[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From James Wilkinson

Mark Venus has been at Brockhall all week

Could be a sign that Mowbray is staying

Is Venus coming in as Number 2 to Mowbray or has director of football?

Must mean he's staying then, unless he's waiting to speak to Venky's before appointing him proper?

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Mowbray took Venus to Coventry in 2015 to run recruitment and scouting. He left Coventry end March 2015. 

Could Mowbray have outed Senior?

WTFNs;)

Summat ta reed:

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-coventry-citys-mark-venus-12803663

Seems strange that Mowbray outted senior as Mowbray  was seniors man. 

You would hope the Mowbray has spoken to India in some capacity. I did read today from LT that Mowbray had spoken to to the out of contract players in what capacity I don't know but I hope tomorrow there's story saying Mowbray is staying 

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Seems strange that Mowbray outted senior as Mowbray  was seniors man. 

You would hope the Mowbray has spoken to India in some capacity. I did read today from LT that Mowbray had spoken to to the out of contract players in what capacity I don't know but I hope tomorrow there's story saying Mowbray is staying 

Venus left Coventry March 2017. I had a typo before.

Yes it would be a bit odd if TM was involved in PS going. More to do with the cost and actual need for PS in L1 I think.

Senior did look very down in the dumps on tv straight after the Brentford game finished. Maybe he knew already and his fate was result dependant.

Venus, out if work, may have just popped into Brockhall for a cuppa with his old mate TM while he waits on Pune.

We should know soon 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Venus left Coventry March 2017. I had a typo before.

Yes it would be a bit odd if TM was involved in PS going. More to do with the cost and actual need for PS in L1 I think.

Senior did look very down in the dumps on tv straight after the Brentford game finished. Maybe he knew already and his fate was result dependant.

Venus, out if work, may have just popped into Brockhall for a cuppa with his old mate TM while he waits on Pune.

We should know soon

I met senior at the villa game and he was very positive struck me as someone who had a plan regardless of what happened. Spoke very well and seemed to be enjoying his job.

I'd say your right once we were relegated that was the end of senior definitely stipulated in his contract. 

Listened to the interview withas nixon and battersly. Nixon said they needed to have a go a proper go. I wonder is this the first step. 

They have surely saw what happened to Bolton and are on the verge of winding up.

I met senior at the villa game and he was very positive struck me as someone who had a plan regardless of what happened. Spoke very well and seemed to be enjoying his job.

I'd say your right once we were relegated that was the end of senior definitely stipulated in his contract. 

Listened to the interview withas nixon and battersly. Nixon said they needed to have a go a proper go. I wonder is this the first step. 

They have surely saw what happened to Bolton and are on the verge of winding up.

I was just thinking that with Senior gone TM has got on to Venus very quickly to put a plan together to show to the Raos of what they can do together (TM+Venus) in L1.TM knows Venus well and maybe Venus is not too expensive.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I was just thinking that with Senior gone TM has got on to Venus very quickly to put a plan together to show to the Raos of what they can do together (TM+Venus) in L1.TM knows Venus well and maybe Venus is not too expensive.

Yeah makes sense now that you say it Mowbray probably recognises he needs a football man to work with cheston and Pasha who can get things done quickly. Exactly not too expensive was senior out of work or did he join direct from Wednesday 

Yeah makes sense now that you say it Mowbray probably recognises he needs a football man to work with cheston and Pasha who can get things done quickly. Exactly not too expensive was senior out of work or did he join direct from Wednesday 

He had left Wednesday so 'between jobs'

Hopefully this is a positive move. Whether it means Venus is coming in as Mowbray's conventional assistant and Lowe is going back to the academy or that Venus is coming in more to fill Senior's shoes as he was doing at Cov remains to be seen.

Interesting reading Coventry's fans views on Venus - not many got anything positive to say about him and his time as a director there where they had catastrophic transfer windows recently. Perhaps it would be better if he stuck to assisting Mowbray on the training ground.

Alternatively he's just been there to catch up on old times as Mowbray is his best mate and Venus has been out of work for the last month so now the season has finished they have been mulling things over.

Either way with Venkys still in control its hard, actually impossible, to get excited about any appointments because we've seen so many others swiftly turn to disaster. By August Mowbray will be worn down and at his wits end.

Just now, JHRover said:

Hopefully this is a positive move. Whether it means Venus is coming in as Mowbray's conventional assistant and Lowe is going back to the academy or that Venus is coming in more to fill Senior's shoes as he was doing at Cov remains to be seen.

Interesting reading Coventry's fans views on Venus - not many got anything positive to say about him and his time as a director there where they had catastrophic transfer windows recently. Perhaps it would be better if he stuck to assisting Mowbray on the training ground.

Alternatively he's just been there to catch up on old times as Mowbray is his best mate and Venus has been out of work for the last month so now the season has finished they have been mulling things over.

Either way with Venkys still in control its hard, actually impossible, to get excited about any appointments because we've seen so many others swiftly turn to disaster. By August Mowbray will be worn down and at his wits end.

Tbf I remember Malky Mackay after he left wigan joining in Lambert's coaching sessions at Brockhall.

Archived