BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

I had to faff around for 30 minutes last week.

Eventually got in by completely re-entering myself using the Safari bowser. 

Normally use Chrome.

I wonder if we are going to get more than 75 minutes plus the pre-match chat today?

I also missed the first few minutes of the second half because the signal had frozen. Only realised I was missing out when I spotted chat about match action on here. 

I think the whole ifollow is very poor. Don't get me wrong, I think the camera work and commentary is extremely good but too often I get thrown out. The Leeds match I missed from 15 minutes to 75 minutes. I tried to "chat" to them but got no response. The screen goes a blank grey with a triangle in the centre with a diagonal line through it.

I sent an email to which they responded telling me to clear the cache and cookies which I did. Next game was ok, Cardiff away but today, WBA at home, same thing happened at 15 minutes. No response from the "chat with us". What a farce that is!

I came out of the browser, went in again to Rovers site and managed to get the rest of the game ok.

I certainly won't be paying for this poor quality of streaming in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

The iFollow season pass for overseas users seems to have increased by quite a large percentage - up by more than 27% from £110 to £140.

Just a reminder for those already subscribed that you have to email ifollow@efl.com in order to stop the automatic renewal process (payment) if you wish to do so.

Appreciate for the heads up, Phil. Emailed them.

By the way, where did you get the information of the iFollow pricing increase? Can't find any info on it. To be honest, £30 is really a fair bit.

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

The iFollow season pass for overseas users seems to have increased by quite a large percentage - up by more than 27% from £110 to £140.

Just a reminder for those already subscribed that you have to email ifollow@efl.com in order to stop the automatic renewal process (payment) if you wish to do so.

It increased to 130 last season, unless you took it up before the early bird pricing of 110 which ended around the beginning of august if I remember rightly. 

Edited by perthblue02

2 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Appreciate for the heads up, Phil. Emailed them.

By the way, where did you get the information of the iFollow pricing increase? Can't find any info on it. To be honest, £30 is really a fair bit.

Just got a reminder come through to the email address used to sign up to ifollow, new pricing is detailed on it.

Edited by perthblue02

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

I cancelled my iFollow subscription renewal a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted to think about it. I'm torn on whether or not to renew before tomorrow's Carabao Cup game. Strictly speaking, stumping up £140 tomorrow isn't really within my planned budget, and I'm not really impressed with a price hike (for me) of £30, but then at £3.30 per game or thereabouts, it still seems like good value for money, and I really want to be able to watch Rovers.

I really want to renew, but then £140 is still a fair amount to let go for me, given what's happened this year. Anybody else in a similar conundrum? I'm looking for reasons to justify getting it, I suppose, but then my calculator says that I shouldn't. ?

The main reason is £3.30 a game, money well spent, go for it ?

Being in China iFollow can be very frustrating because I too often have streaming issues despite high speed internet but then what is the alternative? It's iFollow or nothing so I will renew.  Does anyone know if the game is available overseas for season subscribers or do we have to pay the £10 match fee?

13 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Any other overseas subscribers having this problem, whereby the interview videos are locked? I've had an active subscription since yesterday, and I can see that my account says as much, but the videos section is not fully unlocked, which suggests to me that I'm not subscribed.

I have the same problem, but my old subscription runs to september 2 2002, so should be able to watch the videos. My new one doesn't start until 1 september.

"

Video Season Pass 02/09/2020 ACTIVE

4 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Same for me (although through to 2021). I've been on the support chat for 45 minutes but getting sent round in circles with stuff that I tried beforehand (clearing cache/cookies, trying a different browser, etc.). Not sure what's going on, really. And they switched agents about 15 minutes ago mid-chat and he's telling me to do exactly the same. Not looking great! Unless those videos aren't published? But I don't have any links to watch the video of the upcoming game, yet. Not sure if that's something that will appear later on, or if my account is knackered.

I am not sure either, I had to register to a new account this season as well. Don't think I did that last year. But I will not buy a match pass for today's game. I think I am paying more than enough for a season.

"The 4 games today are Carabao cup games live video is only available in the UK and customers will need to purchase a match pass to watch. Customers will get audio access with their monthly or season pass"

From the iFollow helpdesk.

So if you are based outside UK, and you just signed up for the season pass, you can only get audio access, and no video access for this game. Unless you fork out another 10 pounds.

?

3 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

That sucks. Carabao Cup games were shown last season (and previous seasons).

That's odd as the international FAQ states that Carabao cup games are excluded.  I've just been searching as I was just about to buy the season pass until I found I could not see the Donny game on the live match center.

Granted, that FAQ also says that the season ticket is still £110 so obviously not updated. Typical for this service really.

1 minute ago, OnePhilT said:

Only if you pay the £10 on top. It won't work if you're logged in with overseas account details and connected to a UK VPN. A friend told me.

You need to close the browser, dial up to VPN and then open the browser and sign back in to iFollow.

Well, it works that way going from UK to US VPN so effectively in reverse.  

I can empathise with our overseas fans not being able to watch. This is what every away game is like for many of us UK, nay Blackburn, -based supporters.

Overseas fans watching live TV coverage for peanuts while I have to dig out an old wireless and hope Radio Lancashire aren’t covering Burnley just so I can hear it - because copyright doesn’t even allow me to listen on internet radio!

Even today I’ve had to pay as much as a match ticket to watch a League Cup game online.

Your turn to be treated like shite. Don’t worry normal service will resume soon.

• Like 1