BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Highlights for yesterdays win are now on the website.

I hate to lighten the mood but if thats the sort of quality they're producing I'm not sure I can watch a full season of it. I genuinely feel nauseous after watching a 4 minute video. Everything is on the p!ss, the graphics are terrible, both nets are out of focus and the entire thing needs white balancing. Hoping its a one off while during pre-season.

Edited by J*B
  • Like 1

Q: What type of production quality can subscribers expect from iFollow?

A: Every iFollow service will have a minimum of a single camera. Each club can choose to enhance the streaming production with more cameras and audio commentary, if they choose.

Uhhh, one camera. Hope Rovers enhance :)

2 hours ago, jw_ said:

So has anyone succeeded in paying by Pay pal from Australia yet?

If Australia doesn't have the PayPal option, just install something like TunnelBear and set your location to Hong Kong.  You will then be able to use PayPal to sign up.  Then just uninstall TunnelBear again if you no longer want it.

Ok has anyone from Australia signed up and paid by card such as visa/debit and if so what information did you receive . You see I registered and selected the full season option then supplied my card details and heard, nothing. Normally it's usual to receive confirmation of purchase with copy of details on the transaction but I rec'd nothing and weirdly they only took $1.30 out of my account. When I sign in to ifollow and check my details it says no purchases and no package but it does have all my personal details .

I have contacted them but they waiting for a reply is like watching paint dry, so if anyone has joined what did they receive in the way of correspondence, if anything.

On 7/25/2017 at 14:46, jw_ said:

So has anyone succeeded in paying by Pay pal from Australia yet?

Know you have got this sorted now, but for anybody else who wants to pay via paypal from Au, clear your browser cache, use a vpn to obtain a NZ ip address, log in to your ifollow account, go to subscribe from the top menu , click package required and next screen shows the paypal option in GBP .

btw the new android app is out 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neulion.efl0005

and there is going to be a match by match subscription available (not sure if all clubs are doing it but this from the Grimsby website

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/ifollow-match-passes-now-available/

Should be good for those who want to see if it works wherever they are ;)

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Has anyone else had an active subscription to RoversPlayer that's been carried over to iFollow?

I've been trying to login with those details, but it asks me to contact customer support, or reset my password. When I reset my password, I don't get an email to reset it (not in inbox or spam). There aren't any contact details for customer support, either, so I've just emailed the club. Hope I can get a response before Saturday, as I want to watch the match.

Also, does anyone know what would happen to my one year subscription to RoversPlayer that I signed up for in February? I paid about £37 for that, but would iFollow include live matches for my account until February?

Sorry for the questions, I'm at a dead end with finding answers.

Player dies not carry over, only your sign in details.  You should have had a refund.  Finally got signed up, had to use the desktop android phone would not let me do it.  Funny thing is on the desktop I can only play interviews, highlights wont play, I get a pop up asking me to sign up for free, video won't play.  Everything plays fine on the phone though.

19 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Has anyone else had an active subscription to RoversPlayer that's been carried over to iFollow?

I've been trying to login with those details, but it asks me to contact customer support, or reset my password. When I reset my password, I don't get an email to reset it (not in inbox or spam). There aren't any contact details for customer support, either, so I've just emailed the club. Hope I can get a response before Saturday, as I want to watch the match.

Also, does anyone know what would happen to my one year subscription to RoversPlayer that I signed up for in February? I paid about £37 for that, but would iFollow include live matches for my account until February?

Sorry for the questions, I'm at a dead end with finding answers.

Rovers Player lapsed. No carry over and yiu are due a refund.

You need to open a new iFollow account via the Rovers website. You can open a Free Pass and subscribe later. This way you can test the app etc on one of the free videos.

6 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Player dies not carry over, only your sign in details.  You should have had a refund.  Finally got signed up, had to use the desktop android phone would not let me do it.  Funny thing is on the desktop I can only play interviews, highlights wont play, I get a pop up asking me to sign up for free, video won't play.  Everything plays fine on the phone though.

My sign in details did not carry over so I opened a new account on iFollow.

I am still on a Free Pass and the app works a treat on my Samsung Win. Tested so far on the free vids. I hope Rovers do a matchday pass like Grimsby so I can test a live feed.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Has anyone tried to install the app on their TV or apple TV? I have a Sony Bravia TV with google play on but I cannot find the Blackburn app when I search for it.

It seems to be available when i use my computer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neulion.efl0005&hl=fi

*Edit* I guess it won´t work on a Android TV/Apple TV:

What devices does iFollow work on?

iFollow is available across desktop, mobile, tablet and app. Users watching matches live on a mobile will have to use the iFollow app, which is available via the App Store and Google Play Store.

Edited by Robin

10 hours ago, Robin said:

Has anyone tried to install the app on their TV or apple TV? I have a Sony Bravia TV with google play on but I cannot find the Blackburn app when I search for it.

It seems to be available when i use my computer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neulion.efl0005&hl=fi

*Edit* I guess it won´t work on a Android TV/Apple TV:

Apparently apps for android tv need to be certified by the developer different from regular android apps, hence some apps don't show up in the google play store when accessed from android tv. Maybe neulion have this in the pipeline? Might be worth contacting them

A cheap option in the meantime is to run a hdmi cable (ran a 10 metre hdmi cable in the past with no loss in quality) from your computer to the tv (or screen mirror from comp or phone) or alternatively get a cheap android box. Also the option to sideload it onto the tv apps with the apk file from a phone ,don't know if this will work with this app though and its a lot of messing about.

Got ifollow successfully installed and running on android 4.42 on a Minix Neo x8H box  and also  on a older cheaper generic box that I had lying around for my brother in law who was having the same problems as yourself with the same brand TV

Hope the above helps

Touch wood, the app is performing well so far definitely an improvement on the last one, the real test will come at 3pm on Saturday and the strain on the servers 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 2

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2017/05/09/efl-ifollow-faq-need-know-football-leagues-new-streaming-service/

Q: In addition to watching games via the web, will there be any apps available so football supporters can watch games via smartphones, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire and Chromecast?

A: The iFollow platform is optimized for web, mobile and tablet browsers. There are plans to release an app at a future date. But an app for the Roku, Apple TV and Amazon Fire won’t be ready in the foreseeable future.

With Chromecast, even if it’s not enabled on the iFollow web, mobile and tablet browser experience, Chromecast users can ‘cast’ the streams to their TV set using the built-in feature in Google Chrome.

• Like 1

I live in Spain and hope I have this sorted. I won't know until Saturday when the Southend match hopefully appears, so we shall see. I have some very technically gifted friends, so hope they have done me proud.