BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Neal Yardley has been doing Rovers commentary for years and years, didn't his dad start working with the radio station when it started or something like that.  Warren joined the media team not too long ago from down south somewhere, he's much better than the previous guy Ed.  They are fairly critical sometimes which is good as I think prior to Warren joining it was a bit too ra ra Rovers in my opinion, though obviously, they are still a bit biased but so am I.

The Yardley’s own CreaTV which has produced Rovers media output since the 90s. Was Alan, but now looks as if Neil is the main man.

Remember that boring bastard that used to the commentaries before Neil? His League Cup final effort has gone down in history...

5 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

What’s your experience with this? Was considering having a look tbh

It’s hit or miss. I use tunnel bear and tbh I wouldn’t recommend them. From memory the last time I tried it was blocked so I’ve had to resort to “different” methods. It’s a shame because I’d rather do it legitimately and see that the club maybe gets some of the money. Like I said, it’s barmy that I can’t watch it when I live on a different island.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Last season was OK for me, though. There were some different issues, such as commentary turning up a few minutes late, or commentary being out of sync, but nothing that really bothered me.

I forgot that part. That for me makes the whole thing unwatchable - kind of like someone telling you what happens before it does (even a split second makes a difference) . . and as they were 'hardcoded' together you couldn't change it.

I actually preferred those times (during the 3rd division days) when they just had the camera mic on and sometimes forgot to turn on the separate commentary box feed.

Edited by Husky

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The Yardley’s own CreaTV which has produced Rovers media output since the 90s. Was Alan, but now looks as if Neil is the main man.

Remember that boring bastard that used to the commentaries before Neil? His League Cup final effort has gone down in history...

So boring nobody seems to know his name! Hardly Mr enthusiasm.

If I recall right didn't Yardley Sr host Rovervision before Liver started doing it?

Wouldn't use iFollow even if they paid me 110 quid, customer service is horrible, it's poor quality technically, prone to outages and the big (TV) games are unavailable. It's nothing more than a glorified facebook / youtube live stream. I guess they have a phone in every stand this season though. I tried it for three games last year: one had no sound, one was a black out and the last one wouldn't accept my log on credentials. Getting a refund was like getting blood from a stone, they provided a 'pro rata' refund based on the fact I had 'watched' three games. I also had to report them to the information commissioner when I found out my credit card details had been put at risk due to their botched password reset. Initially iFollow would not delete my personal / credit card data. 

My suggestion to Rovers is to drop out of the iFollow rip-off and let BRFCS.COM provide your media coverage. iFollow is a low bar, easily surpassed. Don't waste your money.

I thought it was a very good service last year. Think the commentating could be better but the video quality is decent. I just paid each game as I wasn’t sure how many I could see, did like 43/46, so I’ll buy the pass this week on ifollow.

10 hours ago, OscarRaven said:

Wouldn't use iFollow even if they paid me 110 quid, customer service is horrible, it's poor quality technically, prone to outages and the big (TV) games are unavailable. It's nothing more than a glorified facebook / youtube live stream. I guess they have a phone in every stand this season though. I tried it for three games last year: one had no sound, one was a black out and the last one wouldn't accept my log on credentials. Getting a refund was like getting blood from a stone, they provided a 'pro rata' refund based on the fact I had 'watched' three games. I also had to report them to the information commissioner when I found out my credit card details had been put at risk due to their botched password reset. Initially iFollow would not delete my personal / credit card data. 

My suggestion to Rovers is to drop out of the iFollow rip-off and let BRFCS.COM provide your media coverage. iFollow is a low bar, easily surpassed. Don't waste your money.

I bought quite a lot of iFollow match passes last season. Picture quality invariably poor and never as good or consistent as available via other means. I will be exploring these ever-developing channels further in the season to come. All matches are there if one looks close enough.

• Like 1

On 22/07/2019 at 09:29, Husky said:

Is anyone renewing? It was pretty poor last season, in fact it actually went down in 'quality' from the first season.

They switched off camera mic (which had the crowd noise and atmosphere) in favour of the commentary from the toilet cubicle - which often included the idiots turning it on late (meaning no sound at all for large periods). Some of the picture quality seemed to dip in and out as well - ranging from Sega-Mega drive to sub HD.

I am renewing, it's my lifeline.course.the quality is nowhere near the ESPN+ coverage but it is ok for me, as opposed to the alternative, nothing.

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Has anyone who has a MacBook Pro tried logging in to follow?

You need to switch to Safari from Chrome to view it.

Thanks for reminding me to do this myself this afternoon.

Edited by philipl
  • Like 1

I gave the android app a go on a minix box today instead of laptop, much improved since the last time i tried it . The real time stats thing is very impressive if you are into that sort of thing.

Overall today apart from the delay in the commentary starting, think the ifollow thing is finally getting to where it was expected to be when it started . 

Edited by perthblue02

• 2 weeks later...