BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation: The Rivals

Just now, J*B said:

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson suggests he will be playing the kids for the last game of the season:

"We've got good young players at the club and it's definitely an opportunity to bring a couple in on Sunday if we want."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-team-selection-plans-12984866

It's a conspiracy! Everyone wants us to go down :o:(

• Backroom
1 minute ago, J*B said:

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson suggests he will be playing the kids for the last game of the season:

"We've got good young players at the club and it's definitely an opportunity to bring a couple in on Sunday if we want."

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-team-selection-plans-12984866

Don't blame them we always expect the manager to test out a couple of the young ones when the season is all but over 

No surprises there. Sadly all the omens are pointing towards a disappointing end to a disappointing season. Now, if only the idiots in Pune would come to their senses and realise that their continued presence is an insult to the brand, then maybe there might be a chink of light in the pervading gloom that threatens to overwhelm Ewood Park and all of the bright memories we share about the club.

And then I woke up...

COYB

Wouldn't panic too much gents

The only youngsters anywahere near First Team is Zak Vyner whose played RB a couple of times and is ok and there's a suggestion a youngg lad MCCluskey we'd loaned out in non league this season and has done well might get some minutes but don't think for a moment he will play instead of Abraham 

An outside chance he could start a young keeper but I'd be surprised

We don't have the quality of youngsters too be including any / many and I would be totally shocked if we do more than give one or two some minutes 

As most of our fans I want us to keep the integrity of the league and be fair to all those involved , and go off on a winning note 

Game is sold out which helps as it puts Johnson under some pressure to play his strongest side

<_<

Just now, BrizzleBoy said:

The only youngsters anywahere near First Team is Zak Vyner whose played RB a couple of times and is ok and there's a suggestion a youngg lad MCCluskey we'd loaned out in non league this season and has done well might get some minutes but don't think for a moment he will play instead of Abraham 

We don't have the quality of youngsters too be including any / many and I would be totally shocked if we do more than give one or two some minutes 

As most of our fans I want us to keep the integrity of the league and be fair to all those involved , and go off on a winning note 

Game is sold out which helps as it puts Johnson under some pressure to play his strongest side

<_<

Well said and considering Johnson's tenuous position just a month ago he would be foolish to himself to gamble too much. If he starts 1 or 2 then ok the young lads will be up for it.

Just now, BrizzleBoy said:

<_<

Well said.

Sunday will see lots of twists and turns. Early goals against the run of play, bookings, sending offs, equalisers, penalties, dodgy free kicks and own goals. There will be relief, despair, blood, sweat and tears. There will be full on 0-1-9 formations in the last 5 minutes of games, breakaway goals and last minute deflaters.

Sunday is going to be a bumpy ride for fans of Rovers, Forest and Brum and to be honest the owners of these three clubs should be hung drawn and quartered through the streets of the respected town and cities.

Its a poor advertisement for what will be fervent television for 2hrs or so Sunday lunchtime.

It might even get nasty !

I say good luck to all supporters going. I will be at home, hung over and looking for a bit of solace with hair of the dog and a large fried brunch !

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Just looked at the latest relegation odds on Oddschecker site, average of all the big bookies seems to be :-

1/2 Rovers

3/1 Forest

5/1 Brum

Nobody seems to fancy us to do it.

Bookies aren't stupid. We've little chance in fact it's 99.9% nailed on that our numptoids will go down

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Bookies aren't stupid. We've little chance in fact it's 99.9% nailed on that our numptoids will go down

No it's not 99.9% certain according to what you call those who aren't stupid.  More like 60-odd %.

If you reckon it's 99.9% 'lump on' (as Mercerman would say).

Sound bite from Kasper Schmeichel (sp?) on Football Focus:

If we were going to go down, we were going down all guns blazing.

I hope if things aren't going our way tomorrow we don't continue to keep it tight and hope that our rivals' opponents do us a favour.

Our destiny IS in our own hands. Yes, it will be tough but even if Forest win we can stay up. Do we really want to rely on Birmingham not winning?

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:59 PM, Rover_Shaun said:

Bookies do get the odds wrong and last weekend was a typical example of that. After the red card Birmingham were 11/4 to win their game, when it reality it was nailed on. I think the odds of 1/2 are a touch generous and the in play market will be interesting. If you think  it is nailed on get as much as you can together and lump on.  It is still a good return 50% interest for a day, for anyone who believes that. I will be keeping my money in my pocket and praying we survive.

2 hours ago, frosty said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/06/nottingham-forest-birmingham-blackburn-league-one-relegation

Good Guardian article about the three of us fighting to stay up tomorrow. Good comments from a Rovers fan in the comments section too.

Some spanner has been speaking to Parson and suggesting we are heading to our natural level

On 04/05/2017 at 6:33 PM, West Yorks Rover said:

Just looked at the latest relegation odds on Oddschecker site, average of all the big bookies seems to be :-

1/2 Rovers

3/1 Forest

5/1 Brum

Nobody seems to fancy us to do it.

If Bristol go 1 up(very plausible) then Brum will go to evens. Those odds can change very quickly. 

I read a lot of fans on here saying that even if we stayed up that relegation was inevitable next year. I don't see how this is true in any case. Coyle got 2 points from his first 7 games. I couldn't see Mowbray, or anyone else doing that. They stuck with Coyle too long. That was what crippled us. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I read a lot of fans on here saying that even if we stayed up that relegation was inevitable next year. I don't see how this is true in any case. Coyle got 2 points from his first 7 games. I couldn't see Mowbray, or anyone else doing that. They stuck with Coyle too long. That was what crippled us. 

Because of there being so many players out of contract and no money.

Just now, Stuart said:

Because of there being so many players out of contract and no money.

There are plenty of decent players around that would have come here if we were in the Championship. Coyle was a disaster, Mowbray got the players back around their level. 

Archived