SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't know where to put this

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/4/2017 at 2:28 AM, AllRoverAsia said:

Villa put out a first eleven.

Huddersfield did not and 'decided' to play their reserves against a team in the midst if a relegation battle.

There action gifted 3 points and was morally wrong (nobody cares) and against rules.

They are guilty and will be fined a nominal amount and all forgotten.

The rule should be enhanced or totally scraped.

Despite my strong views in this particular case I can buy into the 'squad' and rotation policy but it needs clearing up at EFL and FA levels.

Have to agree.  What Hudds did was understandable but morally bankrupt.  I always liked Hudds, no more, I hope they crash and burn in the playoffs.

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Will Huddersfield play a weakened side again tomorrow against Cardiff. They are 23/20 on the coupon, so odds are suggesting not, but I am going to tip a Cardiff win at 23/10 which has to be good value, given what happened last week.

It'll be an even weaker team tomorrow I suspect. We picked up a season ending injury for Billing at Birmingham so an academy player will come in for him and hopefully we will rest Tommy Smith and give Jordan Williams his first team debut. 

Add in the fact we don't want to play Fulham in the play offs and the chances of a Town win tomorrow are slim to none. Get on Cardiff and the draw 

On 5/3/2017 at 7:31 PM, north_ender said:

Really interested by this debate so thought I would come on and give my view.

I seem to recall Darrell Clarke the Bristol Rovers manager in the aftermath of the EFL trophy (formerly JPT) farce earlier this season saying something like once someone behind a desk with a warm cup of coffee can tell a manager who he can and can't play the game is gone. It's hard to disagree.

As a PNE fan I'm not trying to wind anyone up but I don't see what Huddersfield did wrong. You've had 45 games ultimately to ensure you weren't in this mess. Owen Coyle and your owners are at fault for where you are, not other sides. Huddersfield have worked incredibly hard to get to where they are and have the right to rest key players before the biggest games in their recent history. It's not like they played the youth team either, there were many experienced, decent players in that team on Saturday.

Emergency loans were abolished this year in the EFL so teams have had to carry bigger squads. What's the point of carrying a squad that size and not being allowed to use it when it suits you?

As I've already said, not on the wind up or anything like that, and I can sympathise with Rovers fans on this one, but ultimately you just have to focus on yourselves as at this stage. Criticising other team's selections and results is simply clutching at straws and getting away from the fact that it's your shortcomings all season long that have put you in this mess.

Shoe being on the other foot, do you feel the same, doubt it.

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's totally up to Huddersfield who they play. Of course they should protect their own interests. If we hadn't been so gutless and employed an idiot for 3/4 of a season, we wouldn't be spitting our dummies and crying foul. Good luck to them, super job on a small budget - our bunch should take note.

Afraid it isn't up to Huddersfield. They broke the rule 24.1. 

Can we start with 12 players tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Pedro said:

It's totally up to Huddersfield who they play. Of course they should protect their own interests. If we hadn't been so gutless and employed an idiot for 3/4 of a season, we wouldn't be spitting our dummies and crying foul. Good luck to them, super job on a small budget - our bunch should take note.

You better get these 12 clubs their money back for playing weakened teams in the Checkatrade trophy then. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-strength-fines

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

EFL - "What has that got to do with the Football League and it's integrity?"

HFTC - "Er...we are making sure we have as successful a season as possible. Surely that's our aim in the EFL isn't it?"

EFL "Err - yes actually.  apology will be in the post"

HTFC - "Please, and thank you"

Corrected :-)

6 hours ago, Batman. said:

Your hysteria makes it hard to take your points seriously. 

Talking of "conveniently omitting" things, why do you keep ignoring the fact that Villa effectively threw the game versus us? And Birmingham only had ten men due to an incorrect red card? Huddersfield did the best thing to protect their interests. Our interests are none of their business.

Pathetic desperation was used before and now it's hysyteria!

LOL you are a funny one......

I do believe that you are being a tad OTT dear boy.

Villa first team played S-hite. Brucey covered and confirmed it. Important point is 'first team'. 

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Pathetic desperation was used before and now it's hysyteria!

LOL you are a funny one......

I do believe that you are being a tad OTT dear boy.

Villa first team played S-hite. Brucey covered and confirmed it. Important point is 'first team'. 

Pathetic hysteria and desperation, yes. You're in Thailand, no?

Rovers demise is their own doing. Nothing to do with huddersfield or birmingham or anyone else, stop passing the buck. If we were playing huddersfield today and they fielded an understrength team would anyone be moaning? NO! Get a grip!

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Rovers demise is their own doing. Nothing to do with huddersfield or birmingham or anyone else, stop passing the buck. If we were playing huddersfield today and they fielded an understrength team would anyone be moaning? NO! Get a grip!

Are we down yet NO!!

We are not actually dead yet.

Get a grip and pay attention.

Just now, skinner05 said:

Shows what I know. Full strength side out today

Wednesday make 10 changes 

Odd that. I'm sure brown envelopes don't change hands in football but if they did...

17 hours ago, den said:

You better get these 12 clubs their money back for playing weakened teams in the Checkatrade trophy then. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/nov/16/efl-checkatrade-trophy-under-strength-fines

And we always fielded full strength league cup sides?

Anyone pointing the finger of blame at anywhere other that Rovers and the decision makers, is clutching at straws.

• Backroom

Hudds supposedly strongest team today lost 3-0 at home to Cardiff. They've lost 6 of their last 10. Think Wednesday will likely dispose of them fairly easily over two legs. It's incredible (in a bad way) that they're even in the top 5. I've said it before, but it really does show how pathetic this league is.

Archived