BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

• Backroom

Great for fans overseas but a shame that those on these shores can't have the same option for away games etc but totally understand why that can't happen 

Just now, Tom said:

Great for fans overseas but a shame that those on these shores can't have the same option for away games etc but totally understand why that can't happen 

Ever watched the American version of Netflix? This will work in the same way...though may require the use of a foreign billing address, which is also easy to set up.

When WWE Network was only available in USA my billing address was set to the WWE headquarters :P

29 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-efl-fans-3703945.aspx

This looks like a decent idea, and I'm sure us domestic fans will be able to take advantage one way or another ;)

Where there's a will!;)

It looks very cheap for 46 games.

I hope its not the single had held cam in the upper JW that covered some games a few years back. The guy had focusing issues and no audio but hell it was free.

• Backroom
Just now, cmb211087 said:

Ever watched the American version of Netflix? This will work in the same way...though may require the use of a foreign billing address, which is also easy to set up.

When WWE Network was only available in USA my billing address was set to the WWE headquarters :P

I miss US Netflix :(

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Where there's a will!;)

It looks very cheap for 46 games.

I hope its not the single had held cam in the upper JW that covered some games a few years back. The guy had focusing issues and no audio but hell it was free.

It will be the same feed/quality that currently is shown on the highlights show on C5* . This from a couple of years ago

http://www.adi.tv/news/2015/05/adis-pivotal-role-in-new-football-league-television-deal

*Obviously depends at what the stream quality is broadcast at 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

What I don't like is that overseas fans get to watch matches for price, yet there isn't any equal product available for the domestic customer. I would be happy to pay to watch away matches online for £50 a season but don't even get the option. Even if I'm prepared to pay!! I can't get to away games due to other commitments.

But as a UK resident I frequently can't access overseas content - so it doesn't even work both ways.

The fact I can't even listen to a live free radio broadcasts of Rovers matches on Radio Lancashire over the Internet (I don't own a radio) just shows how @#/? we are as a country at this sort of thing. Greed to the point of removing access to something that's already free. It's like boxing. We've gone back to the 'olden days' were coverage for the average punter is still photographs of the bout.

42 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

It will be the same feed/quality that currently is shown on the highlights show on C5* . This from a couple of years ago

http://www.adi.tv/news/2015/05/adis-pivotal-role-in-new-football-league-television-deal

*Obviously depends at what the stream quality is broadcast at 

I was previously mulling over resubscribing to Player for next season but through say Fleetwood fc to be ok with NAPM.

I shall have to work out what access the new app provides to see if it could be done in a similar way.

Quality this end would be good as most of Bkk is fibre optic with main ISPs.

UK fans will also be able to access it.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

There was an article in today's press about how people are watching paid sports coverage at a fraction of the cost.

Sports streams are no longer blurry and buffering messes.

People are catching on, and Sky and BT have brought it on themselves. As someone who paid through the nose for their overpriced and over hyped coverage for decades, I live in the hope that they'll lower their extortionate demands in the wake of this challenge to their arrogance.

Edited by A cup of beans
  • Like 1

I hope none of you guys is thinking of streaming the game on your Kodi box. 10 year prison sentence for using that.

I can imagine going round to my mates, to find only his wife in.....

hi Janet, where's Dave?

oh, he's doing a ten year stretch

what for?

oh, he was watching North End on't telly. 

:lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/digital-economy-act-kodi-stream-illegal-users-prison-10-years-sentence-copyright-data-sharing-a7716131.html

Edited by den

Just now, den said:

I hope none of you guys is thinking of streaming the game on your Kodi box. 10 year prison sentence for using that.

I can imagine going round to my mates, to find only his wife in.....

hi Janet, where's Dave?

oh, he's doing a ten year stretch

what for?

oh, he was watching North End on't telly. 

:lol:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/digital-economy-act-kodi-stream-illegal-users-prison-10-years-sentence-copyright-data-sharing-a7716131.html

It would make me think if I was in the UK.

Without seeing the wording of the act are they now saying that a delayed stream only in temporary storage on say a pc is a copywright infringement? Which it is not in European law.

Picture a home user who downloads Kodi which is not illegal and then downloads the usually free addons from the 1000s available on the web and then uses them. How can that be policed.

Going after sellers of preconfigured set top boxes already happens.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, DE. said:

With the UK essentially morphing into Big Brother (from 1984, not the TV show) it is in everybody's best interests to find a good VPN.

Can you still have a VPN if you are uk based?

Tunnelbear works for me. Only way I can read the otherwise banned Daily Mail...for footy only!

Edited by AllRoverAsia

It really pisses me off the poor reporting over "kodi" being illegal and people using it will face jail.  No, people selling media streamers with Kodi installed with plugins pre-loaded are illegal.  The same streams can be found and played on PC's, tablets, phones etc.  Should we now start saying they are all illegal too and streaming on them will send you to jail?

• Like 4

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It would me think if I was in the UK.

Without seeing the wording if the act are they now saying that a delayed stream only in temporary storage on say a pc is a copywright infringement? Which it is not in European law.

Picture a home user who downloads Kodi which is not illegal and then downloads the usually free addons from the 1000s available on the web and then uses them. How can that be policed.

Going after sellers of preconfigured set top boxes already happens.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/warning-over-pre-loaded-kodi-boxes-as-man-is-fined-250-000-for-selling-them/story-30191794-detail/story.html

the computer shop near me won't load Kodi anymore because of the link above.

Edited by den

Just now, den said:

Thanks. That's what I mean. A 10 pence set top box preloaded with the free legal Kodi software and the usually free addons which are Kodi compatible, call it a Kodi player and sell for a grand. British entrepreneurial spirt at its best;)

DIY for free

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, den said:

Just download the Kodi app direct from Kodi onto your pc. Nothing at all illegal in doing that. Kodi is just a media player app.

• Like 1