BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Having all midweek games broadcast makes it even more annoying when you can't watch a Saturday afternoon game, I can't get to Ewood tomorrow and would happily pay the tenner to watch at home. Will have to try and find a river to sail on a sit were, although I seem to struggle finding decent rivers these days, I seem to pick the ones full or trolleys and bin bags.

It’s an interesting one, because I imagined our crowd would be lower, but I think winter rounds will be terrible.

It may even hit season tickets next season, once folk get used to every night match being on TV, plus the handful of our weekend home games that are live, and fans will always have certain weekend games throughout a season they can’t get to for one reason or another, people may think ‘is my season ticket worth it when I miss some anyway and I can watch a third of them on TV?’

Totally agree, as I've said earlier in the thread, I've got two children under 4 so time with them and my wife at weekends is my primary focus, I usually get to about 12 or so games a season depending on how they fall. My little lad is 3 now and came to his first game at Oxford last year and I plan on bringing him 3 or 4 times this season, I'd toyed with the idea of getting my season ticket back as based on how much I went last season and the number of midweek games I'd just about break even give or take. They then hiked the price of my seat up to £450 and put every midweek game on tv (which i get in my Sky package) that made it completely senseless for me to get one as I'd literally be chucking between £100 and £200 quid down the drain. Now I want to stay I will still come to midweek games in the depths of winter however when it's blowing a gale and hammering it down in December and I've got the choice of legging it from work to bomb down the M6 from Lancaster or sitting in my living room watching it, I think you can imagine what will happen!!

The availability of 5 or 6 home games on TV for no additional cost to me definitely swayed my decision in getting a season ticket this year, I'm sure it may do the same for more next year.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2018 at 11:56, Torgeir said:

Should be able to edit the audio feed so it's synced but the product they showed yesterday compared to last season is a huge improvement. Commentary, instant replays, more camera angles. Brilliant, worth the £110 I've paid for the season pass.

But that isn't for every game.  . .

Not quite sure how it's decided, but I think if the game isn't being broadcast somewhere in the world it is back to - one camera, no replays and the addition of the terrible out of sync audio (including the crowd).

Edited by Husky

On 25/08/2018 at 13:42, Husky said:

But that isn't for every game.  . .

Not quite sure how it's decided, but I think if the game isn't being broadcast somewhere in the world it is back to - one camera, no replays and the addition of the terrible out of sync audio (including the crowd).

Ah, ok. Thanks, didn't know that. 

Looks like the 3pm rule can be changed. Apparently now the Saturday 3pm blackout rule does not apply during a International break as League 1 and League 2 clubs are showing their games on ifollow this weekend to UK viewers. 

Edit: According to the Accy chairman on twitter a number of clubs in L1 and L2 were unaware of the above and the EFL have sneaked the change through

Edited by perthblue02

The blackout is even more important for say a small League 1 or League 2 club as the 3/400 away fans make a real difference to the club’s income.

At that level, many clubs don’t even sell away tickets in advance, so using yesterday as an example, it was hammering it down - you’d imagine plenty of potential fans would have thought better of travelling and chose ifollow instead.

‘EFL’, pathetic organisation.

I'm currently in USA and bracing myself to face up to Hurricane Florence and was looking forward to watching Saturday's game against Villa on ifollow. I've just found out that there are no game passes available for this due to it being shown live on Sky. Does anyone have any idea where (or if) it will be screened in United States or whether I can access my UK Sky Sports account somehow whilst in US? Thanks if anyone can help.

11 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I'm currently in USA and bracing myself to face up to Hurricane Florence and was looking forward to watching Saturday's game against Villa on ifollow. I've just found out that there are no game passes available for this due to it being shown live on Sky. Does anyone have any idea where (or if) it will be screened in United States or whether I can access my UK Sky Sports account somehow whilst in US? Thanks if anyone can help.

Stay safe Nick!

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Stay safe Nick!

Thanks Stuart: we've done all we can (sandbagged etc) we're on a mountain side in western North Carolina which is 230 miles inland so we're not so worried about the wind, just the rain which could be in biblical proportions if the forecasts are to be believed. We're still looking forward to watching the game on Saturday somehow, assuming we've still got power!

• Like 1