BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] EDL (No, not them. Eating, Drinking & Listening To)

So, to steal an popular thread from another forum (no, not that one). 

What are you eating, what are you drinking and what are you listening to?

I probably should have started this some other time so I could have gone with Froi Gras and Champers while listening to Mozart's 5th.

But after a crappy morning, it's bacon and sausage sandwich for a greasy roadside caravan, with a big mug strong tea whilst listening to the 90s sounds of forgotten London rapper Derek B.

What are you eating, drinking, listening to? 

I've recently got a fancy coffee machine and can officially make some of the best caramel latte's in the land. I would embarrass Starbucks. So its coffee or flavoured water only at the moment. 

I'm still into avocado. Plus Sainsbury's are selling 'pulled chicken' (not sure if this is even a thing?) which I want to put on every meal. Paprika crisp are also up there.

Eating leftover from last night's tea - cold breast of Aldi's 'Hunter' Chicken, (grim)

Drinking a cup of coffee (wired)

Listening to The Chills -  New Zealand purveyors of indie jangle pop (sublime). Specifically the song 'Heavenly Pop Hit' which is in this article https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/24/the-chills-martin-phillipps-comeback from a compilation of the same name from the mid-90's. (sublime)

• Moderation Lead

Started DJing again a couple of months ago, so predictably listening to loads of music constantly- over the last week I've re-visited Frank Ocean and ATCQ's most recent albums, they're still great.

A notable mention for Foals, Friendly Fires and Action Bronson also.

Eating, same old really- good meats, sweet potato etc. Drinking tons of water. (I am fun sometimes!)

Eating chilli con carne (Cayenne pepper all the way) with a side salad.

Drinking peach juice.

Listening to The Divine Comedy.

Years ago I married a girl who couldn't cook, but she, being a scientist, worked it out.

She chooses the food, I work out what wine to go with it.

All to the audio backdrop of my spotify 1960ish music. (lots of Dylan, Stones, Beatles, The Who, Jimi, The Hollies, Searchers, Animals etc)

22 minutes ago, Glenn said:

There is far more water and far less alcohol going on in here than I anticipated 

I should like to mention my Cardhu is supplemented with at least 2 litres of water per day!!!!!

Drinking a mug of Yorkshire tea, and eating some McVitie's Chocolate digestives.  When you're 4600 miles from home, and as much as there is some excellent food here - simple (and hard to get) home comforts are to be treasured!  Oh and listening to Sampha, who I saw support The XX in Dallas last night - both of whom were excellent.

Archived