BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

So essentially we need some Rovers abroad to offer up their card as a method of payment, assuming one card can have more than one account? Then we can all reimburse them and use a VPN?

Edited by J*B

Just now, J*B said:

So essentially we need some Rovers abroad to offer up their card as a method of payment, assuming one card can have more than one account? Then we can all reimburse them and use a VPN?

I reckon that would do the trick.

Suggestion:

Register via a VPN a 'Free Pass' account with iFollow via the Rovers site. Download the App when it's issued and test it on the videos that such access gives.

Personally I think your IP address is the important factor not where your card is.

iFollow want new subscribers. The investment into this project is huge.

Perth - can you pay by Paypal?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Suggestion:

Register via a VPN a 'Free Pass' account with iFollow via the Rovers site. Download the App when it's issued and test it on the videos that such access gives.

Personally I think your IP address is the important factor not where your card is.

iFollow want new subscribers. The investment into this project is huge.

Perth - can you pay by Paypal?

Doesn't the Free Pass give the same access at home or abroad though?

Just now, Biddy said:

Doesn't the Free Pass give the same access at home or abroad though?

Yes.

My thinking is to register now via VPN but not subscribe until nearer live game transmission when things will be clearer.

Does the App work ok? The IP or CC factor? Will live match streams appear on the web? Can payment be by paypal? Etc.

I'm abroad so I've joined now on Free Pass not using a VPN just to test its quality when the App comes out. Then decide on buying.

I watch ALL uk based sports tv channels from here already ;) and those links are not personal to me.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

59 minutes ago, J*B said:

or a pre paid visa/mastercard , know they have them here not sure about other places. multi currency travel cards might also work

@allroverasia, regarding paypal, no idea can not get anybody to answer that question for some reason although as mentioned its in the terms and conditions just no option to pay that way. Perhaps they realise you can add different currencies to your paypal and select whatever has you main currency so can pay in whatever currency represents the country you may or may not be in  :) 

Also the details are a bit sketchy on whether it is live video/audio or just audio available for the friendly and league cup games, all seems a bit of a rush job with very little detail, not like the EFL that is it.

Edited by perthblue02

Just now, perthblue02 said:

or a pre paid visa/mastercard , know they have them here not sure about other places. multi currency travel cards might also work

@allroverasia, regarding paypal, no idea can not get anybody to answer that question for some reason although as mentioned its in the terms and conditions just no option to pay that way. Perhaps they realise you can add different currencies to your paypal and select whatever has you main currency so can pay in whatever currency represents the country you may or may not be in  :) 

Also the details are a bit sketchy on whether it is live video/audio or just audio available for the friendly and league cup games, all seems a bit of a rush job with very little detail, not like the EFL that is it.

I will also send them an email re paypal and see what happens.

It is very much a work in progress. Hence my reluctance to fully subscribe too soon.

On the basis that Rovers film all games anyway it's no great leap to put them out live via the iFollow system already in place. My theory applies to friendlies and youth level too :D

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Just now, Biddy said:

I'd be happier to give it a try if it had a monthly payment option, something that didn't waste €130 in one go if it's going to eventually block us.

Question for the teccies... how can they stop more than one person using one account?

I will also send them an email re paypal and see what happens.

It is very much a work in progress. Hence my reluctance to fully subscribe too soon.

On the basis that Rovers film all games anyway it's no great leap to put them out live via the iFollow system already in place. My theory applies to friendlies and youth level too :D

When you contact them again can you ask, because of their pathetic rules allowing shadey owners and even shadier business partners, is there an option to subscribe to say fleetwood and watch rovers games considering the following quote

“It’s not that the club takes a percent,” says Barrand. “If the Bolton Wanderers fan subscribes to iFollow, they will do it through the club website and that money goes to Bolton Wanderers. The operating costs are taken out, and the rest of the money goes to the club where the subscription was sourced from.”

Just now, perthblue02 said:

When you contact them again can you ask, because of their pathetic rules allowing shadey owners and even shadier business partners, is there an option to subscribe to say fleetwood and watch rovers games considering the following quote

“It’s not that the club takes a percent,” says Barrand. “If the Bolton Wanderers fan subscribes to iFollow, they will do it through the club website and that money goes to Bolton Wanderers. The operating costs are taken out, and the rest of the money goes to the club where the subscription was sourced from.”

Barrand? Is the quote from a Bolton MB?

Good point you raise on access if any to other club's games.

I can see on demand as a buy option being introduced.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Barrand? Is the quote from a Bolton MB?

Good point you raise on access if any to other club's games.

I can see on demand as a buy option being introduced.

Drew Barrand , Marketing Director EFL

http://digitalsport.co/efls-ifollow-to-bring-overseas-fans-of-lower-league-football-every-live-game-next-season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

No email back from efl yet but I logged on, hit subscribe and given CC and Paypal payment options.

CC requires a billing address BUT Paypal does not.

note: iFollow video or live stream will not work on an Android browser. The Android app is needed but not available yet.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

No email back from efl yet but I logged on, hit subscribe and given CC and Paypal payment options.

CC requires a billing address BUT Paypal does not.

note: iFollow video or live stream will not work on an Android browser. The Android app is needed but not available yet.

Odd, not given PayPal option here (VPN via France). Only Visa, Mastercard or AMEX.

Capture.PNG