BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Ewood Moment - Now and Then

We all need an uplifting distraction from the impending R-Day so what are your best memories from this Season and from all the time that you have supported Rovers.

Mine are:

This Season  - The Martin Emnes goal at Ewood. Sublime and I never tire of watching it.

All Time - watching Ronnie Clayton lead the team out at Ewood Park. A more inspiring sight you could not imagine. The pride in the Shirt just oozed out of the man and everyone present was in awe. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it :):rover:

COYB RTID :brfc:

• Backroom

This season: Realising the WMC meetings were exactly what Blakeys should've led to.

All time:

For - Tugay. His goals, his passes, his keepy-uppies, putting Gerrard on his arse, and having Lamport on a bit of string.

Against - THAT Henry goal from the left back position.

Just now, Mike E said:

What can't I edit my misspelling of Lampard??? Tis like a dagger to my teaching heart!

Be quicker next time. I think you have a 15 min window to edit posts.

For me,

This season. I had a good pie and @Scotty bought me a coffee on the Riverside.
All time. VE Day, Preston Promotion, Gillingham Away (after promotion), all the European trips (especially Turkey), the Irish pre-seaons, that day in Krakow that @Jordan got a round in.

They can ruin the football club, but they can't take my memories.

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

None this season.

All time: Thrashing the great Spurs side 7-2 circa 1962-3. Best I've ever seen Rovers play. Andy McEvoy !! 

September 1963

Best game at Ewood I ever saw! And my first.

Just found this LT link to best Rovers matches of the '60s

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/match_of_the_decade/10428288.Match_of_the__60s__Blackburn_Rovers/

Best moment ever is the final whistle at Anfield and the 7 hour party that followed it.

Best moment this season was walking on Ewood 5 minutes into the Wolves game and seeing the amount of support for the 18/75 protest in the Blackburn end.

This season: Coyle leaving, absolutely hated that guy. Utter fraud.

All time: Lots of great memories. Any time watching The Maestro. Never ever get tired of reliving some of his finest moments on YouTube (Seriously, go and watch some videos of him, cheer you right up)

The 05/06 season was simply amazing, for a more recent highlight.

I was fortunate to watch the 8-3 beating of Bristol Rovers (Tommy Briggs' 7 goals) and the 9-0 thrashing of Middlesbrough thanks to my dad who took me on. 1954ish?

I missed the 7-2 win over Spurs.

When I first read the name of this thread I immediately thought of sitting in the Darwen End watching Kevin Moran score that important header at Derby on the big screen. Had the new Darwen End been built by then? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

This season: that Emnes goal v Wigan.

All-time: the exact moment at Anfield when we found out we'd won it. I've never felt pressure like that in anything else I've done in my 51 years, and it lifted in a moment. I ran down to the front, grabbed a steward and bawled my eyes out. Totally unforgettable.

(An honourable mention must go to stuffing the Dingles 5-0.)

This season. Sod all

One of my best ever memories was back in 99 or 2000 when i was at anfield and nathan blake scored that goal to send us through against liverpool in the fa cup. I was even on talk sport earlier that day telling tom watt we'll do 'em. He even mentioned my call after the game.

Just now, roverandout said:

This season. Sod all

One of my best ever memories was back in 99 or 2000 when i was at anfield and nathan blake scored that goal to send us through against liverpool in the fa cup. I was even on talk sport earlier that day telling tom watt we'll do 'em. He even mentioned my call after the game.

I convinced my dad, a Liverpool fan, to join me in the away end that evening. I don't think he ever forgave me.

This season: Not been.

The past: Far too many. Aside from the 95 season... where it was difficult to sleep on a Friday night before the games.

Garners hat trick v City. 

The Palace home game. We were superb.

There was also a classic game against Wolves at home. That was breath taking as a youngster.

Dunn''s equaliser v Burnley. Bedlam and raucous, unlike anything else I've witnessed.

Archived