BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Who are the players starting from the bottom can anyone tell me? 

How do you even end up in such a position 

You have to credit Downing there (or discredit Nyambe) as he outsprinted the fullback there despite his age. Actually, I was quite impressed in just how up for it Downing is. Every goal that went in he was delighted and really spurring the team on. Nice to be able to say that about an older player coming in for possibly his last contract here. 

• Like 4

Just now, JacknOry said:

You have to credit Downing there (or discredit Nyambe) as he outsprinted the fullback there despite his age. Actually, I was quite impressed in just how up for it Downing is. Every goal that went in he was delighted and really spurring the team on. Nice to be able to say that about an older player coming in for possibly his last contract here. 

Indeed, he always came across as a player who was really professional. I wouldn't imagine he had many late nights in the club. Stands to guys when they get to their mid 30s. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In all fairness, Rovers' two young centre backs are just out of picture to the right but with three Oldham players breaking towards them they are covering space rather than runners. The scorer just carried the ball unchallenged from that point striking an accurate screamer from 25 yards rather than risking taking it into the box.

We'd had 75% possession to that point and were pushing up again ploddingly when Buckley (2nd to bottom of Rovers running back) received a diagonal backwards hospital pass from Smallwood which the Oldham player in the bottom of picture intercepted and immediately played through to the guy who ran on and scored.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

In all fairness, Rovers' two young centre backs are just out of picture to the right but with three Oldham players breaking towards them they are covering space rather than runners. The scorer just carried the ball unchallenged from that point striking an accurate screamer from 25 yards rather than risking taking it into the box.

We'd had 75% possession to that point and were pushing up again ploddingly when Buckley (2nd to bottom of Rovers running back) received a diagonal backwards hospital pass from Smallwood which the Oldham player in the bottom of picture intercepted and immediately played through to the guy who ran on and scored.

Yeah, it was tough on Platt and Grayson, go to the man and free up another one... TM was quite often telling Nyambe to get further forward so can't blame the full backs either, not that we ever managed to exploit the space in front of him.

Was the game on iFollow after all?

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My guess is Evans, Buckley, Smallwood, Downing, Nyambe but TBH not sure

If I'm correct Smallwood cannot sprit, Buckley gave up early doors and Evans surprised me with pace. Downing outpaced Nyambe comfortably.

This might encourage someone with a clearer picture to give the correct starting order.

If you scroll down on this Twitter link you see the goals individually

https://twitter.com/brfcsdotcom

• Like 1