BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Just now, OnePhilT said:

The FAQs also state that a match won't live-stream on iFollow if it's being shown on an EFL partner's channel in your country of residence, and I know for a fact that this hasn't been the case here in Croatia! Rovers were on a partner TV channel few times last season, and it was still shown on iFollow. So I tend to just figure it out myself when it comes to these technicalities. Ah well..

I think iFollow is all over the place.  When I dial up to US VPN and the game is on ESPN+ iFollow doesn't show the game, which is a tad annoying.

24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I can empathise with our overseas fans not being able to watch. This is what every away game is like for many of us UK, nay Blackburn, -based supporters.

Overseas fans watching live TV coverage for peanuts while I have to dig out an old wireless and hope Radio Lancashire aren’t covering Burnley just so I can hear it - because copyright doesn’t even allow me to listen on internet radio!

Even today I’ve had to pay as much as a match ticket to watch a League Cup game online.

Your turn to be treated like shite. Don’t worry normal service will resume soon.

I've paid and can't get the video

3 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Yesterday, I opened up my mobile App ("Blackburn Rovers") and was greeted with a message stating that a new app is available - EFL iFollow is the name of it. I haven't tried it out properly, yet, but maybe you need to upgrade?

Yes - I upgraded to this new app and it worked perfectly for me today.

1 hour ago, Preben said:

With so many championship teams not using ifollow is it worth subscribing this season?

Can only go on previous seasons (overseas subscription) but even games that featured opposition that had their own version of ifollow were shown.  Seems to be some kind of reciprocal agreement.

(For my location ) The only game so far that is showing as unavailable on ifollow is Derby Away 26th Sept, and that is due to tv broadcast.

If you go to this page on the EFL site Link and choose country / league/club  it shows you what is unavailble on ifollow

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

On 29/08/2020 at 16:01, OnePhilT said:

Yesterday, I opened up my mobile App ("Blackburn Rovers") and was greeted with a message stating that a new app is available - EFL iFollow is the name of it. I haven't tried it out properly, yet, but maybe you need to upgrade?

I've updated it. I've read that the new app doesn't allow streaming from an Apple device.

Seems unlikely, but so far I haven't been able to get it to work.

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

As the resident Luddite, I’ve never tried using this so tomorrow I’m hoping to watch the game on ifollow. Can I pay for one game or does it have to be a season ticket and can I watch it on a smart tv or does it have to be a phone/tablet

You can pay for and watch an individual game for a tenner 

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Thanks. Just paid so will a code get sent out and I just put that in on the rovers website before KO

I'm not sure on that, for the Doncaster match I logged into the Rovers website,paid for the match but couldn't find how to watch it on that so downloaded the ifollow app logged in with the same details as my Rovers account and watched the whole game no problems

• Like 1

I'm told to download the ifollow app. Tried from App Store. App is only for iPads and iPhones. I have a MacBook.

Tried the Google one. I read the reviews 95% of which called the app a complete shambles. I shan't be watching this game. I'll listen to Radio Lancs.

If they want people to spend money on these things surely they have to make them simple and efficient.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm told to download the ifollow app. Tried from App Store. App is only for iPads and iPhones. I have a MacBook.

Tried the Google one. I read the reviews 95% of which called the app a complete shambles. I shan't be watching this game. I'll listen to Radio Lancs.

If they want people to spend money on these things surely they have to make them simple and efficient.

No need for an app. Go to the rovers.co.uk webite and follow the iFollow links.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toogs said:

For future reference, you can set the commentary to home or away in the settings (cog icon bottom right). 

Thanks, I did so at half time.

Interesting that Bournemouth use the live feed from BBC Radio Solent rather than having their own commentary team. 

Imagine having Radio Lancashire and getting pre-match comments from Turf Moor...