BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Writing Pool

Hello everyone,

I am working with Glenn to get the content side of things and I am genuinely excited at the developments that are planned for this website over the next 6 months or so.

One of the things that I am looking to develop is to have a writing pool.  So if you are interested in writing for the website then now is your chance.  It can be regular news articles, a semi regular column or even a one off piece.  Whatever you are interested in.  I/we would fully support you and it would be a good way to start off on a career in sports writing or for building up a body of work.

Eventually I want to get to the stage where we have a proper editorial team but that will take a lot of work and is something for the long term!

I have already approached Rovers about getting some official access and the noises coming back have been positive so we could even have writers involved in going out to interview players etc.

PM me if you are interested in joining the writing pool.

From your keyboard? 

We've always been a worldwide community, in fact back in the early days a lot of our focus was on providing info to Rovers fans who couldn't get it in their countries.

On 5/3/2017 at 1:47 PM, Glenn said:

From your keyboard? 

We've always been a worldwide community, in fact back in the early days a lot of our focus was on providing info to Rovers fans who couldn't get it in their countries.

aah okay, thought it might involve individuals more closer to the club that were/are needed

Hey Kamy, I know I dropped off the face of the Rovers universe, but I had actually just messaged Glenn earlier and I will happily throw my hat back into the ring. 

I have more free time on my hands and think that this website can provide (something) of a ray of light for supporters. Let me know what I can do. 

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Hey Kamy, I know I dropped off the face of the Rovers universe, but I had actually just messaged Glenn earlier and I will happily throw my hat back into the ring. 

I have more free time on my hands and think that this website can provide (something) of a ray of light for supporters. Let me know what I can do. 

Whoa, Eddie my man, welcome back. :)

• Glenn unpinned this topic
Just now, AndyNeil said:

thank you very much Glenn... :)

And if anyone feels that want to replicate Andy's great example, but don't want to join Kamy's Writers Pool, then we can host blogs here on BRFCS (making blog posts is as easy as making forum posts) and you can benefit from the being automatically advertised on the site. Great for anyone thinking of keeping a running diary of away games next season.

Just now, AndyNeil said:

I started a blog last month and have just last night done a piece for it.  I'm not claiming it is the best thing since slice bread as there are much more experienced bloggers out there than me, but if I can be of any help just let me know.

The link to my blog is here >> https://andyneil74.wordpress.com/2017/05/11/rovers-fans-suffer-the-blues/ :brfc:

Good read. Nice summation of the aftermath of Sunday and nod to the uncertainty of the summer to come.

Not sure about this though, probs just an intended play on words:); swimming against the tide with both/ hands tide behind their back

On 5/10/2017 at 14:29, Kamy100 said:

Welcome back Eddie.  I hope that you have been keeping well.

Would love to have you back doing some writing for us!

Iceman - distance is no barrier! if you want to write about the club we will publish it!

sweet, will think about doing a few things. Maybe a day in the life of me lol :D 

Archived