BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Job losses

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone else on here I think said they'd been laid off when usually they still come in and do a major clean up ?

If so who's doing the clean up Mike, Paul & Mr many names ?  They should do, with a toothbrush each preferably !

I was going to start a topic on this myself.

My question is: why would relegation lead to a lot of job losses?

If you are running a football club to turn out in 46 league games, what staff are not needed if you are in the league below?

I know that revenue will fall, but why would you need half the number of cleaners that you did previously? My point is that the club should already be streamlined to the best possible effeciency. If it isn't then Cheston and Co aren't doing their job properly.

I'd like to see a breakdown of the 1/3 of staff that could potentially lose their jobs and ask why they are needed now if the club can function without them in the league below. 

Those who should lose their jobs and could potentially save us a lot of cash will be those who hold onto their jobs at the expense of those who do a decent job of work and cost relatively little.  Cheston should be first to go as he is the man who is supposed to keep expenses balanced.  The decisions made since he came in have been abysmal and he tries to justify them.  Cleaners are essential.  Overpaid finance guys aren't.

Just now, roverstdt said:

Adam Henley is on 15k a week!!!!! What the hell!

Not for much longer, as his deal ends this summer and he might be replacing one of the cleaners, if he wants to prolong his stay at Ewood.

2 hours ago, Jock said:

Any truth that the cleaners have been potted? Other talk of late payments to suppliers.

Disgusting if both for both counts,

The freebies and loan players will be skipping back to their clubs and others will soon be putting themselves in the shop window but its the staff on the front line that suffer.

yet some fans will say that they still go week in week out and buy ST to support these workers ie ignoring the predicament put in by our owners.

TBH Ewood area (business wise) has suffered since our drop from the PL...wont be long before every little drop is squeezed from BRFC and everyone that is affected by it.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, just rumours. More than likely untrue. 

Have you proof that NONE of the cleaners have been potted and suppliers been paid.

Even if its true or not Id be more surprised if it wasnt true...

Like everything else at the club the facilities will suffer from a lack of investment and neglect. Beyond the essential requirements such as pitch maintenance and new advertising boards I'd like to know how much money has been invested into Ewood Park or Brockhall since these conmen turned up. Just wandering around the place on a matchday and the signs of underinvestment and disregard are there. Grime on the façades of the stands, letters falling off.

When the people owning the club have no pride, no interest and no self respect then it is inevitable that the facilities will end up matching that. It will of course take longer than the damage done to the staff and playing squads, but make no mistake it will come. They never bother turning up to see the place so why would they care if it ends up like a pig sty?

At the moment the only thing keeping the place in respectable condition is the work of people who have some pride in what they do, but there's only so much they can do and if the club start cutting into that then it will go downhill. 

As far as I can see we've had 3 new tv gantries stuck on the Riverside for no reason other than to make the ground look nicer on TV on the rare occasions they bother to watch us. Anything else? Possibly a few lighting rigs for the grass. The pitch gets resurfaced every summer but that is something done at all grounds at this level and is the minimum expectation.

Again, agreeing to pay for more grass seed and paying the water and electric bills isn't investment. They are basic essentials yet it appears even they need authorisation from India leading to delays in getting work done.

Its another indication of the mad house we live in that they were quite happy to dish out a 2 year deal to Anthony Stokes worth probably £1.5-2 million and yet they think sacking off some cleaning staff is going to turn this mess around.

16 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Adam Henley is on 15k a week!!!!! What the hell!

Could be a reason he's never fit !!!!!

Although I did hear years ago he was on 5k per week which sounds more plausible but you never know what's written in to that contract. He's never be worth more than 2 or 3 grand a week at best though.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Have you proof that NONE of the cleaners have been potted and suppliers been paid.

Even if its true or not Id be more surprised if it wasnt true...

No, I don't have proof, but I am not the one claiming they have been sacked. It all just sounds  a bit made up "ooh look they have sacked the cleaners boo hiss"

Would the club really have no cleaners? Seriously, think about it. 

No, I don't have proof, but I am not the one claiming they have been sacked. It all just sounds  a bit made up "ooh look they have sacked the cleaners boo hiss"

They've had no Chairman, no Board, no clue and no desire to do anything for the betterment of Blackburn Rovers for 7 years so I'd suggest laying off some poor cleaners is eminently possible.

I worked for a high street major bookmaker as Assistant Manager and in 1 year they got rid of all the cleaners and then hired contractors in, that lasted about 6months then they made us do shop tidies and supplied us with cleaning products and marrigolds. Needless to say majority of these shops now are sess pits.

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, just rumours. More than likely untrue. 

There was a rumour at the beginning of the season we'd get relegated through lack of investment & not appointing a decent manager. Pay no heed to those pesky rumours.

As somebody who knows one of those let go, I would ask you to stop with your baseless posts which you do time and time again.

It has happened. In the scheme of things it will likely save them a few thousand. Scandalous.

I've seen somebody post on Facebook that it was true as they were one of the cleaners effected. Her profile was easily accessible so it seems an odd thing to stick your neck out to lie about.

All of the evidence points in a particular direction but still people say "prove it". Then it happens and they say "hindsight".

What I don't understand is why? Rome is burning but you dismiss the smoke as burning toast because you haven't yet seen the devastation. 

Archived