Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RV Blue

Every game live streamed for overseas fans next season

Recommended Posts

Just now, tonyoz said:

I like the sound of it. Can anyone tell me if RoversPlayer is dead. I have a rolling direct debit for this and my password no longer works. It's hard to find any info!

Thanks.

You should as an existing RP subscriber have been contacted already.

If you were paying annually there would be a refund due from RP. If paying monthly by DD maybe not.

RP is now closed and it is my understanding that you have to re-register with IFollow.

You can create a 'free pass' account initially and subscribe when more comfortable with it...in my case when the app is issued, works and the season starts!

There is a link to iFollow in an earlier post and the link has an international viewer fact sheet and iFollow efl contact details.

I would contact iFollow at EFL for confirmation of your account. They respond quickly to email.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never could get Rovers Player to run reliably so dropping subscription as a Venky's protest was no big deal.

I see from the website link, there is no way of actually subscribing to this service.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, philipl said:

Never could get Rovers Player to run reliably so dropping subscription as a Venky's protest was no big deal.

I see from the website link, there is no way of actually subscribing to this service.

 

Go to iFollow on the Rovers site to join.

I had the new version of RP for a few weeks last season and it had greatly improved. I hope that iFollow is similar but intend to test before buying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 18:52, perthblue02 said:

Sign up is now available for ifollow, LINK nice to see no extra Australia tax added on :) to the subscription cost. Matches will be steamed in HD

Android and the fruit company apps not yet ready, but will be in time for the first games of the season apparently. 

Looks like none of the clubs that are opted out are in League 1, so can expect all 46 Rovers matches obviously apart from those that will be chosen by overseas broadcaster to show live. Think I can count on one hand the League 1 games apart from play offs that were shown last season, so looking good.

 

 

Did it give you the option to sign up to all the matches? Only giving me 2 options, free or 45 quid..Im in Ireland but just wondering if its given you the full option as you are outside of the UK and Ireland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Did it give you the option to sign up to all the matches? Only giving me 2 options, free or 45 quid..Im in Ireland but just wondering if its given you the full option as you are outside of the UK and Ireland

Yes it did, came up with Australian pricing (screenshot in next post), only problem is can't see how to pay via paypal*, and they have not responded to an email. :(

* it is listed as a payment option in the terms and conditions.

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, philipl said:

Never could get Rovers Player to run reliably so dropping subscription as a Venky's protest was no big deal.

I see from the website link, there is no way of actually subscribing to this service.

 

Are you not seeing a similar screen when you go to the linked page Phillip?

screenshotifollow.jpg

P.s On mobile , just go to the highlights videos and there is a subscribe link on each one,  that takes you to the ifollow sign up :)

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Are you not seeing a similar screen when you go to the linked page Phillip?

screenshotifollow.jpg

P.s On mobile , just go to the highlights videos and there is a subscribe link on each one,  that takes you to the ifollow sign up :)

Thanks Perth,

I have the same options as the UK..they do realise Ireland is a separate country yeah? Annoying! Has to be a way to register as if your in a foreign country :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/05/2017 at 19:49, RV Blue said:

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/live-streaming-platform-ifollow-unveiled-for-global-efl-fans-3703945.aspx

This looks like a decent idea, and I'm sure us domestic fans will be able to take advantage one way or another ;)

Sounds like a fate worse than death . . . . .

Personally I'd rather go to the beach/lake/mountain/jungle etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Husky said:

Sounds like a fate worse than death . . . . .

Personally I'd rather go to the beach/lake/mountain/jungle etc.

What, you aren't excited to see us go to battle with the likes of Northampton, Gillingham, Walsall and Plymouth? :blink: get behind the lads (metaphorically speaking, ffs). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigBar said:

Reckon that's on the free or the paid in UK?

The games with the camera icon will be shown live on iFollow international version.

There is no reason I can think of why the pre-season friendlies can't be shown on the UK or indeed the 'Free Pass' versions. Good marketing idea maybe.

Having lived abroad for years if their is live sport being transmitted somewhere in the world then most of the time it is available online.

I just watched live all the ICC Cricket World Cup and now the U21 Euros with a bit of racing

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

The games with the camera icon will be shown live on iFollow international version.

There is no reason I can think of why the pre-season friendlies can't be shown on the UK or indeed the 'Free Pass' versions. Good marketing idea maybe.

Are you signing up in Thailand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigBar said:

Are you signing up in Thailand?

Yes, but only after the android app is issued and I've tested it.

I am retired now but now often in quite remote locations doing volunteer aid work with my Thai wife and need it to work via my phone. Most apps are fine so should be ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, but only after the android app is issued and I've tested it.

I am retired now but now often in quite remote locations doing volunteer aid work with my Thai wife and need it to work via my phone. Most apps are fine so should be ok.

Thai wife...PLAYA!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AllRoverAsia , what email address did you use to contact them, efldigital@efl.com? , still not received a reply  regarding the paypal query, even cut me off on live chat when I mentioned it is a payment option in the terms an conditions. Might just forget about trying to give them money and go down the free route which will no doubt be available

BTW first game of the season looking like it will not be on Ifollow , sky are broadcasting it so will no doubt be picked up by non Uk channels

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, perthblue02 said:

@AllRoverAsia , what email address did you use to contact them, efldigital@efl.com? , still not received a reply  regarding the paypal query, even cut me off on live chat when I mentioned it is a payment option in the terms an conditions. Might just forget about trying to give them money and go down the free route which will no doubt be available

BTW first game of the season looking like it will not be on Ifollow , sky are broadcasting it so will no doubt be picked up by non Uk channels

 

EFL iFollow Support at email:

ifollow@efl.com

Yes any games on TV will not be on iFollow.

I'm also keeping an eye on other options;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2017 at 13:43, joey_big_nose said:

I can't see how they can do anything about the VPN issue. The Chinese government can't do anything effective to stop citizens using VPN, so I think the EFL/club is not going to have much hope.

I was more meaning the fact you seem to have to pay by credit card and therefore need to provide your billing address.  Therefore, us in the UK would have to supply our UK address which *could* theoretically get us blocked from the service (if they put the effort in)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biddy said:

I was more meaning the fact you seem to have to pay by credit card and therefore need to provide your billing address.  Therefore, us in the UK would have to supply our UK address which *could* theoretically get us blocked from the service (if they put the effort in)

Unless you know someone who lives abroad who will pay it on your behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

BTW first game of the season looking like it will not be on Ifollow , sky are broadcasting it so will no doubt be picked up by non Uk channels

 

Are Sky showing it? Saw that 3 championship games are being shown over the opening weekend but nothing about our game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, lraC said:

Unless you know someone who lives abroad who will pay it on your behalf.

How would it work ? Would they just pay and give you the log in details ?  Would it work if your IP address is in England when logging in

 

Edited by Oldgregg86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biddy said:

I was more meaning the fact you seem to have to pay by credit card and therefore need to provide your billing address.  Therefore, us in the UK would have to supply our UK address which *could* theoretically get us blocked from the service (if they put the effort in)

I don't think they would take a risk on blocking UK banks/billing address as plenty of custom will be from expats who live abroad but will pay via UK bank accounts with a UK billing address.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How would it work ? Would they just pay and give you the log in details ?  Would it work if your IP address is in England when logging in

 

Essentially when you use a VPN your computer will act as though you are in the country of your choice. For example, I spend most of my time in Spain and I can use a VPN to act as though I am in the UK when necessary. I can watch ITV player that way or BBC player, both of which would not work, using a Spanish ISP. As someone has already pointed out, using a VPN whilst in the UK but connecting to another Country would work, but paying by card, means you have to give the address that the card is registered to. So if you are really living in the UK and intend to pay with a UK registered card, even though you could fool the computer into think you are abroad, the fact that you have paid with a UK card, could mean you have no access. If however you have a friend you lives abroad and they pay for you, that solves the problem. You would get them to create a user name and password that you choose and away you go.

 

The VPN I use is www.tunnelbear.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tunnelbear is the one I use too and is excellent. The Daily Mail is banned here and a lot of the footy links given on this MB are for the DM.

Main reason is to get BBC and ITV players especially now that there has been a tightening on the availabilty of uk free to air overseas. Filmon now charges! Twohats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.