BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Ewood Moment - Now and Then

Best moment at Home this season was the first 18 minutes of the Wolves game spent on the Blackburn end concourse.  

Great moments from the past would be the 5-2 win over Plymouth in 1975 and the night we celebrated the 95 championship with 30,000+ Rovers fans on.

This season ?  Well I watched it on the box but any beating of the barcodes is worth a mention.

Ever ?  Too many to mention but VE day obviously & doing Burnley 5 nil after not playing them for decades and listening to their myths & drivel then seeing their pathetic silent support slumped in the DE. Whilst big hard Stan stood on the touchline with his skin tight trackies and big white pumps looking rather odd for a fat middle aged bloke whilst the BBE ripped into him and his side . Has to go down as a great day all around !

After than any win over Liverpool/Man U/Chelsea/Arse/Spuds teams we never thought we'd even play in the league at one time never mind beat regularly !

I'm with Hanks - Beating Plymouth 5-2 was something special - the whole day was amazing (and a little scary at times - ie 9am in Blackburn town centre)

This season!!! you having a laugh!!! but at a pinch - the atmosphere against Nob enders

(Trying to steer clear of the obvious)

Sutton's last day free kick vs Newcastle in 1998 to get us into the old UEFA Cup?

3-0 at home to Liverpool in Tony Parkes first game after Harford was sacked was another magical day. Jason Wilcox even scored a header against The Spice Boys.

Even though it was a 2-1 defeat, the atmosphere at the United game in 1995, the first of the title defence, was as electrifying as I've heard at Ewood.

18 minutes ago, thewool said:

I'm with Hanks - Beating Plymouth 5-2 was something special - the whole day was amazing (and a little scary at times - ie 9am in Blackburn town centre)

This season!!! you having a laugh!!! but at a pinch - the atmosphere against Nob enders

Was on Bolton Road a few weeks ago and recalled (to the Mrs) the 1975 Plymouth 5 2 game, quoted by Hanks. The morning of that game I counted 29 Plymouth fans on Bolton Road (Infirmary) at 830am which I thought strange as it was early but wasn't aware of the trouble in town centre mentioned by thewool. 

As for the game, one of the best I've seen at Ewood.

6 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

VE Day

Derby play off win at home

Watching live coverage of Derby play off win away

Where has the edit facility gone????

I meant Derby away when we lost but went to the final. Ewood shook when Moran put the ball and the Derby team into the net.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Where has the edit facility gone????

I meant Derby away when we lost but went to the final. Ewood shook when Moran put the ball and the Derby team into the net.

Apparently you only have about 15 minutes to edit content.

13 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd love to see footage of that Plymouth game is there any around anywhere ?

I have never seen any footage, the game was played on the same day as the FA cup 5th round and those matches took preference on match of the Day. It would quite probably have featured otherwise as it featured the top two teams in the division, we did get on motd a few weeks later against Brighton but I have never come across footage of that game either. 

I have looked everywhere I know of for video of the 1975 Plymouth game at Ewood but no success. It was voted 'Match of the 1970s' by LT readers:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/match_of_the_decade/10456927.Your_favourite_Blackburn_Rovers_match_of_the__70s/

I did find this good game away to Plymouth and I was there!

Not an Ewood moment but a cracker just the same.

Good old Speedie, proper cult hero in every sense :)

Can't go wrong with the likes of Sellers & Cowan's pinging passes about though. What happened to the odd cultured footballer ? All like robots at this level now.

Archived