BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

Rumour off a non Rovers supporting friend that Mowbray is set to leave. Anyone heard anything?

Would any if us actually be surprised, I think most of us will be shocked if he stays.

It's been 2 working weeks now since Brentford and as of yesterday Mowbray was still sat waiting to hear if or when he will be able to go and see the owners. It was clear after Brentford with his comments that he wanted answers and action quickly to prepare, yet already 2 weeks have gone by with next to nothing happening. Even if he gets permission to go to India next week, we can safely say that it will be at least another week from now before he's seen them, had his discussions and knows what they are prepared to do. That's 3 weeks gone. Then if he doesn't like what he hears or doesn't get the assurances he will resign, and then it will be 4 weeks before Chestnut and Suhail start to look at new managers.

Meanwhile Bury have signed 4 new players, and a host of other clubs have today announced pre-season fixtures and training camps.

Just now, JHRover said:

It's been 2 working weeks now since Brentford and as of yesterday Mowbray was still sat waiting to hear if or when he will be able to go and see the owners. It was clear after Brentford with his comments that he wanted answers and action quickly to prepare, yet already 2 weeks have gone by with next to nothing happening. Even if he gets permission to go to India next week, we can safely say that it will be at least another week from now before he's seen them, had his discussions and knows what they are prepared to do. That's 3 weeks gone. Then if he doesn't like what he hears or doesn't get the assurances he will resign, and then it will be 4 weeks before Chestnut and Suhail start to look at new managers.

Meanwhile Bury have signed 4 new players, and a host of other clubs have today announced pre-season fixtures and training camps.

It's the same every summer and is what creates all the speculation. It will be the same every summer until we get rid of them.

Just now, JHRover said:

We should have been straight on it the minute relegation was confirmed. These delays are damaging, unhelpful and unprofessional. To be expected of course with this lot in charge, but zeepers it irritates.

I will be amazed if Mowbray stays.

Just now, JHRover said:

Yeah it's all very quiet at the moment nothing really coming out of the club nobody has said anything or explained what's intended or even tried to fob us off with some bullshit. Other than releasing the retained list there hasn't been a sound

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cairney and the Fulham players are posting instagram pictures of their pre season diet and training schedules. Now that is professionalism. 

They're not a patch on our boys. Stokesy will be posting videos of his latest sh@g, while Graham will be posting pictures of his latest belly busting buffet.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

I'd like him to stay, though I'd understand why he may want to run away screaming. My Coventry supporting friend would find our desire to see him stay strange, but he's not had his team managed by Kean or Coyle. 

Coventry are a bigger basket case than here arguably, so I'm sure they have their own problems :) 

Cov had had some good managers, but the problems are all about SISU, and the stadium situation. We had crap owners AND crap managers which has accelerated our decline. We do however have a stadium and Brockhall, though if Mark Venus has been hanging around, the latter may be in trouble!

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/one_possible_explanation_for_mark_venus_at_the_ryton_parish_council_meeting_896295/index.shtml

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-plans-unveiled-76-11989164

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Cov had had some good managers, but the problems are all about SISU, and the stadium situation. We had crap owners AND crap managers which has accelerated our decline. We do however have a stadium and Brockhall, though if Mark Venus has been hanging around, the latter may be in trouble!

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/one_possible_explanation_for_mark_venus_at_the_ryton_parish_council_meeting_896295/index.shtml

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-plans-unveiled-76-11989164

Doesn't sound as if we want venus anywhere Near the club 

And Otium Entertainment which is mentioned in the first link, is more or less SISU. It was probably some ruse to keep hold of the club when Cov City was in administration and the Ricoh stadium was up for grabs. There was an American and a Chinese bid for the club at that time, so SISU had to move quickly to shut them out.

Then Wasps came along and blew their plans out the water.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It all comes down to the simple fact that they know nothing about football

And are stupid enough NOT to employ people who know everything about football.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Keith Hill just signed a FIVE year contract at Rochdale.  Well if Mowbray does go that's one name that won't be in the frame. 

Keith Hill wouldn't touch Venky's with a double length barge pole.

All the talk about whether Mowbray will stay or not just brings me down. Would I be happy if he stays for next season? Yes. Would I put money on it? Not a chance. Wish we were just a normal club, I despise them shysters. Just want my Rovers back.

11 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

Rumour off a non Rovers supporting friend that Mowbray is set to leave. Anyone heard anything?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he left but it will p*** me off that Venkys have f****d up yet again.

They will never, ever learn.

Archived