BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

57 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I was just thinking that with Senior gone TM has got on to Venus very quickly to put a plan together to show to the Raos of what they can do together (TM+Venus) in L1.TM knows Venus well and maybe Venus is not too expensive.

That's a great deducement. And gives me hope.

Until I remember :the Raos seldom communicate.

Here's hoping TM can unveil his masterplan by Skyping them in their hollowed out volcano.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, A cup of beans said:

That's a great deducement. And gives me hope.

Until I remember :the Raos seldom communicate.

Here's hoping TM can unveil his masterplan by Skyping them in their hollowed out volcano.

I was thinking TM has over a year to run on his Rovers contract so if he can broker this a good reason to stay and not add another walk out to his CV.

But it's the Raos and he might not get past the armed raod blocks ;)

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I thought we were finding out what was happening with TM by the end of the week?

The Rao family have other concerns at the moment.

If anyone thinks they will invest in players at Rovers or will be supporting ToMo then you are living in la la land.

The game is over when it comes to the V's investing in Rovers.

We are in the mire.  If anyone thinks differently then I suggest you see a shrink.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I thought we were finding out what was happening with TM by the end of the week?

Exactly. 

Ive tweeted Andy Bayes and Rich Sharpe twice and no response from either  

Nixon has some Rovers related news in tomoz paper but wont say what subject on

Just now, preston blue said:

The Rao family have other concerns at the moment.

If anyone thinks they will invest in players at Rovers or will be supporting ToMo then you are living in la la land.

The game is over when it comes to the V's investing in Rovers.

We are in the mire.  If anyone thinks differently then I suggest you see a shrink.

You are a little angry PB. T'was tongue in cheek.

Would be more than happy to see Tony stay here for next season... Unfortunately we're not a normal run club. Haven't a scooby who will be in charge at the start but if you're a betting man then us dropping straight through the trap door looks on the cards. 

46 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Mowbray is as good as gone. The only way he would stick around is if Venkys open the communications and with the Tax Raid they'll be entirely focussed elsewhere for months. Im sure Mowbray will resign in the next couple of weeks.

he still hasn't come out committing his future to the club has he?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly nothing said publicly

Mark Venus being at Brockhall all week is a good sign but a public statement from Mowbray would give me confidence that he is staying

I saw the Venus stuff and it could be but on the other hand i remember Malky Mackay assisting Lambert with training at Brockhall a year ago.

Wasn't it Senior who took claim for pairing Dunn and Lowe together as TM's existing asst manager and coach?

You would leave and try and get a job at a proper club. TM must have realised by now that this club is a joke and doesn't deserve to have decent people working for it.  I like TM and think he's done a decent job so far but if he stays on you have got to question his judgement.

The brutal fact is that they're isn't a manager out there who could turn this club around while Venky's are here. 

I think this tax raid is very significant. We'll be a basket case come August. 

I doubt that they'll be here in eighteen months. I should think that nine years of Venky's is enough suffering for anyone

I expect right now Mowbray will be trying to get answers and communication from the owners. He'll probably give them a couple of weeks at most and then throw in the towel. It probably depends on how much he wants to be here and get us back up and how much after Coventry that he can't put himself through this rubbish any more and will be looking for alternative employment.

Any normal club in our position would have already dealt with the managerial situation by now. It is essential to start planning for the summer and lining up new players, not to mention putting fans minds at ease and encouraging people to buy season tickets, but in the world of BRFC 2017 it is more important to fill the website up with academy/community/ladies news and interviews than real, critically important progress on the 1st team.

I said after the Brentford game I expected him to be gone before next season. Other than the reports of his mate Venus being at Brockhall I've seen nothing to convince me otherwise. 

And then lets remember that even if he gets this meeting and assurances from the owners, getting those in May and reaching August with them being delivered are two very different things.

1 hour ago, broadsword said:

The brutal fact is that they're isn't a manager out there who could turn this club around while Venky's are here. 

I think this tax raid is very significant. We'll be a basket case come August. 

I doubt that they'll be here in eighteen months. I should think that nine years of Venky's is enough suffering for anyone

I agree that the implications of the tax raid will be serious for Rovers.

The shame is that if it goes to court in India it will take years to resolve.

In 18 months time we may be struggling to field a team in League 2 real name the Fouth Division.

I think I will live to see Rovers play York City in  league match before I see us on an upward trajectory.

No crticisim at all is intended here to York City who I personally like.

Personally, I think we'll go bust. 

Certainly if tony is waiting for assurances from India about money for transfers, he's in for some wait! 

It's fourth division calling for sure. You can cut costs by binning people but they can't bin the stadium or the training ground. That's whats eventually going to do for them. Trying  to run  that in the fourth tier

6 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

In 18 months time we may be struggling to field a team in League 2 real name the Fouth Division.

I think I will live to see Rovers play York City in  league match before I see us on an upward trajectory.

I already have.  

10 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me too. I always look for their results. My cousin is a loyal fan.

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And me, I seem to remember them in a hideous kit.

Archived