BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

Just now, Hasta said:

Serious question Chaddy.

Lasr years budget on transfers was about minus £15million, we have no players left to sell and will have significantly less money  coming in from tv rights and tickets.

Lambert resigned because they wouldn't spend any money.

Our DOF in charge of recruitement has myseriously quit.

Another previous employee in Alan Myers is liking and retweeting posts saying the club won't recover until the owners leave.

Why do you believe we could possibly have a budget to spend?

Because chaddy lives in venkyworld where the birds sing, it rains chocolate coins and when a skunk farts, it farts rainbow dust

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

They did spend nothing on transfers, but we did have the 9th highest wage budget in the championship. 

And even with the players we have left, it's still probably one of the highest in league one. Another reason why the budget will be negative.

Just now, Hasta said:

Serious question Chaddy.

Lasr years budget on transfers was about minus £15million, we have no players left to sell and will have significantly less money  coming in from tv rights and tickets.

Lambert resigned because they wouldn't spend any money.

Our DOF in charge of recruitement has myseriously quit.

Another previous employee in Alan Myers is liking and retweeting posts saying the club won't recover until the owners leave.

Why do you believe we could possibly have a budget to spend?

What day is today?

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very good news that Mowbray is going to India.

lets hope he gets the backing he wants and can make changes to the coaching staff and signings he wants

How many times have we been here before?

The Raos will tell Mowbray, (a manager who left his previous club at the bottom of League One, let's not forget), exactly what he wants to hear.

Once he gets back to England, it will be radio silence, and the cycle of decline will continue.

Keep an eye on the first League Two manager to be sacked next season.

He will probably end up here.

Just now, Hasta said:

And even with the players we have left, it's still probably one of the highest in league one. Another reason why the budget will be negative.

But still one of, if not the highest budgets in league 1 I would imagine. We should be competitive provided Mowbray stays 

You asked chaddy will we have a budget to spend. Yes, the highest wage budget in league 1. So that answers your question :)

Ahh, sorry I thought you were making a serious point rather than just being a pedantic Kean.

If a 14 man squad is already the highest wage budget in league 1, what chance Tony getting 'the budget he wants' for bringing in the other 10 players required.

Just now, Hasta said:

Ahh, sorry I thought you were making a serious point rather than just being a pedantic Kean.

If a 14 man squad is already the highest wage budget in league 1, what chance Tony getting 'the budget he wants' for bringing in the other 10 players required.

The players who left will free up wages, no? 

I don't know if our current 14 man squad makes up the highest wage budget in league 1.

We didn't have the ninth highest wage budget? 

Nope, we did by end of June 2016 which included 7 months of Rhodes etc. But that was the 2015/16 year, senior used the accounts figure published Financial year end 30th June.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Nope, we did by end of June 2016 which included 7 months of Rhodes etc. But that was the 2015/16 year, senior used the accounts figure published Financial year end 30th June.

OK, so we don't know for last season so? 

I saw the ninth stat used on here on numerous occasions. 

Besides, even if we had have had the 9th highest wage bill,  it relied on £15mill of sales. Without those sales to cover it, I doubt TM will be told he can carry on running at anywhere near that wage level (which was obviously my original point)

1 hour ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Tony will return with fluffy words 

agreed if he sells a few to cut the wages he can have the money to spend...

venky light goes amber 

we sell players and speculation starts about incomings prompting a few to get excited and buy tickets 

venky light goes red

nothing happens

money vanishes

Tony walks

season starts

Dunny steps in to save us

please don't be surprised folks

And the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Besides, even if we had have had the 9th highest wage bill,  it relied on £15mill of sales. Without those sales to cover it, I doubt TM will be told he can carry on running at anywhere near that wage level (which was obviously my original point)

We will still have a competitive wage budget at this level is my point. 

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We will still have a competitive wage budget at this level is my point. 

Only because we are contracted to pay it. If they could cut it, they would.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm looking forward to Mowbray putting his own stamp on the team and playing his way.

We don't know what the budget will be next season. But I did outline players we could sign and keep the baulk of the squad together. Tho I would get rid of Stokes and Steele. Plus some players do have relegation wage drop clauses in their contracts.

How can anyone look forward to anything to do with rovers right now is completely beyond me. 

We can't even afford to keep the cleaners on. Tiny won't be able to put his stamp on the team BECAUSE THERE IS NO MONEY. 

It's all bad news, we're going to get relegated again. Mowbray will be walking. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, we've had it 

Good news that he can be bothered meeting the loons. At least he hasn't just jacked straight away. I like Mowbray and if he was our manager from two weeks before we were appointed, I think we would have been safe.  

22 hours ago, Hasta said:

yes, we spent nothing on transfers BECAUSE we had the 9th highest wages bill in the Championship.

Even worse, we sold good players so we could pay these relatively high wages.

Even worse that that, we got relegated anyway. :blink:

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

yes, we spent nothing on transfers BECAUSE we had the 9th highest wages bill in the Championship.

Like a cheesy advert on television isn't.........sounds better in a Yank accent 

Are you a crap never has been Soccer player?

Do you make rubbish players look great?

Do you like Doughnuts and would you like to get paid thousands of pounds a week for looking like one?

If you answered yes to all 3 of those question then we have the perfect fit for you, get yourself down to Ewood Park, Blackburn for our recruitment day, run by Mike Cheston.

23 minutes ago, 47er said:

Our squad wasn't a good squad but, equally, it wasn't a squad that should have been relegated. Bristol and Burton both had worse teams than us but both had managers that could get a performance out of their players. Under Coyle we was always going to be a sinking ship. Eventually Cheston will have to be made to take responsibility for that decision - if it was actually his in the first place.

Ultimately though all responsibility ends with the Rao family. No manager in the world can work successfully with the constraints put upon them by the owners. I do think we may have a good season in League 1 and ultimately may get promoted but that is only because we are now a big fish in a small pond. However, another few years of being a yoyo club in and out of the Championship and all that will change.

Any owner of a business that has seen such a drastic reduction in value, quality and attractiveness as the Raos have oversaw at Blackburn would be forced out by its shareholders. This is why the FA has to introduce a compulsory fan shareholder stake like in Germany. We are all shareholders in this club and we are ultimately more important than the Rao family but, as the current rules and regulations stand, are powerless to rid our own club of them. It's wrong.

Archived