BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mowbary talking @#/?. Build what team around what players? They have probably 1 or 2 players too good for this level. The rest are league 1 and 2. Rovers arent going to be getting promoted, sooner we accept that the better

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Good post and I agree with all of it. 

The players must be wondering what the heck is going on too. All this uncertainty and delays is so damaging, but also so predictable. 

I was wondering that last week, but then I wondered whether right now, they are on holiday during their off-season break, and are blissfully unaware what (if at all) is actually going on around them, perhaps with the odd update from an agent if an offer comes in.

Just now, Leyland-Rover said:

I was wondering that last week, but then I wondered whether right now, they are on holiday during their off-season break, and are blissfully unaware what (if at all) is actually going on around them, perhaps with the odd update from an agent if an offer comes in.

Yes they don't really have to worry yet do they? And the agents of any who actually aren't too bad will easily find them another club.

Said it so many times over the years but why don't they have a telepresence or video conference facility at Ewood?  Would save so much hassle.  Maybe KPMG or Deloittes will recommend it for their final verdict.

12 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Said it so many times over the years but why don't they have a telepresence or video conference facility at Ewood?  Would save so much hassle.  Maybe KPMG or Deloittes will recommend it for their final verdict.

Judging by the pictures of venkys HQ back in India, they are probably still on dial up Internet 

I just hope this isn't another Lambert soap opera. That was the final nail for many fans. Mowbray could get us out of that league, but his future has to be sorted ASAP, meaning the re-building can begin. It'll be another relegation if we have another 2016 summer though. Just imagine if someone twice as bad as Coyle turns up too...

Just now, scotchrover said:

I just hope this isn't another Lambert soap opera. That was the final nail for many fans. Mowbray could get us out of that league, but his future has to be sorted ASAP, meaning the re-building can begin. It'll be another relegation if we have another 2016 summer though. Just imagine if someone twice as bad as Coyle turns up too...

With the two firms of accountants in for a four week period, nothing on the rebuilding front will happen for some considerable time. Depending upon what they find, it may well just be a fire sale instead.

24 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

With the two firms of accountants in for a four week period, nothing on the rebuilding front will happen for some considerable time. Depending upon what they find, it may well just be a fire sale instead.

Time is at a standstill at the minute.

But until the accounting process is complete I can't see Mowbray confirming he is staying, let alone any incoming transfer business (aka rebuilding), or any other news.

I expect agents will be trying to get in contact with people at the club to move their clients on but the Raos will work to their own timescales irrespective of the damage it does. Even if it forces Mowbray to walk.

Hoping upon hope that these auditors are trying to build a case for Rovers' sale as a going concern. More likely that we'll simply see more downsizing as we carry on struggling.

They treat this club like a normal functioning business but football is like no other industry. If you stop investing in it, if you stop reinvesting in the playing staff, if you make efficiency savings (i.e. cutbacks) then your supermarket giant becomes a corner shop. But you can't run a corner shop in a supermarket footprint. Closing stands is the least of our worries. Next season we are likely to be able to fit our entire crowd into the JW stand. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

What's this 'Head Coach' nonsense?? We are a Third Division outfit,  with no money, crippling debts, hardly any players on contract, absent owners, no management infrastructure on the non-playing side, no strategy, no operational plan and no c;lear prospects for sorting ANY of the above serious problems.

FFS we don't need a 'Head Coach' - we need a 'Head Case' to come in as 'MANAGER'

Anything else is window dressing and tokenism to placate the justifiably irate major stakeholders (us fans).

Venkys? Backward stawt!

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

He already has a contract.  It is whether he walks or not due to the lack of interest / investment / engagement/ support by the 'owners'.

Joke of an article! No substance whatsoever in that. The journalists who work there should be ashamed of themselves. 

The LT appears to me like a little village newspaper in Ireland. Completely inane articles with care taken not to insult anyone or hurt their feelings. All of which leads to stuff that should come out, being buried. 

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The LT are STILL using quotes form nearly two week ago to fill pages.

and that tells you all you need to know. The place is in lock down, no fresh quotes or news, while the Accountants carry out due diligence the run of the mill, planned way in advance, all is normal, audit.

(BTW I have no idea if this is DD, a precursor to admin, or just a full blown "audit". If I was guessing I'd say DD is most probable, then admin and then an audit on steroids. But - it's a guess).

No substance and it appears no progress. 10 days after relegation confirmed and when Mowbray made it clear he wanted things sorting out and he's still sat waiting for an audience with madam. How long does it take to book a flight to Mumbai?

They're continuing to play games with this clubs future and I'm sick of it. We should be well underway with organising pre-season, coaching staff and lining up transfer targets and yet we still don't know if/when Mowbray will speak to Venkys, what the outcome of those discussions will be or whether it will be enough to keep him.

If there's any truth they're considering offering him a new longer contract despite having never even met the bloke it sums these people up. I'm not saying I wouldn't appreciate some stability moving forward but how can they even contemplate offering him an extended deal on the back of a relegation when they have never even met him and don't know what his demands will be.

It hurts so much but once again this summer I'm going to be sorely tempted to put a considerable amount of money on another relegation. If they can't even be bothered to speak to their own manager who they claim to like then how on earth are we going to get a team together for next season that can compete?

Just now, JHRover said:

No substance and it appears no progress. 10 days after relegation confirmed and when Mowbray made it clear he wanted things sorting out and he's still sat waiting for an audience with madam. How long does it take to book a flight to Mumbai?

They're continuing to play games with this clubs future and I'm sick of it. We should be well underway with organising pre-season, coaching staff and lining up transfer targets and yet we still don't know if/when Mowbray will speak to Venkys, what the outcome of those discussions will be or whether it will be enough to keep him.

If there's any truth they're considering offering him a new longer contract despite having never even met the bloke it sums these people up. I'm not saying I wouldn't appreciate some stability moving forward but how can they even contemplate offering him an extended deal on the back of a relegation when they have never even met him and don't know what his demands will be.

It hurts so much but once again this summer I'm going to be sorely tempted to put a considerable amount of money on another relegation. If they can't even be bothered to speak to their own manager who they claim to like then how on earth are we going to get a team together for next season that can compete?

The article says they "could" offer him a new contract. I would love to know who their source for this vague piece of information is. 

Archived