BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

iFollow Thread

I've bought most games so far for a tenner each, only missed the Bounemouth, Swansea & QPR games so far.

The coverage has been alright for me so far touch wood. Yes it's a bit behind but I just mute my phone for 45 minutes, catch up with mates on my WhatsApp group at half time and then repeat for the second half. I can't understand anyone not watching it based on that.

Seeing as there isn't a great deal else to do I have quite enjoyed hooking my laptop up to the TV and settling down with a beer to watch the games. 

Hopefully only for this season though!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Is that what happened?! That’s a new one on me!

Yeh, me too. I obviously wouldn't pay it but missed the whole of the second half as a result. Zero customer service other than generic advice such as reboot your router etc or send an email.

I'll be sending an email to ask for a refund today and see what happens.

10 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Yeh, me too. I obviously wouldn't pay it but missed the whole of the second half as a result. Zero customer service other than generic advice such as reboot your router etc or send an email.

I'll be sending an email to ask for a refund today and see what happens.

Tag them (and the EFL and the club) on Twitter if you don’t get any response.

43 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I don't Twit Stu!! Facebook's bad enough! Thanks for the advice though.

Tbf I don’t much either, it’s a dark place, but it does have its uses. A lot of companies use DM on Twitter a lot more readily than email.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Out of interest, for those of us in the UK, is it possible to buy the audio only stream for matches that are video-streamed on iFollow? I have work to be doing tonight so was planning to only listen in the background, but was presented with no option other than the tenner. Shelled out for it so I can listen, but it'll be a real test of willpower not to watch!

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, philipl said:

Quality of stream second half was terrible today.

It came good for Rothwell's run and goal but froze again so didn't see the replay of it.

When ever I get the frozen picture I reload at the "next game" stage and it's generally as good as it gets.

Commentary was a bit drab today, Lewis should stick to his day job, but when ever we play I can't help but listen to the radio anyway which is 30 seconds in-front. Also means I know exactly if we're going to score 🤣 or if opposition is going to score😭 .

4 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

When ever I get the frozen picture I reload at the "next game" stage and it's generally as good as it gets.

Commentary was a bit drab today, Lewis should stick to his day job, but when ever we play I can't help but listen to the radio anyway which is 30 seconds in-front. Also means I know exactly if we're going to score 🤣 or if opposition is going to score😭 .

How very rational of you!

Whenever I get the frozen picture (and it is too often) I whinge, complain and swear about what a crock of shite ifollow is...and then, when the opposition - predictably- score from their first and only chance.......

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bazza said:

I was made to pay £10 to watch the game today yet I have a season pass. I'm not happy and I cannot find anyone to complain to.

I paid for an away night game in error not releasing it was covered on my ST - I emailed ifollow@efl.com  with my payment receipt of £10 as proof and in fairness they refunded it quickly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It was grand for me, apart from the numbing commentary 

It was terrible. 

Got plenty of time for Neil Yardley and even Warren. He’s not a natural commentator but brings passion to it. I’ve mostly disliked whenever they’ve put someone else in. Cunningham was  the notable exception. At least have someone with personality. 

3 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It was terrible. 

Got plenty of time for Neil Yardley and even Warren. He’s not a natural commentator but brings passion to it. I’ve mostly disliked whenever they’ve put someone else in. Cunningham was  the notable exception. At least have someone with personality. 

I like the two lads as well to be honest, Thompson yesterday had a very boring voice though,  reminded me of the priest out of Father Ted. Only a young lad though, so I won't be too critical. 

Warren can be gas, cos of the two, he certainly is the most likely to be critical, even though both of them clearly try and keep that in check. To a level that's frankly absurd at times. 

You could get a few interesting candidates off this message board I reckon 😂

On 27/12/2020 at 09:10, Mattyblue said:

I paid for an away night game in error not releasing it was covered on my ST - I emailed ifollow@efl.com  with my payment receipt of £10 as proof and in fairness they refunded it quickly.

Thanks Mattyblue. I emailed them today, got a lovely sympathetic response, and got the refund. Great stuff!

• Like 2

Be interested to see what happens if a season 'pass' holder rejects this and the 'offer' of £10 off next season and seeks a refund of their season ticket due to breach of contract after Rovers sold tickets on the basis of Huddersfield away being free.

Expect Rovers would come out with some claptrap about the 'EFL' making the decision but where I come from Rovers have sold a product and are now backtracking on that at the 11th hour. 

Waggott will be putting tickets up by a lot more than £10 next season with the lure of returning fans so Rovers will be profiting from this. Any refund will be comfortably made up in due course through price increases and they've one less fixture included in the package this season.

Stinks to high heaven.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Be interested to see what happens if a season 'pass' holder rejects this and the 'offer' of £10 off next season and seeks a refund of their season ticket due to breach of contract after Rovers sold tickets on the basis of Huddersfield away being free.

Expect Rovers would come out with some claptrap about the 'EFL' making the decision but where I come from Rovers have sold a product and are now backtracking on that at the 11th hour. 

Waggott will be putting tickets up by a lot more than £10 next season with the lure of returning fans so Rovers will be profiting from this. Any refund will be comfortably made up in due course through price increases and they've one less fixture included in the package this season.

Stinks to high heaven.

It’s no surprise any more. Of course the club will blame the EFL but there is no reason for Waggott not to take the £10 out of the money received from each ST pass holder and pay iFollow directly. Just another way to add money to the coffers.

I didn’t buy a season pass purely and simply because I don’t trust any “offer” that Waggott makes. It’s always about getting something later.

The worst thing about all this is that if the club was working with fans - existing and potential - then we would be making more money than by simply fleecing the hardcore - which is exactly what this is.

• Like 3

• Backroom

I think the EFL are at fault here but I also think the club should honour what they sold to the fans and provide free, no strings access to the game tonight for those that paid up.

I don’t have a season ticket so that’s not a self serving opinion either