive habit.

Venkys,the owners of Blackburn Rovers:

· Will not invest any further money into the club.

· Do not show any interest or ambition.

· Refuse to appoint the correct people to run the club on all levels.

· Are solely responsible for our terrible situation and the wilful destruction of the JW legacy.

So shut up Rovers fans,stop your moaning,shove your heads up your arses and pretend all the above is not happening.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Well I have heard that certain suppliers haven't been paid in their 30 day terms (dragging on for months) and we are talking about small change...

No pies on sale next season Matty from what I have heard.

Look at some of our fans, and players, that may be a good thing.

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Venkys,the owners of Blackburn Rovers:

· Will not invest any further money into the club.

· Do not show any interest or ambition.

· Refuse to appoint the correct people to run the club on all levels.

· Are solely responsible for our terrible situation and the wilful destruction of the JW legacy.

So shut up Rovers fans,stop your moaning,shove your heads up your arses and pretend all the above is not happening.

You missed out "and won't @#/? off".

Don't know whether I'll boycott as God knows what will happen in summer. Last year's nonsense that ended with the appointment of that clown spoke volumes to me and it pushed me over the edge. Only passion for the club and the appointment of Mowbray brought me back for a few games but as it stands I'll never buy another ST under these corrupt gits. Enough is enough.

They'd have to show some real intent and a bit of honesty & integrity for astart but I don't think they are capable.

7 hours ago, preston blue said:

No.  A supplier who has not yet been paid

They'll just find another supplier and do the same thing. Always somebody prepared to do business. However, it's a slippery slope.

What chance have we got when we are reduced to penny pinching like this? No ST renewals printed or posted, local suppliers allegedly not paid, there's probably an office stationery ban in place. We are behaving like a club which doesn't have owners with money.

Yet Senior is apparently telling supporters that we are going to have a better squad next season. What does better mean? Cheaper but still putting a side out in order to increase 'value'?

didnt get a season ticket this season (after having a season ticket for 35+ years!) - - boycott reasons....

went to one game - Wigan away, and that performance well & truly did it for me......lost all interest now, and other things take far more priority...

sad but true

What else do people do on a Saturday afternoon? When I briefly boycotted after Kean took us down and wasn't sacked, I was so relieved that they sacked him so I could start going again. This season has been dreadful but there are still some players there that are worth going to see, just for the amount of effort they put in (Lenihan, Bennett, Mulgrew, Nyambe etc.). Ability wise it is the worst team I've ever seen, but no one can say that they don't play for the shirt.

Archived