BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venkys out

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I get how you must be feeling this evening, I'm just not quite sure why there is an underlying sense of animosity in your replies to my posts. 

I don't really know what you've done to date so can't really comment on what you have or haven't done.

As for what I think needs to happen;

- There needs to a united and co-ordinated fan group, not disparate groups with different voices etc

- The above needs ideally to be a supports trust with paid membership to raise some funds and led by a small team of suitable people

- Engage with any high profile fans, MP's and local business leaders to get their support and involvement

- Link with similar fans groups from clubs like Leyton Orient or Charlton, help each other and use your collective strength to pressure the FA into action about owners like the Venky's

- Coordinate fan demonstrations through the trust

- Prepare for administration as I'd say it's highly likely and through the trust try and find people with the ability and finance to take the club forward

As I said, I don't know what you've done to date but these are some of the things I'd want us to do in your position. They are also some of the things some Villa fans put into action when we were being sold down the river by our absentee moronic owner.

I just genuinely wish your all the best of luck in getting shot of the Venky's and getting your club back.

Unfortunately Trent I think it is just fans have run out of patience after 7 years. I wouldn't take the post personally, unfortunately it comes part of the parcel the good and the bad times, except I don't think anyone would have ever imagined it would have become quite as bad as this. Thank you for your posts though it has been refreshing to see new faces and new people encouraging us on. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roverstdt said:

Unfortunately Trent I think it is just fans have run out of patience after 7 years. I wouldn't take the post personally, unfortunately it comes part of the parcel the good and the bad times, except I don't think anyone would have ever imagined it would have become quite as bad as this. Thank you for your posts though it has been refreshing to see new faces and new people encouraging us on. 

I think a lot of football fans wish you well, I know a lot of Villa fans do.

I'm surprised not to see loads of folk wondering around in some sort of dizziness in the town centre, as well as elsewhere, as we congregate in the general malaise of going around in circles.

Some go to games, some don't, in increasing numbers. Next year will be excruciating. I hope there isn't one fan in whatever guise, who doesn't want shut of the vermin. 

I have no idea how to rid us of them.

I will go back when the rat catcher has rid us of them.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I get how you must be feeling this evening, I'm just not quite sure why there is an underlying sense of animosity in your replies to my posts. 

I don't really know what you've done to date so can't really comment on what you have or haven't done.

As for what I think needs to happen;

- There needs to a united and co-ordinated fan group, not disparate groups with different voices etc

- The above needs ideally to be a supports trust with paid membership to raise some funds and led by a small team of suitable people

- Engage with any high profile fans, MP's and local business leaders to get their support and involvement

- Link with similar fans groups from clubs like Leyton Orient or Charlton, help each other and use your collective strength to pressure the FA into action about owners like the Venky's

- Coordinate fan demonstrations through the trust

- Prepare for administration as I'd say it's highly likely and through the trust try and find people with the ability and finance to take the club forward

As I said, I don't know what you've done to date but these are some of the things I'd want us to do in your position. They are also some of the things some Villa fans put into action when we were being sold down the river by our absentee moronic owner.

I just genuinely wish your all the best of luck in getting shot of the Venky's and getting your club back.

If only it was that simple to get a group together, Trent. 

Sorry if I sound aggressive. I'm not really. I just don't think you can compare our situation to yours. Fans have engaged with local MPS etc. We've even had questions in parliament. Our owners aren't just absentees, who want to sell.  They cling onto us with a determination it's hard to credit and meanwhile wilfully destroy all that was good about our club. There is no unity amongst our fans, nor can there be while so many still think we need the owners to keep funding us. Some people on here and around the club have tried most if not all of what you suggest. Our owners ignore every overture made to them and seem to go out of their way to antagonise fans. If I sound aggressive it's because I'm just so frustrated that there appears to be so little we can do to rid ourselves of the plague that infests our club. I feel powerless and I hate that. I know you're trying to show sympathy and I'm grateful for that but just at the moment it's hard to take. You don't know the half of what Rovers fans have been through, and there is currently no light at the end of our tunnel

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Rumours:

Are there currently any rumours going around about Venkys selling? 

I cant imagine any party interested in buying a club in the 3rd tier with zero to none saleable assets and a highly frustrated diminishing fan base tbh

not to mention the millions of debt!

Just now, Heinz said:

I cant imagine any party interested in buying a club in the 3rd tier with zero to none saleable assets and a highly frustrated diminishing fan base tbh

Not to mention £100 million debt to sort out!

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I didn't say it was.

Anyway, think I'll bow out. Best of luck for the summer/next season.

It wasn't a dig. His point being that the supporter base is so fractured that, whilst trying for a long while, we have been unable to bring everyone under one 'umbrella group'.  

It's a running topic on here.

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

It wasn't a dig. His point being that the supporter base is so fractured that, whilst trying for a long while, we have been unable to bring everyone under one 'umbrella group'.  

It's a running topic on here.

Nearest we have is the WMC group. All invited, do come along! I also hope renewed interest in the Rovers Trust will be forthcoming.

6 hours ago, Baz said:

Leyton Orient, is this our Fate? 

Absolutely heartbreaking. Actually brought a tear to my eye at the end.

The EFL and the rest of the authorities should hang their heads in shame. They are complicit in supporting owners who bring the game into disrepute.

We are on our own.

45 minutes ago, preston blue said:

I see that Venkys now have a European HQ in London at:

Venkys Group House, 703 High Rd, London N12 0BT

The above sounds like the ideal place for a demonstration.

Or il check the address out this week

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

Close to Barnet I see, interesting......

1 hour ago, preston blue said:

Just a registered address for a few companies including this one

http://www.securewais.com/contact-us.aspx

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@51.6120998,-0.1756599,3a,36.1y,272.15h,95.66t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDWjtE1swNb_HvqwXcx67kQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Is Venkys Out actually keeping Venyks In?

As I’m struggling to take in the devastating events of the weekend and reading all the Rovers related media out there at the minute, the thought struck me, are we inadvertently helping Venkys? Whenever they do something mind-bogglingly stupid, or take the cheap option, another stone is chipped away at our club’s foundations. This in turn stokes the ire and frustration of the fans and the desire to protest and try and get our story out to a wider audience increases. The normal reasoning would be more negative publicity will potentially force them out. But, what if one of the reasons they are sticking around and clinging on to us is exactly that – publicity and more importantly, advertising. You cannot tell the story of our fall without using the words Venkys. Even if followed by “Out”. Just look at this weekend, we have been pretty much center stage in English football news and every story is about how Venkys have ruined us.

Whilst the original plan was no doubt (at lest in part) having their name attached to a Premier League club to advertise the core business, maybe they have realised that any publicity is good publicity. With every piece of absurd decision making that provokes the fans to protest, we get the news out in newspapers, on television, on radio, on websites and forums like here, Facebook and Twitter. All using the Venkys brand name. They were trending worldwide during one Twitter campaign, Google searches for Venkys would be through the roof and sports fans across the world will have read their brand name on Sky and the BBC websites alone. That is worldwide advertising that they could only have dreamed of 10 years ago and they barely had to spend a penny of their own money to get it! In the end, what is cheaper for them? Spend millions on global advertising to spread brand awareness, or hire a manager with a track record of failure like Owen Coyle, stoke the frustrations of the fans, let them protest and spread the Venkys name and better yet, make them pay for it all with their own money through mortgaging the ticket revenue and let them raise protest funds and donations!  I myself have been driving around the North West with their brand name splashed across the back of my car for months now. Albeit with the words “Out” after it, but the effect is still the same.

Perhaps they aren’t the foolish idiots we think they are, because using the method of “all publicity is good publicity” to the maximum and using us to do it, is diabolically genius advertising and brand marketing and may well be the reason they continue to cling on despite everything. Look at the correlation between our decline, the more widespread VenkysOut message and the VHL share price. They’re coining it in on the back of our misery and anger, all because we were once Premier League champions,which makes us newsworthy enough to get their name advertised in articles and news stories for a couple of weeks at a time, for free, but not a big enough name worldwide for anything of note to be done about it, like if we were a Liverpool or Man Utd.

What is worth more to them, 100m debt, or continued global exposure of their brand name, without having to lift a finger? To illustrate my point, so far I have used the words Venkys nearly a dozen times in trying to explain how we’re inadvertently getting the Venkys brand name out there..

The only suggestion I can think of to try and combat them using the VenkysOut message to their own ends is to change the message. Instead of Venkys Out, perhaps in future social media campaigns and other media interviews / articles, it should change to Raos Out! Make it personal. And stop inadvertently giving those @#/?’s company the publicity they so desire!

In a meeting with Newsham yrs ago we was told that the yellow and black colours  used for the Kean Out protests really hit hard as for some reason they didnt lie those colour or it was offensive  colours and that all the protests and all the drama will just make the venkys more stubborn and dig their heels in even more.

But as a fan base the only thing left was to turn up the heat on them.

Archived