BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

Surely the commentators on this would be classified as "happy clappers" if they posted here? I like listening to them but they really can't criticize anything about the team, can they? It can get a bit much when the team aren't playing well and they try and find positives, as some are ludicrous. If a player misses a chance, it's usually "he did everything right" ,even if he clearly didn't ?

Also one of the guys LOVES reading out the teams. He must do it 3-4 times per team some games ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Surely the commentators on this would be classified as "happy clappers" if they posted here? I like listening to them but they really can't criticize anything about the team, can they? It can get a bit much when the team aren't playing well and they try and find positives, as some are ludicrous. If a player misses a chance, it's usually "he did everything right" ,even if he clearly didn't ?

Also one of the guys LOVES reading out the teams. He must do it 3-4 times per team some games ?

I would think quite a few of us view the forum at the same time as watching the game on ifollow. If things aren't going to plan the match day thread tends to make depressing reading so I'm glad that those 2 commentators try to keep positive. 

I don't understand why they get so much stick tbh. 

• Like 4

Neil Yardley is a proper Rovers man, can nobody remember the boring bastard that did commentary before him around the millennium time? 

Plus, since the Venky induced cuts has led to a scrapped RoverVision and Radio Rovers he pretty much runs the media side on his own. 

Just watch him at an Ewood match day - he does the preamble, reads out the teams etc from pitch side, then he’s up to the stand doing 1st half commentary, then back down to the pitch doing MC stuff and half time raffles, then back up doing the 2nd half, then post match interviews. 

Not sure he needs the Sussex sidekick but good luck to him.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Is tomorrow's Millwall game on ifollow. 

It's advertised on rovers website and says video match pass. Last time I paid for a match pass when a game was also on skys red button I ended up with audio only. 

Don't want to make the same mistake again. 

I got my email this evening from ifollow telling me I can buy a match pass for £10 for the Millwall game tomorrow which I can watch live which I intend to do.

Not me, it's been pretty much fine since the start of the season. The home commentary wasn't there for the first few minutes but it gave me a chance to listen to the Millwall commentary for a bit.

I'm watching on my iMac right next to the WiFi router - I know the WiFi is less good elsewhere in the house. Could it be your WiFi rather than iFollow?

• Like 1

You're right that the Luton game coverage was awful, although that was obviously just a really bad cameraman and the very low camera position. Sometimes the replays do overrun into play although I thought that was a bit better last night. A couple of times I was wanting to get back to the action only to find that a throw-in or free kick still hadn't been taken.

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Luton game coverage was appalling but I would agree that otherwise it has been fine for me too and as good as it feasibly can be, aside from showing too many replays when the ball is in play.

2 or 3 replays of the action or camera lingering on the manager while play continues really gets me screaming.

• Like 1

Anyone else had an issue today? I paid my tenner and watched the first half fine. At halftime my screen went blank, when I tried to refresh or return to 'match day' I got a box stating Access Denied and asking for subscription again.

I went on the chat function whilst listening on the radio and after about 15 minutes of them looking into it, I got a box of instructions which by the time I'd carried them all out the game would be over, so I asked for a refund. At this point I got another box with the email address.

It's probably done my blood pressure a favour as it happens, in respect of the match but that's not the point. Terrible customer service.

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

Anyone else had an issue today? I paid my tenner and watched the first half fine. At halftime my screen went blank, when I tried to refresh or return to 'match day' I got a box stating Access Denied and asking for subscription again.

I went on the chat function whilst listening on the radio and after about 15 minutes of them looking into it, I got a box of instructions which by the time I'd carried them all out the game would be over, so I asked for a refund. At this point I got another box with the email address.

It's probably done my blood pressure a favour as it happens, in respect of the match but that's not the point. Terrible customer service.

Yes, I experienced the very same. Got a message on screen at half time saying 'you don't have permission to view this content' and it asked me to subscribe again. I used the chat to get them to resolve it and was given generic instructions i.e clear cache, turn router off/on etc. I was told that they are looking into it as a number of customers have had the same issue. The stream didn't return and I had to listen to the second half on the radio. I will be emailing them for a refund.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yes, I experienced the very same. Got a message on screen at half time saying 'you don't have permission to view this content' and it asked me to subscribe again. I used the chat to get them to resolve it and was given generic instructions i.e clear cache, turn router off/on etc. I was told that they are looking into it as a number of customers have had the same issue. The stream didn't return and I had to listen to the second half on the radio. I will be emailing them for a refund.

Yeh, poor isn't it? I'll be doing likewise.

The stream was really poor quality at the start but I refreshed the screen and clicked back on the ‘watch match’ button and it seemed to clear up.

Very poor service though. The pre-match ads are so intrusive and long-winded. Neil Yardley was just setting up and it went off to an ad break for about three minutes. Then within about two minutes it went to another ad break. Very very poor service. With any competition they’d be toast.

On reading the Matchday Thread, it's evident that many people just put up with the away team commentary and have to suffer the bias as a consequence. There is a 'button' bottom right of the screen (a cog from memory), if you click on that it gives you the option of home or away team commentary. Click on away (when we're away) and you get the same 2 Rovers' commentators as we do at home.

Hope this helps with the annoyance of thinking the only option is listening to biased bollocks, as I did until my son put me right.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, darrenrover said:

One of the main reasons I wont buy a game to watch it streaming way cos I think poor quality overall and after my Blackpool game experience I wont be buying again

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

One of the main reasons I wont buy a game to watch it streaming way cos I think poor quality overall and after my Blackpool game experience I wont be buying again

To be fair chaddy, I've watched every game since the onset of the pandemic and yesterday was the first time I've really had an issue. I find the picture quality to be very good and the commentaries ok too. It was annoying yesterday though and the lack of backup/customer service only compounded the fact that I missed the whole second half.

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

To be fair chaddy, I've watched every game since the onset of the pandemic and yesterday was the first time I've really had an issue. I find the picture quality to be very good and the commentaries ok too. It was annoying yesterday though and the lack of backup/customer service only compounded the fact that I missed the whole second half.

I watched the remaining games after the resumption post lockdown. Quality was decent enough.

I havent watched any stream game this season 

Clearly some fans have had issues with iFollow but I’ve watched most games on iFollow since Lockdown 1 and barring a few hiccups such as lack of commentary, poor camera control the experience has been as expected of streaming technology. I don’t think it can be compared to Sky or BT coverage. 

Obviously not a substitute for actually being at the ground but a good second and it has allowed us to watch away games that we wouldn’t normally be able to do. 

As I've already said a couple of times iFollow has worked very well for me. The only really irritating game was at Luton where the camera angle was very low (can't do much about that) and the camera work was terrible (Luton could fix that).

Yesterday I didn't have Rovers commentary for a few minutes but the away was working fine. I tend to toggle between them a bit to get a different view - the 5/10 minutes I listened to the Millwall commentaries they were very fair.

I'll be back in the ground as soon as I can but for now iFollow is the next best thing.