BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

On 08/04/2019 at 12:43, AllRoverAsia said:

I have bought quite a few match day passes this season. Usually used via the app on a mobile but v Stoke via the website on a PC.

I have never succeeded in watching a full replay, hardly a hardship this season you may well say.

I bought a match pass v Stoke so tried to watch a replay yesterday and just now, as always I failed, so I thought I would get it solved and chat to those helpful people at iFollow.

The match pass is valid for 24 hours from match kick off. The full replay is available by noon the next day, I assume UK time,

In summary a match pass gives a 3 hour window in which to try to watch a full replay, as much use as Tits on a Carrot.

Have you subscribed to iFollow? The full replays are all available there throughout the season.

22 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Have you subscribed to iFollow? The full replays are all available there throughout the season.

Not yet as have been living in areas with poor internet. I expect to get much improved internet quite soon so will take an annual pass then.

Presently my internet is very intermittent at times. Yesterday I bought a match pass v Bolton but video was so poor I ended up mostly with just commentary. I hope I can get better for the replay as I do want to watch the 2nd half again. 

Despite the above I watched the whole Pompey game in good quality on a 'stream', iFollow seems under-powered.

Edit at 20.57: Just woke up after a siesta! missed the replay! its been extra hot here and just needed the kip. Annual sub needed  for sure next season but at least I can watch the extended highlights.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just noticed on the Rovers site a new ad for ifollow.

Looks like the subscription price is going up to 130 GBP for the video season pass as they are offering a "early bird price" which is the same as last season 110 GBP 

000001586135.png

Wonder if the four camera coverage and replays is for every game this season

Edit:

Article on the site about price increase from August and use of four cameras this season :)

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/july/sign-up-for-ifollow-rovers/

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, elwaxo said:

Please excuse me not reading back through this whole thread. Are the games on ifollow only available to stream live or can you watch the game later? 

Can be watched live , and available to watch in full usually the next day, or if you can't avoid the score and its a defeat, extended highlights/lowlights also available

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

Is anyone renewing? It was pretty poor last season, in fact it actually went down in 'quality' from the first season.

They switched off camera mic (which had the crowd noise and atmosphere) in favour of the commentary from the toilet cubicle - which often included the idiots turning it on late (meaning no sound at all for large periods). Some of the picture quality seemed to dip in and out as well - ranging from Sega-Mega drive to sub HD.

Edited by Husky

3 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Attendances are bad enough.

Not everyone can get to games.

Clubs need to start marketing the experience of love football and making it more fan friendly - and cheaper.

Personally I’d pay for an away TV season ticket but would go to home games.

7 hours ago, starscascade said:

Why do they only do it for overseas? why cant we have it at home too?

5 hours ago, CD_93 said:

Attendances are bad enough.

I thought that domestic fans could now use ifollow? I’ve used a VPN to access the service in the past but even that became tricky after a while. I’d definitely pay for the season pass if it meant a reliable, quality match day experience. i live in Northern Ireland so my use of ifollow won’t affect attendances in any way.

7 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

If I'm being picky, it would be great if they had an Android TV app for it. Streaming from my phone to the TV is a bit iffy, so I watch from my PC instead. I'm OK with that, but it would be nice to be able to watch it on the big screen.

micro usb to hdmi cable?

8 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

If I'm being picky, it would be great if they had an Android TV app for it. Streaming from my phone to the TV is a bit iffy, so I watch from my PC instead. I'm OK with that, but it would be nice to be able to watch it on the big screen.

I just run a cable from my pc to my tv  .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

I thought that domestic fans could now use ifollow? I’ve used a VPN to access the service in the past but even that became tricky after a while. I’d definitely pay for the season pass if it meant a reliable, quality match day experience. i live in Northern Ireland so my use of ifollow won’t affect attendances in any way.

UK ban on live broadcast between 3 and 5pm on a Saturday. I imagine all game’s that don’t kick off then can be shown, like the Sky red button.

8 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

What’s your experience with this? Was considering having a look tbh

10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

So it would be blocked at VPN level and not your account?

Would hate to shell out on a pass and then get the ban hammer.

Exactly.

I have it set to the States say and it will be working perfectly. Then I log in and get a message saying "Ifollow is blocked from your location". I change it to Canada then and it might work. It just seemed like they were really on the ball keeping on top of the VPNs. It worked about 75% of the time for me. I emailed my VPNs customer service and they were good. They would change it and it might work then for another couple of goes. Bit of fecking around though. For that reason I wouldn't buy the season pass. Which is a pity. I use the VPN for other sites and never have this issue. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Exactly.

I have it set to the States say and it will be working perfectly. Then I log in and get a message saying "Ifollow is blocked from your location". I change it to Canada then and it might work. It just seemed like they were really on the ball keeping on top of the VPNs. It worked about 75% of the time for me. I emailed my VPNs customer service and they were good. They would change it and it might work then for another couple of goes. Bit of fecking around though. For that reason I wouldn't buy the season pass. Which is a pity. I use the VPN for other sites and never have this issue. 

Maybe look into iptv then, just can’t get to enough games!

cheers bds

• Like 1

It has worked most of the time for me over the past two seasons.  I quite like Neal and Warren though they're not without faults.  It's super annoying when it doesn't work properly which is occasionally but way better than the alternative.  Having been living away for quite a while it still feels great to be able to watch the games and I will definitely be renewing.  I live in Shanghai most of the year and the internet can be weird, it's quite fast normally but ifollow doesn't seem to like China (I do wonder if there is something to do with some connected blocked sites e.g. can't access facebook youtube and  many more) so I do sometimes use a VPN after I have logged in and then it is much faster.  I need my VPN for everyday use (getting around the great firewall) so I pay for Astrill but even then still have occasional issues.

Overall 80-90% of the time it works well enough and it sounds like it will be improved in the coming season with more cameras and replays so looking forward to that.

• Like 1

I love the 2 lads on commentary. Their commentary is kind of like a day on here. They veer from blind optimism to the depths of pessimism in seconds. It's gas when they either big someone up and inevitably jinx them or slate a player only for him to do something brilliant. They never let each other off with it. 

Who are they? 

• Like 1