BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It's the same every summer and is what creates all the speculation. It will be the same every summer until we get rid of them.

And like last season we will lose our early matches until the squad settles down and gets to know each other's game.

By that point we could be adrift as happened under Coyle.(plus the manager was an idiot which made things worse and could be again)

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Keith Hill wanted the Rovers job last summer

Keith Hill wanted the Rovers job last summer - when we were a championship side with two international centre halves worth £6mill a piece.

Now we are a league one side with a 14 man squad, some kids from the youth team and no money.

13 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Cairney and the Fulham players are posting instagram pictures of their pre season diet and training schedules. Now that is professionalism. 

Meanwhile Rovers players receive a Dunkin Donuts home delivery menu and for pre season training a map to Corporation Park plus tips on how to avoid muggers when jogging there.

I doubt that the Raos even know that TM wants to meet with them. Who the hell is going to phone them up and tell them that TM, a mere employee and not even an Indian, demands a meeting now! Nobody!

TM will never meet with them. He will be lucky to get even a phone call from them.

I hope TM has feelers out in the job market because sticking around at Ewood is backing a loser.

10 hours ago, Hasta said:

Keith Hill wanted the Rovers job last summer - when we were a championship side with two international centre halves worth £6mill a piece.

Now we are a league one side with a 14 man squad, some kids from the youth team and no money.

He's just signed a five year deal, I'd imagine we won't be entertaining thoughts of paying compensation.

Mowbray I thought did well, still relegated so I don't understand the new offering of a further contract, should get 10 games and return at least 7/8 wins from it or hit the road.

Mistake we've previously made and it's relevant to our fans in particular following seven years of ineptness is there is no real expectation or pressure applied on the team and staff.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

He's just signed a five year deal, I'd imagine we won't be entertaining thoughts of paying compensation.

Mowbray I thought did well, still relegated so I don't understand the new offering of a further contract, should get 10 games and return at least 7/8 wins from it or hit the road.

Mistake we've previously made and it's relevant to our fans in particular following seven years of ineptness is there is no real expectation or pressure applied on the team and staff.

Rochdale had heard Wigan wanted Hill apparently. So they moved decisively. If he does go they'll be well compensated. Another rumour on their board - they've bid £650,000 for a Charlton striker ! And we can't afford to pay the cleaners.

59 minutes ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Apparently Venkys have the accountants in so they can draw up a detailed 5 year financial plan to get back to the PL. They are intent on giving it a right good go to clear their name and recover the debt.

Vote Miller as we need these clowns out now !

I can't take another 5 hours of these Venky gobshytes never mind 5 years....

PLEASE GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Meanwhile Rovers players receive a Dunkin Donuts home delivery menu and for pre season training a map to Corporation Park plus tips on how to avoid muggers when jogging there.

I doubt that the Raos even know that TM wants to meet with them. Who the hell is going to phone them up and tell them that TM, a mere employee and not even an Indian, demands a meeting now! Nobody!

TM will never meet with them. He will be lucky to get even a phone call from them.

I hope TM has feelers out in the job market because sticking around at Ewood is backing a loser.

I'll be there to give them some, erm, encouragement.  Daily shuttle runs up the 60 steps and Danny Graham might not be a fat @#/? by season start.

Ps easy to avoid muggers on Corpy.  Buy a dog (preferably, big) and the majority of the locals will keep well out your way haha (I know this as a nearby resident with the cutest dog in the world that still manages to send some running).

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

very good news that Mowbray is going to India.

lets hope he gets the backing he wants and can make changes to the coaching staff and signings he wants

Sounds like you're still looking forward to the restructuring Chaddy.

Just now, den said:

Sounds like you're still looking forward to the restructuring Chaddy.

I'm looking forward to Mowbray putting his own stamp on the team and playing his way.

We don't know what the budget will be next season. But I did outline players we could sign and keep the baulk of the squad together. Tho I would get rid of Stokes and Steele. Plus some players do have relegation wage drop clauses in their contracts.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good news that Mowbray is going to India.

lets hope he gets the backing he wants and can make changes to the coaching staff and signings he wants

Well it isn't good news because it means they're staying.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm looking forward to Mowbray putting his own stamp on the team and playing his way.

We don't know what the budget will be next season. But I did outline players we could sign and keep the baulk of the squad together. Tho I would get rid of Stokes and Steele. Plus some players do have relegation wage drop clauses in their contracts.

Serious question Chaddy.

Lasr years budget on transfers was about minus £15million, we have no players left to sell and will have significantly less money  coming in from tv rights and tickets.

Lambert resigned because they wouldn't spend any money.

Our DOF in charge of recruitement has myseriously quit.

Another previous employee in Alan Myers is liking and retweeting posts saying the club won't recover until the owners leave.

Why do you believe we could possibly have a budget to spend?

Just now, Hasta said:

Serious question Chaddy.

Lasr years budget on transfers was about minus £15million, we have no players left to sell and will have significantly less money  coming in from tv rights and tickets.

Lambert resigned because they wouldn't spend any money.

Our DOF in charge of recruitement has myseriously quit.

Another previous employee in Alan Myers is liking and retweeting posts saying the club won't recover until the owners leave.

Why do you believe we could possibly have a budget to spend?

They did spend nothing on transfers, but we did have the 9th highest wage budget in the championship. 

Archived