BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Annual Season Ticket Poll - 2017/18. Are you getting one?

Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be getting a Season Ticket Next Season?

• Yes
    • Maybe, It depends if we stay up
    • Undecided at present
    • No, but I'll probably go to some games as a walk-on
    • No, I've just lost interest
    • No, I'm officially protesting / NAPM
    • No, I realistically can't get to games

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, RV Blue said:

What else do people do on a Saturday afternoon?

I'll be renewing our STs. I mean no criticism here but can you really not find anything else to do on a Saturday afternoon? I would have no problem filling the time. 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I'll be renewing our STs. I mean no criticism here but can you really not find anything else to do on a Saturday afternoon? I would have no problem filling the time. 

I'm sure I could but what's more enjoyable than having a few beers with mates and chatting about the footy? I'd much rather do that than gardening/shopping etc. etc.

I would probably enjoy the honesty of the division below. The loyalty of supporters at that level with little to look forward to. The effort of players who earn nothing like 20k per week. The traditional grounds, sights and sounds of football from the past. The away days already sound good visiting grounds we have not visited before.

Unlike others my protest didn't mean a fast return for the Utd game, or Newcastle at home, or now Brentford away. Principals don't pick and choose.

It appears our fans, some anyway, will keep supporting however low we drop. I remain of the opinion that an empty ground would hasten decision making from those above, hence my stance, but may be completely wrong on that score.

In the meantime i really hope we stay up. Mowbray has done all that could have been expected and given us a chance when seemingly little remained.

I won't buy a ticket regardless.

There truly was Only One Jack Walker.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:01 PM, preston blue said:

No.  A supplier who has not yet been paid

On 02/05/2017 at 6:59 AM, Stuart said:

They'll just find another supplier and do the same thing. Always somebody prepared to do business. However, it's a slippery slope.

If we can't pay, they'll just take it away! Anthony Stokes should just about cover the cost.

47yrs of going to Rovers came to an end versus Villa so I am glad it was signed off with a win.

I am not renewing and have joined the NAPM voice.

I cannot stomach what this lot have done to the club and until they go I wont be back.

Cheston, Coar, Coyle and all of the other impotent idiots NOT to mention the @#/?wit owners are a disgrace to the name of BRFC.

As it stands, less than a third of board members Will commit to season tickets.  If it is reflective of the support as a whole, we will be looking at around 3.5k st sales.  

Having said that I know a couple of lads who will get a ST this year (if we go down) for the first time in ages, simply because it will be 'like the old days' (70s -80s)

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

As it stands, less than a third of board members Will commit to season tickets.  If it is reflective of the support as a whole, we will be looking at around 3.5k st sales. 

I don't understand that?

The poll doesn't ask if previous season ticket holders will buy a new one so can't be compared to the number previous buyers.

This board (in my opinion), has a higher proportion of future NAPM/boycotters than the ST base as a whole, so I don't see the 28% retention rate as an accurate forecast of sales. However, lets be under no illusions, we will be seeing another steep drop off of ST numbers again next season.

Though maybe actually sending out a ST pack may help...

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

You can do that at Clitheroe and take your drink out pitch side with you. 

No offence gumboots but please stop trying to encourage people to do something other than watch Rovers. 

We all know you no longer go and frankly you've bored those of us who do still go to death over the months going on about it.

If you're happy with your decision  to no longer go then I'm pleased for you and wish you well. But I can't for the life of me understand why you would come on here encouraging people to follow a rival football club instead be they non league or otherwise.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No offence gumboots but please stop trying to encourage people to do something other than watch Rovers. 

We all know you no longer go and frankly you've bored those of us who do still go to death over the months going on about it.

If you're happy with your decision  to no longer go then I'm pleased for you and wish you well. But I can't for the life of me understand why you would come on here encouraging people to follow a rival football club instead be they non league or otherwise.

Sorry. Im not encouraging anyone to do anything they dont want to do. The question was what else do you do on a saturday afternoon. I offered ideas as to what you can do. Then someone said that you can have a few beers and watch football so what could be better? I merely pointed out that you can do that elsewhere. Im sorry if i bore you. Ill try not to reply sensibly to any other questions asked in future in case you think im putting forward propaganda for other clubs but can i suggest, if i bore you, that you put me on ignore or simply skip past anything i post. That way we can both carry on posting without my annoying you.

26 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Of course it does.  It is asking will you be getting a ST next year.  That applies to current ST holders surely?

In order to make a comparison of future season ticket holders to past you need to know which past holders will/won't buy again and who would buy for the first time. The poll doesn't show any of those.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Having a beer outdoors whilst watching footy does have a certain attraction ...... for the couple of weeks a year of decent weather that maybe comes.......

And then it hit home. Clitheroe, who until recently couldn't pass a swear filter never mind a football, are now deemed rivals of Rovers. No disrespect to Clitheroe but that's at least  4 or so Seasons away.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Having a beer outdoors whilst watching footy does have a certain attraction ...... for the couple of weeks a year of decent weather that maybe comes.......

And then it hit home. Clitheroe, who until recently couldn't pass a swear filter never mind a football, are now deemed rivals of Rovers. No disrespect to Clitheroe but that's at least  4 or so Seasons away.

Tbf Gummy watches allot of Lorient in France! No disrespect but the French ambience is enough to trump Blackburn on match day! 

I would definitely get a season ticket if Venkys left.

I would consider getting one if Venkys publicly apologised stating why they bought the club, what they think went wrong and what are they going to do about it. Starting with hiring a board fit for purpose.

I will never get one again if status quo remains. As it stands I haven't been to a home game in over a year (not missed it in the slightest). Think I managed 12 away games plus a few where we just stayed in town and didn't go into the ground. But starting to lose interest in away games as well.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Oh come on! Clitheroe won't be a rival for at least 2 seasons! ;)

Just now, Mike E said:

Oh come on! Clitheroe won't be a rival for at least 2 seasons! ;)

Well I've seen Clitheroe beat Fleetwood which wasn't a shock result either. And next season they could be in a division higher than us.

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Having said that I know a couple of lads who will get a ST this year (if we go down) for the first time in ages, simply because it will be 'like the old days' (70s -80s)

I'm not sure this is in any way accurate. What we know is 27 out 94 people who can be bothered to vote on an Internet forum will be buying an ST. The poll says nothing more. 

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm not sure this is in any way accurate. What we know is 27 out 94 people who can be bothered to vote on an Internet forum will be buying an ST. The poll says nothing more. 

Hence the 'if it is reflective' caveat.  If we don't speculate on the data, what's the point in doing a poll?

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

In order to make a comparison of future season ticket holders to past you need to know which past holders will/won't buy again and who would buy for the first time. The poll doesn't show any of those.

Surely, if you are getting a STnext year (regardless of whether you had a ST this year or not), you would vote 'yes'?  Every other option besides 'undecided' would indicate people not purchasing a ST.    (For example  I have had a season  ticket but next year will pay to attend the odd game.)

Granted its is not exactly conclusive or perhaps not a reflective sample.  However, less than a third uptake (of what you would consider reasonably 'involved' supporters on a Rovers forum) against an existing ST sale of around 10k max would indicate a drastic drop.

3.5k may not be too far away should we be relegated and then prices increase in line with the ST  sales announcement.

It would be very interesting to know the offial number of STs sold already!

Archived