BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

So I have a problem with ifollow that has me stumped so hoping for a little help. (by the way I'm in Australia)

I signed up and paid my full season subscription as I have done for the llast 2 seasons then sat down to watch the opening game live but all I got was a black screen with a revolving white circle accompanied with a live match text commentary and after the first half gave up and went to bed. The next day I tried to watch the replay and again al I get is a match report.

For the last 3days I've cleared the caches etc and still cant watch the replay plus I've sent numerous emails to ifollow but each time i get automated replys saying someone will contact me, but they haven't. I even used chat and was told it had been passed to the tech dept and of course they will contact me which they haven't. I even tried ringing them but the only number on their website is no good. 

I'm using google chrome on a pc which has not been a problem in the past, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

2 hours ago, jw_ said:

So I have a problem with ifollow that has me stumped so hoping for a little help. (by the way I'm in Australia)

I signed up and paid my full season subscription as I have done for the llast 2 seasons then sat down to watch the opening game live but all I got was a black screen with a revolving white circle accompanied with a live match text commentary and after the first half gave up and went to bed. The next day I tried to watch the replay and again al I get is a match report.

For the last 3days I've cleared the caches etc and still cant watch the replay plus I've sent numerous emails to ifollow but each time i get automated replys saying someone will contact me, but they haven't. I even used chat and was told it had been passed to the tech dept and of course they will contact me which they haven't. I even tried ringing them but the only number on their website is no good. 

I'm using google chrome on a pc which has not been a problem in the past, any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers

Have you checked your account on the Rovers website? I've had similar issues to the ones OnePhiLT described above, but also had a different issue with the Bournemouth game.

My credit card details were set to expire, so I updated them through the website before the subscription renewal date. Surprise surprise - that seemed to have done nothing because they still tried to take payment from my expired card details. They didn't send me any notifications that the payment had failed, I only found out after checking the 'Payment History' in my account.

I made several attempts to renew my season subscription via the website and despite saying that it was successful, the payment was not actually going through. After several attempts of purchasing both the season pass and a one-off match pass (the payments either failed or didn't appear in the payment history altogether), eventually the match pass payment went through and I was able to watch it via the iFollow app on my phone (it still wouldn't load on my PC).

It's an absolute joke really - I've sent them an email about it but as per your experience, just received automated responses from them so far. I've since managed to renew my season subscription at least but will demand a refund for the match pass I had to buy for the Bournemouth game. I've been a subscriber for 3 seasons now so really annoyed at this. The problem is you don't really have any other options to watch the games overseas and to be fair, the stream and commentary is generally quite good when it works.

4 hours ago, jw_ said:

Cheers

Have had ifollow since it began and ran into this problem a few times. Also in Au and using chrome on pc for ifollow.

Below might not be a solution to your problem so just throwing them out there.

once, it was showing as me being logged in but would not play the (subscription) content. Logging out and in a couple of times solved.

Check if you have any ad blocker or geo blocker apps running in chrome, content would not play when I had a youtube ad blocker running.

Even being located in Aus I often have a vpn running (Au location) ,  it stopped working with ifollow sometime last season.

Do you have a separate Rovers account  as well as a Rovers ifollow account ? Even though it lets you log into ifollow you can not play subscription content

Firstly thank you to OnePhilT, Miker and perthbue02 for your input

Phil, Chrome is up to date and all caches and history cleared.

Miker and Perth blue you both mentioned a Rovers account but that's interesting as I don't have one, but that's never affected ifollow matches before.

Actually to give you a better picture, if go to ifollow without signing in I can go all over the site but when I click the "watch it now" button all I get is a Match Report.

If I sign in and carry out the same procedure the same thing happens, its like I'm not signed in but with one difference being that I can see my profile and payment history etc.

As a last resort I suppose I'd better try getting a Rovers account, I know that sounds bad but theres fat chance of me buying tickets from my neck of the woods. :).

If that fails I have run out of ideas 

9 hours ago, jw_ said:

Firstly thank you to OnePhilT, Miker and perthbue02 for your input

Phil, Chrome is up to date and all caches and history cleared.

Miker and Perth blue you both mentioned a Rovers account but that's interesting as I don't have one, but that's never affected ifollow matches before.

Actually to give you a better picture, if go to ifollow without signing in I can go all over the site but when I click the "watch it now" button all I get is a Match Report.

If I sign in and carry out the same procedure the same thing happens, its like I'm not signed in but with one difference being that I can see my profile and payment history etc.

As a last resort I suppose I'd better try getting a Rovers account, I know that sounds bad but theres fat chance of me buying tickets from my neck of the woods. :).

If that fails I have run out of ideas 

Have you ever bought anything from the club shop, shirt etc? If so you will have a my Rovers account.

Back to the problem of videos, can you follow this link https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/september/highlights-newcastle-united-v-rovers/

On the video player screen, does it say sign in or register to watch? just above where it say match highlights Newcastle v Blackburn etc

If so when you press the video player screen  does the ifollow login screen then appear?

a) If it does, once you enter your log in details , and hover over your name in the top right corner does it show your name twice , one below the other? If so one of those will lead you to the my rovers account and one to your ifollow account . 

On the video player screen as the sign in or register to watch prompt been removed?

If so when you press play, what happens?

b) If it does not show the ifollow log in screen, (it maybe the case that you are experiencing the strange signed in but not really signed in thing that I encountered) try logging out from your account on the link above where it shows your subscriptions etc

Sorry if the above sounds a little stupid but trying to get a handle on where the problem lies.

As OnePhilT mentioned ,  Can you also download firefox  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/   and try to access on that, if that works means its something to do with chrome , maybe need to alter some settings.

A google search on videos not playing in chrome (ifollow but other sites with embedded videos) suggest a solution of disabling hardware acceleration in chrome, and relaunching chrome (sometimes enabling and then disabling a couple of times is needed)

Edited by perthblue02

11 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

Have you ever bought anything from the club shop, shirt etc? If so you will have a my Rovers account.

Back to the problem of videos, can you follow this link https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/september/highlights-newcastle-united-v-rovers/

On the video player screen, does it say sign in or register to watch? just above where it say match highlights Newcastle v Blackburn etc

If so when you press the video player screen  does the ifollow login screen then appear?

a) If it does, once you enter your log in details , and hover over your name in the top right corner does it show your name twice , one below the other? If so one of those will lead you to the my rovers account and one to your ifollow account . 

On the video player screen as the sign in or register to watch prompt been removed?

If so when you press play, what happens?

b) If it does not show the ifollow log in screen, (it maybe the case that you are experiencing the strange signed in but not really signed in thing that I encountered) try logging out from your account on the link above where it shows your subscriptions etc

Sorry if the above sounds a little stupid but trying to get a handle on where the problem lies.t

As OnePhilT mentioned ,  Can you also download firefox  https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/   and try to access on that, if that works means its something to do with chrome , maybe need to alter some settings.

A google search on videos not playing in chrome (ifollow but other sites with embedded videos) suggest a solution of disabling hardware acceleration in chrome, and relaunching chrome (sometimes enabling and then disabling a couple of times is needed)

The best way to answer this is as follows, my answers are in red 

Have you ever bought anything from the club shop, shirt etc? If so you will have a my Rovers account. NO

Back to the problem of videos, can you follow this link https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2020/september/highlights-newcastle-united-v-rovers/ YES

On the video player screen, does it say sign in or register to watch? just above where it say match highlights Newcastle v Blackburn etc YES

If so when you press the video player screen does the ifollow login screen then appear? YES

a) If it does, once you enter your log in details , and hover over your name in the top right corner does it show your name twice , one below the other? If so one of those will lead you to the my rovers account and one to your ifollow account . YES

On the video player screen as the sign in or register to watch prompt been removed? YES

If so when you press play, what happens? JUST A BLACK SCREEN

b) If it does not show the ifollow log in screen, (it maybe the case that you are experiencing the strange signed in but not really signed in thing that I encountered) try logging out from your account on the link above where it shows your subscriptions etc LOGGED OUT OK

I'm still looking into your other suggestions however (weirdly) if I log into ifollow  without following your link I can see the highlights perfectly in latest videos or matches, but as soon as I try to watch the "full replays" under matches all I get is a written match report and of course trying to watch a game "live" I get a black screen and text commentary. It's strange that your link brings up a different result for the highlight games but then everything is strange about this problem and I still haven't heard back from ifollow support than from a robot.

I've now found that I can watch the Highlight games  on ifollow without even logging on,

Edited by jw_
additiona info

21 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yeah probably, I’ve got lost with the regulations now. Are Sky not showing a weekly 3pm game now, even though still BCD?

No I don't think so, think that's the whole point of this ifollow thing. Sky have just kept there usual TV slots which I think is Friday night Saturday lunchtime, and selected Sunday lunchtime, Monday nights and midweek games.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Just been on to the ifollow site and spoke to someone in "chat" but got fobbed off again with "the technical team are aware of the problem" so I asked for a phone number for the technical team and was told, and I quote, "there is no phone to contact them, we are the contact point."

Then I laid out all the details of what has been happening and was told they know the replays are not working (and I assume the live games) and to download an app, which is no good to me as I'm using a PC. I then received an apology and they ended the chat session. So I've spent a week getting automated replys and now got no information from chat.

One question I have for Perth Blue02 or any other Aussie viewer is are you using a PC because if you are that puts an even worse light on the problem. 

59 minutes ago, jw_ said:

Just been on to the ifollow site and spoke to someone in "chat" but got fobbed off again with "the technical team are aware of the problem" so I asked for a phone number for the technical team and was told, and I quote, "there is no phone to contact them, we are the contact point."

Then I laid out all the details of what has been happening and was told they know the replays are not working (and I assume the live games) and to download an app, which is no good to me as I'm using a PC. I then received an apology and they ended the chat session. So I've spent a week getting automated replys and now got no information from chat.

One question I have for Perth Blue02 or any other Aussie viewer is are you using a PC because if you are that puts an even worse light on the problem. 

I normally watch it on PC, but had to watch it on my phone via the app last week due to the subscription renewal issues.

I'm seeing the same issue as you though - highlights are working fine, but full match replays are not working (the video thumbnail has a 'Register Now' button overlaid on it, and when you click it it just takes you to the Match Report).

I expect the live match should be working tonight but keep us posted if you're still having issues. 

20 minutes ago, Miker said:

I normally watch it on PC, but had to watch it on my phone via the app last week due to the subscription renewal issues.

I'm seeing the same issue as you though - highlights are working fine, but full match replays are not working (the video thumbnail has a 'Register Now' button overlaid on it, and when you click it it just takes you to the Match Report).

I expect the live match should be working tonight but keep us posted if you're still having issues. 

Thanks for that I feel a bit relieved now as I thought it was my computer. I downloaded the app to my phone and checked that at least that's working so I can see the game on that. After all the hassles I just hope it's worth it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw_ said:

Yes, for the last part of last season and this season using a oldish SFF lenova thinkcentre that is now used solely as a htpc, windows 10 and for ifollow , chrome. So not that powerfull computing or graphics wise.

Previously was using a laptop, windows 10 with a long hdmi cable.

Did you try ifollow with firefox?

Edited by perthblue02

15 hours ago, Miker said:

I am having exactly the same issues here in Asia and on my PC I have now tried it using Chrome & Firefox.

The App however works perfectly on my phone.