[Archived] Blackburn Squad 2017/18

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'd have him as my captain his work rate is phenomenal 

He could be a massive player for us in that league  

22 minutes ago, frosty said:

From what I remember (don't have the game open atm), Mulgrew is our top earner on £14k p/w on there, Lowe and Graham on £12k. Akpan £7k. That's all I can remember, will have another look later. 

Yeh Graham on £12k

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

l have seen listings of all Rovers players but from a few years ago and those named are well gone apart from one or two.

More recently it's reported that the average Championship player earnings are £4,059 a week (£211,068 a year). If Rovers are as reported 9th in the wage league then not a bad figure to start at.

https://www.quora.com/How-do-footballers-get-paid-Do-they-get-their-weekly-wage-even-when-there-is-no-league-match-during-that-week

Just see another saying it's average over 300k

Average for Championship CLUB is 5k per player 

I think that it's over a 25 man squad and the mean average is brought down by players in reserves

.....though obviously not Stokes

Just now, AAK said:

Players wages.

image.png

The article in The Sun about Steele being lined up to be sold, stated his wages were £6k per week, whereas this table says £8k. Neither sources are necessary correct, but I think it's a useful guide. £17k for Lowe though. Wow.

Remember what you are looking at there is the basic wage. A lot of the players will have bonuses to top that up.

Source: I Was the Rovers data editor when Venkys took over, that was hard work back then, I feel sorry for whoever does it now!

Just now, Hasta said:

You've got Lowe in centre of midfield. Seriously when will managers learn FFS :P

Haha it was just auto select I just created a new season just to get he wages on. However he is pretty decent on FM lol!

Just now, cmb211087 said:

Remember what you are looking at there is the basic wage. A lot of the players will have bonuses to top that up.

Source: I Was the Rovers data editor when Venkys took over, that was hard work back then, I feel sorry for whoever does it now!

Yeh was thinking that's probably basic pal.

47 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

The article in The Sun about Steele being lined up to be sold, stated his wages were £6k per week, whereas this table says £8k. Neither sources are necessary correct, but I think it's a useful guide. £17k for Lowe though. Wow.

Wouldn't be at all surprised given the timing of his new contract, and relationship with the then manager.

Ideally next season's team would look something like this:

Raya

Lenihan Ward Mulgrew

Nyambe New Guthrie Williams

New                   Bennett

A fit Graham

Maybe sign a new right wing back instead of Nyambe and a left wing back instead of Williams and use him as a utility player. Should be enough to go back up.

With regard to Mahoney I imagine he'll almost certainly be off following relegation and given the fiasco with our 'negotiations' with him.

I found out last Saturday he gets his hair cut at the same place I do and that whilst he was there in January he actually turned down the offer from Barnsley whilst waiting in the shop. The man that cuts my hair also said he was angry at how he'd been treated by Coyle, specifically how he'd been in the first team squad and was only getting thrown on for a couple of minutes as sub as he couldn't affect a game properly. He also said he turned down the Barnsley move as he wanted to fight for a place in the first team and do anything he could to improve the team and that it was gutting for him to see what was happening as he is a fan.

On the plus side since then (and since Mowbray took charge) he said he hadn't complained about his position at the club.

Just galling that he'll be going somewhere he doesn't necessarily want to go because we have been contemptible in the way we have dealt with him, and are letting another player who actually cares about the club leave because of wages when if they actually kept him he could continue his development and actually make the owners a fairly large profit in the future (if and when they decide to sell him).

Ideally you have to keep the most of players who are contracted here next season here at the club.

I would get rid of Stokes, Feeney and Steele during the summer.

Only renewed Guthrie Contract.

But we need a recruitment plan in place asap and Mowbray needs to stay on as Manager or Head coach

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ideally you have to keep the most of players who are contracted here next season here at the club.

I would get rid of Stokes, Feeney and Steele during the summer.

Only renewed Guthrie Contract.

But we need a recruitment plan in place asap and Mowbray needs to stay on as Manager or Head coach

Ideally we need to sign proven goal scorers and a combative midfielder.

Unfortunately we live in Venkyland and there's no money.

If the contacted players like Graham and Mulgrew can find a club they will be released on 'undisclosed' fees to save the embarrassment of saying we let them go on a free.

On a lighter note, I wonder how many of the  players from July onwards in the Rovers calendar will be gone by the time their month comes along?

Just now, Torgeir said:

Corry Evans needs to go, he won't last five games in L1 I'm afraid.

On the same argument Id tag in Mahoney. He ducked out of a lot of challenges this season, showing fear of getting hurt. The cut-throat thugs of League 1 will chop him down and cobble him up. Shame really, I loved how he gets the entire Blackburn end out of their seat when he attacked the goal.

Just now, Hasta said:

Ideally we need to sign proven goal scorers and a combative midfielder.

Unfortunately we live in Venkyland and there's no money.

If the contacted players like Graham and Mulgrew can find a club they will be released on 'undisclosed' fees to save the embarrassment of saying we let them go on a free.

On a lighter note, I wonder how many of the  players from July onwards in the Rovers calendar will be gone by the time their month comes along?

Can Venkys put money into the club through share capital and then Rovers used it for wages and fees? just asking a question as I'm unsure of the rules on this

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Can Venkys put money into the club through share capital and then Rovers used it for wages and fees? just asking a question as I'm unsure of the rules on this

No as i understand has to be "Donated" i.e just money pumped in. CAPITAL

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

On the same argument Id tag in Mahoney. He ducked out of a lot of challenges this season, showing fear of getting hurt. The cut-throat thugs of League 1 will chop him down and cobble him up. Shame really, I loved how he gets the entire Blackburn end out of their seat when he attacked the goal.

Must be a strange feeling being out of contract and in a position where getting hurt could affect your chances of getting hurt. I was always taught there was more chance of injury if you didn't commit to a tackle mind.

Although, that not really his game, he should be able to rely on the midfield making those sorts of challenges. Others should hang their heads in shame on that front before a nippy winger.

I think we are now at a level where Chris Brown might be worth re-signing. 

Or maybe give it another season.

This (realistic) eleven would get us up under Mowbray.

Raya

Nyambe Ward Lenihan Williams

Feeney Tomlinson Akpan Conway

Stokes Graham  

I think Mulgrew, Evans, Mahoney, Steele (please God) and Guthrie will be off, and, if I am honest, from my selected eleven I am worried we could lose Nyambe, Lenihan, Stokes and Graham.

Archived