BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Just now, Speedie Dived said:

Opera browser has a built in VPN, just saying

Hypothetically speaking..If someone just did that, would it work? Or would someone need to have the VPN active when setting up their account? Just in case I hear of someone doing this so that I can tell them that it is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hypothetically speaking..If someone just did that, would it work? Or would someone need to have the VPN active when setting up their account? Just in case I hear of someone doing this so that I can tell them that it is wrong. 

I would hazard a guess that the active country will be taken into account when you reach the payment screen.

I would also guess that you would have to be connected to a VPN when you are streaming the match.  This could have one of two effects.

1. If you are using a free VPN, the chances are that it will be VERY slow which means the picture might either be crap or buffer a lot.

2. If you are using a paid VPN, you may have to pay quite a bit to have unlimited traffic as a video stream over 46 games would be quite a lot.  For example TunnelBear would set up back a further $9.99 per month or $59.88 paid upfront.

The part that still concerns me is if they let you pay for the year and then block you later for using a UK based payment.

6 minutes ago, Biddy said:

I would also guess that you would have to be connected to a VPN when you are streaming the match.  This could have one of two effects.

1. If you are using a free VPN, the chances are that it will be VERY slow which means the picture might either be crap or buffer a lot.

2. If you are using a paid VPN, you may have to pay quite a bit to have unlimited traffic as a video stream over 46 games would be quite a lot.  For example TunnelBear would set up back a further $9.99 per month or $59.88 paid upfront.

The part that still concerns me is if they let you pay for the year and then block you later for using a UK based payment.

In which case we have plenty of foreign fans on here that could, if two accounts are allowed under the same details, make the payment for you and then be reimbursed? 

40 minutes ago, Biddy said:

Choose a vpn location that allows payment by paypal as well as cc. No billing address asked for in the case of paypal.

Tunnelbear + iFollow still a relatively cheap way to watch 46 live + the other Rovers stuff available.

I think it is based on your IP.

Billing addresses usual when paying by CC to verify the card.

I automatically assumed they would use the audio from the Radio Rovers chaps on the video feeds, reading this sounds like it may be different 

http://www.cynopsis.com/062617-neulion-adds-efl-to-passion-playlist-nba-draft-sees-stock-soar-nhl-commits-to-collegiate-power-play/

Edited by perthblue02

The best VPN to use with the most reliable service and the best prices is Vanish: https://www.ipvanish.com/?a_aid=ipvint&data1=bing&data2=ppc 

Here is a discount coupon you can use as well:     http://www.vpnfan.com/blog/ipvanish-discount-coupon/

Edited by rhodie

6 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Seems American NFL fans had the same problems not being able to view certain games in their home country which were shown on  certain TV stations, which were available overseas 

Link

can't see many League 1 games being shown overseas. 

On the Rovers website the pre-season friendlies no longer show as 'live' on iFollow, this includes the now confirmed game in Austria v Sparta Prague.

Yesterday iFollow Support advised that the android app is not yet available but it will be 'before the season starts' but could not give any date of release.

I need it as iFollow cannot/will not work on an android browser.

11 hours ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Just read that the Channel Islands counts as domestic so no viewing of the live games for me! Hugely disappointing, costs about £200 for flights and travel etc from Jersey to Ewood for one game, so was hoping i would be able to view every game for the £110 deal.

VPN required at around £30 for the year and away you go.

www.tunnelbear.com

On 7/3/2017 at 20:17, AllRoverAsia said:

On the Rovers website the pre-season friendlies no longer show as 'live' on iFollow, this includes the now confirmed game in Austria v Sparta Prague.

Yesterday iFollow Support advised that the android app is not yet available but it will be 'before the season starts' but could not give any date of release.

I need it as iFollow cannot/will not work on an android browser.

The Sparta Prague friendly against an Austrian team (in Austria) that they are playing a couple of days before they play Rovers is being streamed by bet365 , so fingers crossed they stream the Rovers one. Not on the schedule yet

EFL plan to increase number of live games shown in the UK starting 2019/20 season

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/efl-plans-huge-rise-in-live-tv-games_302015.html

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

The Sparta Prague friendly against an Austrian team (in Austria) that they are playing a couple of days before they play Rovers is being streamed by bet365 , so fingers crossed they stream the Rovers one. Not on the schedule yet

EFL plan to increase number of live games shown in the UK starting 2019/20 season

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/off-the-pitch/news/efl-plans-huge-rise-in-live-tv-games_302015.html

My predicition on PL2 coming earlier than expected. They will call the Chamionship that within 5 years, after reducing to 20 teams and 2 up/down with PL1.

Meanwhile the EFL games on Sky or BT will be picked up by international broadcasters so under current rules limiting their showing live on iFollow.

With cameras at every ground and every PL and EFL game being filmed we must be nearing the point where all games will be 'on demand'.

Rovers didn't miss the boat.....they missed the space ship to the Brave Rich New World.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

iFollow Rovers now has a 6 minute highlights video, no commentary, of the game v Barrow.

If you are registered on iFollow Rovers, which I have done via the 'Free Pass' option, you can access this video for FREE.

Whilst still waiting for the android app to be released and having previously read that iFollow could not be played via an android phone browser I decided to test it out on a Lava mobile using Google browser.

After login the video took a while to load and look like it might work bit it did!!:)

Once the player loaded fully and the video started it played perfectly with no buffering at all.

My mobile download speed is just 4 mb max on a data connection out here in a rainy jungle. Literally.

If live games are of the same quality it will be excellent.

I still want to test on the app when issued but todays find was encouraging.

Edit: whilst fine on the cheap Lava phone, which is the wife's, it does not work at all on my own Samsung Win. A situation is arising which I will lose.:unsure:

Edited by AllRoverAsia

13 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

My predicition on PL2 coming earlier than expected. They will call the Chamionship that within 5 years, after reducing to 20 teams and 2 up/down with PL1.

Meanwhile the EFL games on Sky or BT will be picked up by international broadcasters so under current rules limiting their showing live on iFollow.

With cameras at every ground and every PL and EFL game being filmed we must be nearing the point where all games will be 'on demand'.

Rovers didn't miss the boat.....they missed the space ship to the Brave Rich New World.

Yep, no other way of looking at it. We dropped at the worst possible time.