BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They need to sort this out. It's a very expensive service. I don't have a season pass, so pick and choose games. It's €12 per game. I am far from tight with money, but I think that is expensive. Should be €5

Which country are you in?? Costs me GBP 5 per game in Sweden ?

Hadn't realised they did country specific pricing but had noticed small price variations based on currency used. Ie watching on a Japanese or American server results in a £6 hit to the account. Just been glad to be able to watch from behind the the great Chinese firewall but most definitely will not be chosing the Dublin VPN host!

Same price in Malta as in Sweden- suggests that Irish pricing is breaking EU Law.

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Hadn't realised they did country specific pricing but had noticed small price variations based on currency used. Ie watching on a Japanese or American server results in a £6 hit to the account. Just been glad to be able to watch from behind the the great Chinese firewall but most definitely will not be chosing the Dublin VPN host!

Same price in Malta as in Sweden- suggests that Irish pricing is breaking EU Law.

Sky are in Ireland so that puts them on UK level for iFollow access and pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm back in East Lancs in time for the game for the first time in ages (it seemed to be International week every other time). BUT as Preston are essentially a classic 3rd/4th division club - with ground to boot - they can't accommodate our vast army of away followers.

I have the iFollow subscription for 'ex-pats', but that won't work in the UK. Any ideas of a free VPN (the one I was using stopped it's free service the other day) which will allow me to at least stream the game?

Failing that who's got a spare ticket up for grabs? ?

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, Fraserkirky said:

States, never had a 3pm sat home match not be on ifollow. Thanks I’ll check bein

If it was being shown live in the States think it would be on ESPN +, but according to this only being shown live on TV in Australia*

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3039560/blackburn-rovers-vs-sheffield-wednesday/

*Edit, now showing as  live in loads of countries

Edited by perthblue02

I watched the SW game live via a good stream.

Single and good English commentary with multiple camera angles and replays.

Today a Sheff Utd supporting pal texted to congratulate and said he'd also watched the game live on local cable tv in Chiang Mai which had also shown SU v Leeds the previous day. Apparently this channel shows lots of the Championship and not only those from Sky. I suspect he got a local commentary though.