BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

52 minutes ago, Stuart said:

It’s no surprise any more. Of course the club will blame the EFL but there is no reason for Waggott not to take the £10 out of the money received from each ST pass holder and pay iFollow directly. Just another way to add money to the coffers.

I didn’t buy a season pass purely and simply because I don’t trust any “offer” that Waggott makes. It’s always about getting something later.

The worst thing about all this is that if the club was working with fans - existing and potential - then we would be making more money than by simply fleecing the hardcore - which is exactly what this is.

If you didn’t buy a season pass, why are you so bothered about it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Because I don’t like seeing my fellow fans taken the piss out of.

Well, I did buy one and I know I will be one of many, who won't be bothered/forget to keep the receipt.

I wonder how many of the 2,500 season ticket holders are concessions. My own deal seemed quite reasonable, but I don't think I'd have put my hand in my pocket, if it was last season, when I was paying full price. 

Clearly SW has made a mistake with the pricing structure and anyone, who did pay full price would be entitled to feel short changed. Not all will feel that way, though, and will merely make allowances for the club in the face of the EFL and the unusual circumstances.

Again, Waggott's decision making is at the expense of the hardcore. I feel as annoyed at myself in that I will buy the game anyway regardless of continued shoddy treatment which makes me a mug.

Yes, I get that there may be a portion of blame on the EFL but the club could have paid that on themselves rather than deferring a refund onto next year. 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Because I don’t like seeing my fellow fans taken the piss out of.

Thank you for your concern, but I don’t feel like I’ve had the piss taken out of me, just a slight inconvenience with a refund at a later date due to the decision of someone at the EFL. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Giant said:

Thank you for your concern, but I don’t feel like I’ve had the piss taken out of me, just a slight inconvenience with a refund at a later date due to the decision of someone at the EFL. 

I look forward to paying for your refund.

Which, by the way, you’ll be paying for as well when the prices go up to accommodate this and the “discount” you are already due. This will be paid for by increasing everyone’s tickets.

Of course when numbers drop (again) the incumbents will blame the fans having “done all they can”.

We need a new manager, a new CEO and new owners. What a club!

The prevailing opinion seems to be that this is all the fault of the evil EFL and poor Rovers are just a helpless bystander.

I am no lover of the EFL, but I think it’s highly unlikely they have sent Steve Waggot an email this morning telling him they’ve just decided today is a bank holiday in their eyes. At the very least Rovers are guilty of selling something based on assumptions without bothering to check things thoroughly.

And as for knocking a tenner off next season being the only solution. Bollocks. Just kicking the can, hoping people forget. There’s still fans who forked out for tickets to away games last season waiting for some form of recompense. That’s borderline robbery.

But of course, none of this can possibly be poor on the clubs part!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

The prevailing opinion seems to be that this is all the fault of the evil EFL and poor Rovers are just a helpless bystander.

I am no lover of the EFL, but I think it’s highly unlikely they have sent Steve Waggot an email this morning telling him they’ve just decided today is a bank holiday in their eyes. At the very least Rovers are guilty of selling something based on assumptions without bothering to check things thoroughly.

And as for knocking a tenner off next season being the only solution. Bollocks. Just kicking the can, hoping people forget. There’s still fans who forked out for tickets to away games last season waiting for some form of recompense. That’s borderline robbery.

But of course, none of this can possibly be poor on the clubs part!

Its not just Rovers fans affected by this. i believe Derby fans have been hit by the same daft decision. 

The money paid to EFL by season pass holders will go to the club anyway so Im not sure why they cant simply refund everyone? Unless they cant be doing with the hassle. 

Either way, the club is clearly in breach of contract (not that I suggest anyone taking legal action over this). Hopefully the club will offer refunds to those who request one. 

The fault purely lies with the EFL. All the clubs in the Championship have 7 midweek games this season, with one of those 7 being played tonight. All clubs were told that iFollow would include the 7 midweek games in the iFollow season pass, so all clubs playing tonight would rightfully assume that the game would be included for free, but weren't told until yesterday that it wouldn't be.

Any fan that bought a season pass for any of the clubs playing away tonight has been screwed over by the EFL. Rather than dealing with the shortchanging of the fans themselves, they've let the clubs sort it out themselves so that any anger over the issue is directed at the clubs and not them

Edited by Gumbi
  • Like 2

On 29/12/2020 at 19:05, Gumbi said:

The fault purely lies with the EFL. All the clubs in the Championship have 7 midweek games this season, with one of those 7 being played tonight. All clubs were told that iFollow would include the 7 midweek games in the iFollow season pass, so all clubs playing tonight would rightfully assume that the game would be included for free, but weren't told until yesterday that it wouldn't be.

Any fan that bought a season pass for any of the clubs playing away tonight has been screwed over by the EFL. Rather than dealing with the shortchanging of the fans themselves, they've let the clubs sort it out themselves so that any anger over the issue is directed at the clubs and not them

What did the club do in response? The EFL can’t just decide that a random Tuesday is a Bank Holiday.

Has an appeal been lodged? Has a complaint been made?

In situations like this, defending a club’s own fans publicly can go a long way.

Sadly, since he arrived it is clear that fans are the lowest priority until it comes to paying.

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

What did the club do in response? The EFL can’t just decide that a random Tuesday is a Bank Holiday.

Has an appeal been lodged? Has a complaint been made?

In situations like this, defending a club’s own fans publicly can go a long way.

Sadly, since he arrived it is clear that fans are the lowest priority until it comes to paying.

Looking at the websites of all the teams that played away on Tuesday and Wednesday, we are the only one that mentions a refund. It seem that a few other clubs never sold a season pass to start with and didn't even include one in their season tickets. The only one's that weren't affected were the teams that had their games live on Sky as those games aren't shown on iFollow in the UK.

On 31/12/2020 at 14:18, rigger said:

Is anybody going to buy the Birmingham game?

I'm tempted to do so. Even though I have a season pass, the opportunity to watch an away game without having to travel for £10 is very tempting. I don't normally attend away fixtures unless it's in Lancashire.

Does anyone know what the position is with I Follow subscriptions?

When I look at the various subscription options the 'basic' package is supposedly free and includes match highlights and behind the scenes content, but obviously not live match coverage. I've tried to access this 'free' content however no matter what i do the only videos I can watch are the basic highlights/goal videos - I can't watch any extended highlights, interviews or behind the scenes content.

It just doesn't seem to make sense. It then tries directing me to 'audio pass' which suggest you don't get video.

Anyone had similar?

34 minutes ago, bazza said:

I'm tempted to do so. Even though I have a season pass, the opportunity to watch an away game without having to travel for £10 is very tempting. I don't normally attend away fixtures unless it's in Lancashire.

Don’t buy until just before the game. There are already two games off tomorrow and it would be a pain to pay and then the game get called off.

And before anyone puts two and two tigerher and gets five I have no inside information.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

Apologies if I have missed this. I keep getting emailed about a half season pass for £70, but when I go on the Rovers website I can only see Audio season passes?

Did you really think you would get a full I-follow half season pass for £70 ?

• 1 month later...

Reading about the postponement of the National League North/South in the Sunday Times and it says Darlington in the 6th tier are selling close to a 1,000 streams of their version of ifollow each week.

Sure ours isn’t massively up on that, not sure if to be impressed by Darlo or worried about the rapidly waning interest here...

On 21/02/2021 at 09:34, Mattyblue said:

Reading about the postponement of the National League North/South in the Sunday Times and it says Darlington in the 6th tier are selling close to a 1,000 streams of their version of ifollow each week.

Sure ours isn’t massively up on that, not sure if to be impressed by Darlo or worried about the rapidly waning interest here...

It’s actually worse than the mighty Darlington of National League North...

Rovers’ revenue streams have been hit hard, they sold fewer than 900 matchday passes for the midweek defeat to Watford’

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19125162.rovers-ceo-12-months-without-fans-ifollow-figures-finances/