BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

I'm in the UK and tried to listen to the match commentary on iPad. It wouldn't work and checking my subscription details nothing came up. I understood that as I had already subscribed to player hd and paid up until January 2018 it would just be swapped over but quite clearly not. I've e mailed them but apart from confirmation e mail to show they've received mine I've had no reply yet. I'm not happy. 

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

I'm in the UK and tried to listen to the match commentary on iPad. It wouldn't work and checking my subscription details nothing came up. I understood that as I had already subscribed to player hd and paid up until January 2018 it would just be swapped over but quite clearly not. I've e mailed them but apart from confirmation e mail to show they've received mine I've had no reply yet. I'm not happy. 

I believe you are supposed to get a refund via where ever you paid for it from in the first place, I can't confirm this myself as hadn't subscribed previously but a few have mentioned this

Regarding refunds from the player HD subscriptions, it seems that overseas supporters had their subscriptions cancelled and refunds issued (or not)  UK and Ireland based subscribers should have had their subscription transferred to the new ifollow

Overseas FAQ    UK And Ireland FAQ     Request address for refunds / contact email address in those links.  It does seem that if you subscribed via paypal to the player HD service  for 12 months at the beginning of last season the refunds were not processed because of Paypal's limit on refund times and the EFL contacted by email (mine was in the spam folder) regarding getting a refund

@Phil T  Laptop (windows)  version worked fine had to switch to it at half time , hdmi  cable attached to tv works well, looking around a few other football forums it seems hdmi and airplay is disabled on Apple products running the service?

Edited by perthblue02

What happened to the full match replay that was supposed to be available ( for o/seas fans on full subscription)  the day after the match, yes I did watch it live but wanted to see if the replay was better quality than the stream.

Download a VPN. Make an iFollow account using VPN (Australia works well). Make payment on credit card via PayPal. 

Sign into iFollow using VPN. Load game. Once streaming switch off VPN. 

3 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Thanks for the info @perthblue02. I've got in touch with iFollow, so I'll see what they say.

I don't think I paid by PayPal, but my billing address is still in the UK, so that could be why they didn't cancel my original subscription.

When I logged into iFollow on the laptop yesterday, I couldn't find a link to the match, only "Latest Videos" with the Harry Chapman interview as the last thing available. Maybe I was looking in the wrong place. Will try again next time.

Yes it was hard to find, way i found it was -  log in , then go to Matches > first team fixtures and results (top menu), alongside the various fixtures there is a watch on Ifollow / listen on ifollow link, just clicked on the watch link , the match page opened with video

Edited by perthblue02

49 minutes ago, jw_ said:

What happened to the full match replay that was supposed to be available ( for o/seas fans on full subscription)  the day after the match, yes I did watch it live but wanted to see if the replay was better quality than the stream.

Go to the results screen and the full match replay is there. No comms though.

10 hours ago, jw_ said:

You can access it through matches the first team results.

Same as live, mo commentary or anything different so worse than the old player.

Also makes it much harder to not see the result as through desktop at least the status bar has little footballs showing when a goal is scored.

Am I the only person who sometimes will watch the game the nest day having avoided seeing the result (which is getting much easier the worse we get :( ) ?

Although it is great to be able to see matches live and the stream was fine (I was in Ireland with Astrill vpn set to Netherlands) no commentary even on the replay (which you have to wait almost 20 hours for) is poor.  It's not a cheap service but am I being greedy?

7 minutes ago, chickendippers123 said:

I go to register for a season pass and it asks for my card details. No PayPal link. I am using a VPN. How can I pay through PayPal? Thanks

Clear your browser cache, and use a NZ ip or one of the others mentioned on previous posts (HK is one), do it from the ifollow link on the desktop version of the rovers site. For some reason Au and some other countries do not show the paypal option sometimes

Edited by perthblue02

22 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

You can access it through matches the first team results.

Same as live, mo commentary or anything different so worse than the old player.

Also makes it much harder to not see the result as through desktop at least the status bar has little footballs showing when a goal is scored.

Am I the only person who sometimes will watch the game the nest day having avoided seeing the result (which is getting much easier the worse we get :( ) ?

Although it is great to be able to see matches live and the stream was fine (I was in Ireland with Astrill vpn set to Netherlands) no commentary even on the replay (which you have to wait almost 20 hours for) is poor.  It's not a cheap service but am I being greedy?

Did not see the following myself just read it on another forum, but during a live video stream  of a match there was an option on audio for home /away/ crowd or something like that. Apparently only the crowd one worked, but it may be something they will be adding, but read elsewhere it is at the clubs discretion to add audio to the video feed.

Also read somewhere that adding the audio to the video is the club's responsibility, so who knows?

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Go to the results screen and the full match replay is there. No comms though.

On my results screen it shows a picture of previous match with the score and a written match report no video, and I'm subscribed for the full season.

Ok now I've found it , did'nt  scroll down far enough.

Edited by jw_

Overall, I found the site difficult to navigate on anything other than my Galaxy.  Could not get desktop to run it.  Clicked the links but could get nothing other than another sign in page and a video ad for I follow.

On the phone video started out great for 10 or so mins then started to get stop start and hazy/pixelated, that's wjy I tried to move to the desktop.  No luck back to phone for last 20 mins and video worked pretty much flawlessly. 

Verdict, for me well worth the price.of admission, truth be told I'd probanly pat twice that I did miss the Radio Rovers.blokes though, never thought I'd say that.

• Like 2