Sign in to follow this  
RV Blue

Every game live streamed for overseas fans next season

On 05/09/2017 at 00:25, perthblue02 said:

If you mean commentary , Yes, but currently you have to open two tabs , first tab click on watch video (with crowd noise), second tab click the listen link with commentary. 

It is out of sync , but if you pause video for approx 5/10 seconds its near enough, downside if you have brfcs open as well you know we are going to score before you see it :)

It's pretty poor how they can't sync the audio and pictures properly for those with the 'ex-pat access'

3 minutes ago, Husky said:

It's pretty poor how they can't sync the audio and pictures properly for those with the 'ex-pat access'

Makes no sense at all. The system allows it but the Club have to arrange it.

By the way, where is the link to the live coverage?

When you login to your account via rovers, on the iFollow link there is Latest Videos, Match Highlights etc. but no 'Live coverage' link.

23 minutes ago, Husky said:

By the way, where is the link to the live coverage?

When you login to your account via rovers, on the iFollow link there is Latest Videos, Match Highlights etc. but no 'Live coverage' link.

Go to matches, first team fixtures > match centre or just click the links alongside the fixture.

Pretty p***** with them today, password not recognised, 6 attempts to reset password , 0 emails received with reset link!

Edited by perthblue02

Had audio commentary outside UK for the first half but did not restart for second half. iFollow technical support say 'still waiting on club to contact us'. Video feed working.

till waiting on the club to contact us

I've watched the last 2 matches on ifollow (abroad on holiday) and it does feel like you need to be Columbo to eventually stumble onto actually seeing the match!

In my case, pay via the website, watch on the app on my iPad.

Footage is good (players less so!) but odd having no commentary! Oh and slight lag with twitter so both goals yesterday I had slight notice.

To be honest, a nice bonus service whilst on holiday and if I was an ex pat I'd certainly get the season pass.

Edited by JPTSwindon

8 hours ago, JPTSwindon said:

I've watched the last 2 matches on ifollow (abroad on holiday) and it does feel like you need to be Columbo to eventually stumble onto actually seeing the match!

:lol: Couldn't agree more!

Problems first arose before the Bradford match. I missed half of it because their password reset system doesn't work. To be fair, their live chat system seemed good, and I managed to login for the second half.

On the laptop, you'd expect the live matches to be access under the iFollow section. Nope! You have to go to the Matches menu instead.

When I try to watch it on Chrome, the stream is really jittery. Have to use a different browser (IE works fine).

When I connect my phone to the TV to do the screen share, it lags, so that's a no-go.

When I connect my laptop to the TV with an HDMI, the TV knows about it, but doesn't pick up the signal, even though it did the first time I plugged it in. Solution? Use another laptop.

Oh and yesterday, my internet went down for the goal. :angry:

Once you've got your own setup going and working, it's great to have the ability to watch us from afar, so I'm grateful for that at least. And my gratitude is shown with £110!

By the way, I haven't even tried the audio commentary, but I can imagine radio commentary being a bit OTT when watching at the same time... And probably out of sync. Anyone tried it?

yes the live feed and the audio should be link into one tab not have to use 2 other wise service its quite good

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

How long is the deal for?

I wonder about the actual investment that's gone into it especially considering this:

https://twitter.com/ianbiddybaxter/status/911587954816159744

That's impressive compared to the rumoured EFL ifollow content kit sent out to clubs

81s6l6v3YZL._SL1500_.jpg

To be fair the video quality is better than I expected, hopefully they iron out the other problems during the season

Edited by perthblue02

iFollow will be available for every game at a fee next season. 

35 minutes ago, Biddy said:

The was tongue in cheek.  Well, at least I hope it was! :D

I don't need help looking a mug usually - but in this instance the leg up is appreciated :P

11 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Do you mean in the UK JB?

Yep - you won't be able to sign up for a reduced fee like foreign fans can, but you'll be able to buy every match individually. 

21 hours ago, J*B said:

iFollow will be available for every game at a fee next season. 

Looks like that's midweek only, reading the link, none available on a Saturday.

Is there anyone on line who lives in Aussie and has a subscription that can check on the replay of Rovers v Rotherham.

It was supposed to be available an hour ago and all I get is a black screen when I try to play it. The same thing happened with the Shrewsbury replay it wasn't available for hours after it was scheduled.

Anybody In Aus please check to see if its working.

]Cheers  

36 minutes ago, jw_ said:

Is there anyone on line who lives in Aussie and has a subscription that can check on the replay of Rovers v Rotherham.

It was supposed to be available an hour ago and all I get is a black screen when I try to play it.

The same thing happened to me during the live stream against Wimbledon. It seemed to be a browser issue. I can't remember what I did exactly, but I either cleared the cookies, or gave the computer a boot. I mean a reboot.

1 hour ago, jw_ said:

It was supposed to be available an hour ago and all I get is a black screen when I try to play it. The same thing happened with the Shrewsbury replay it wasn't available for hours after it was scheduled.

Anybody In Aus please check to see if its working.

]Cheers  

Hi JW

Just tried via chrome and getting a black screen and the controls play etc do nothing

The stuff directly in under the ifollow menu runs ok , highlights , interviews

Edit : tried with a clean install of firefox as well, same result.

Edited by perthblue02

@jw_ @perthblue02 If it helps, my normal browser is Chrome, but performance seems quite poor with iFollow. I had to switch to Microsoft Edge, but it works a treat. For reference, the black screen issue I had appeared on Microsoft Edge, but a cache/cookie clear resolved it for me, if I recall.

Hmm, just realised I put "works a treat", followed by a problem with it! So it doesn't really work a treat, it just sort of works. :wacko:

Edited by Phil T
Contradiction!

Thanks Phil T and Perthblue02 for your replies, this is what I have found out..

They are not loading the replays at the time they originally stated that is why the screen on the latest match was black.

Once they load it to the system it's fine but the problem is I don't know what time it gets loaded. They said it would be available at 12noon UK time the day after the match but that's just not happening. 12noon UK time is 9pm here and I tried until 11pm and it still hadn't loaded but this morning its finally available. This has happened with the last two matches so I've sent them a detailed email of complaint. My concern is that when daylight saving starts/ends the time difference will  even worse with live games starting at 2am (Aus time) and replays allegedly starting at 11pm (Aus time) but obviously that last one could start any time in the middle of the night.

The only way to be able to see the game during normal hours is to watch a replay and it now looks like that will be 2 days after a game and then I have to get the wife to sign in because I don't want to see the score :).

All that being said I have seen every game this season and will see whole of the season and I haven't done that for donkeys years, so I am enjoying it but just brassed off with Ifollow.  

1 hour ago, jw_ said:

The only way to be able to see the game during normal hours is to watch a replay and it now looks like that will be 2 days after a game and then I have to get the wife to sign in because I don't want to see the score :).

Sat 10 pm and midweek 2.45am kick offs here, another benefit of living in  Westralia  :)

Edited by perthblue02