BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does any other manager in England need to travel half way across  the world to meet the owners of the club? 

No, but it's the only way he will be able to make a decision as to his future. A face to face meeting will always be better than a telephone call and Venkys  appear incapable of  using skype. I am hopeful that his down to earth approach will persuade them to change their stance. If he fails,then he will walk..

1 hour ago, pentelrobot said:

No, but it's the only way he will be able to make a decision as to his future. A face to face meeting will always be better than a telephone call and Venkys  appear incapable of  using skype. I am hopeful that his down to earth approach will persuade them to change their stance. If he fails,then he will walk..

He will be typing his resignation on the flight home.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does any other manager in England need to travel half way across  the world to meet the owners of the club? 

As has been said no but it has always been a bit of a farce with these lot. Does feel me with a bit of optimism that he is going to stay. Think we have half a chance next season with Mowbray in charge.

If Venkys cared then one of them would have flown into London before the Brentford game, sat in the directors box and watched relegation unfold, at least look like they cared, stay for another day to sit down with Mowbray and Chestnut to discuss the way forward, give them answers, do their own statement to the fans preferably on TV/radio to prove it was them, then scuttle off back to India. A lot of problems dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Instead they've kept everyone guessing and waiting for 2 weeks. A very important 2 weeks in which rival clubs have begun laying the foundations for next season whilst our manager has no idea in terms of budgets, freedom, plans etc.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He probably opted to go to India, all those duty free items are the only perk of his job.

I hope Balaji does not ask ToMo to blow blow on his boobies.

Just now, JHRover said:

If Venkys cared then one of them would have flown into London before the Brentford game, sat in the directors box and watched relegation unfold, at least look like they cared, stay for another day to sit down with Mowbray and Chestnut to discuss the way forward, give them answers, do their own statement to the fans preferably on TV/radio to prove it was them, then scuttle off back to India. A lot of problems dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Instead they've kept everyone guessing and waiting for 2 weeks. A very important 2 weeks in which rival clubs have begun laying the foundations for next season whilst our manager has no idea in terms of budgets, freedom, plans etc.

Unfortunately it was always going to be like this. Ever since they have been here the only one to get a tune out of them was Bowyer, I'm excluding that c*** Kean. I'm still hoping for something positive from the accounts, glass half full! 

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Pulis is off to China to met their owner and plans for next season. Just been said on match of the day

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pulis is off to China to met their owner and plans for next season. Just been said on match of the day

Well then that's a joke. If you have any real interest in the club then you should be there to see to the day to day running of it. Too many pound signs and egos these days. It's killing the game...

4 hours ago, Tony Rover said:

Well then that's a joke. If you have any real interest in the club then you should be there to see to the day to day running of it. Too many pound signs and egos these days. It's killing the game...

I have no real problem with Club officials including the manager making an occassional visit to the owners home country to absorb some of their culture which must lead to a better mutual understanding. This being conditional upon the owners being regular attendees at the Club.

I am sure that a very successful Chinese businessman can do Skype or similar for mundane Club matters.

The problems arise with self serving wannabe royalty like the Raos who need a personal meeting to sanction the purchase of bog rolls and do sincerely believe that all outside of their family clan are inferiors. They have not a single ounce of respect for the history of Rovers or the Town. Care about the effects of their actions on others simply does not exist for them.

This is a major factor as to why their ownership of Rovers was doomed to failure from day one.

Nothing wrong with a manager heading off abroad at the end of a season to China/India/USA/Timbuktu to have a few days getting to know the owners, assessing the season just gone and putting in place foundations for next season.

The difference with a West Brom situation is that they have John Williams and Martin Goodman on the ground at the Hawthorns running the show and advising the owner, so even if he doesn't bother coming to many games he's got two vastly experienced administrators doing work for him. We've got Mike Cheston and nobody else.

The other difference with West Brom is that this is likely to be a one off productive meeting to deal with last season and the plan for the next 12 months. Pulis hasn't had to sit around for weeks on end waiting to find out if he'll even get an audience. Venkys seriously seem to expect their manager to fly out to India during a season and only by doing that will he get answers or action.

I accept that it is a positive that Mowbray has gone to India, insofar as he has achieved something that Coyle and Lambert never got and the only way money ever arrives is if he manages to get an audience with the people out there, and whatever the outcome we should know in the next few days rather than it dragging out much longer.

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

Nothing wrong with a manager heading off abroad at the end of a season to China/India/USA/Timbuktu to have a few days getting to know the owners, assessing the season just gone and putting in place foundations for next season.

The difference with a West Brom situation is that they have John Williams and Martin Goodman on the ground at the Hawthorns running the show and advising the owner, so even if he doesn't bother coming to many games he's got two vastly experienced administrators doing work for him. We've got Mike Cheston and nobody else.

The other difference with West Brom is that this is likely to be a one off productive meeting to deal with last season and the plan for the next 12 months. Pulis hasn't had to sit around for weeks on end waiting to find out if he'll even get an audience. Venkys seriously seem to expect their manager to fly out to India during a season and only by doing that will he get answers or action.

I accept that it is a positive that Mowbray has gone to India, insofar as he has achieved something that Coyle and Lambert never got and the only way money ever arrives is if he manages to get an audience with the people out there, and whatever the outcome we should know in the next few days rather than it dragging out much longer.

We've got Mike Cheston and nobody else. 

Where is Pasha, anybody seen him?  No thought not.  Could be a new game for kids to take over from where is Wally?

11 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I have no real problem with Club officials including the manager making an occassional visit to the owners home country to absorb some of their culture which must lead to a better mutual understanding. This being conditional upon the owners being regular attendees at the Club.

I am sure that a very successful Chinese businessman can do Skype or similar for mundane Club matters.

The problems arise with self serving wannabe royalty like the Raos who need a personal meeting to sanction the purchase of bog rolls and do sincerely believe that all outside of their family clan are inferiors. They have not a single ounce of respect for the history of Rovers or the Town. Care about the effects of their actions on others simply does not exist for them.

This is a major factor as to why their ownership of Rovers was doomed to failure from day one.

Said in that context there's not anything I could disagree with.  

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Not if Mowbray doesnt want them to stay

You just can't help but disagree with me.

He has no idea what Venkys are going to say and might have wanted to make an offer to Akpan, for example.

You should always give yourself options. Although I think you know this which is why you carefully word your posts to give yourself plenty of wiggle room later.

It was merely an observation chadster, and if Venkys had any kind of clue, or even cared just a little they would have been speaking with Mowbray before any decisions on players had been made.

29 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Your point being?

That it isn't final... players on it can still be offered a contract... just because it says someone hasn't been offered a new one doesn't mean they have to be released. I'm sure Mowbray will have told those that he wants to keep that he'll offer them a contract if he's got a decent enough budget.

Just now, Stuart said:

He has no idea what Venkys are going to say 

It was merely an observation chadster, and if Venkys had any kind of clue, or even cared just a little they would have been speaking with Mowbray before any decisions on players had been made.

This 200 percent, he liked Lowe personally and I'm sure Guthrie too. I feel sorry for tony, guy oozes football and just a geniuine footballing nice guy, had the pleasure of his company twice now and both times he's been bang on.

They need to listen to this bloke, the only appointment bar Gaz who actually I think has the club at heart or no.1

Just now, RV Blue said:

That it isn't final... players on it can still be offered a contract... just because it says someone hasn't been offered a new one doesn't mean they have to be released. I'm sure Mowbray will have told those that he wants to keep that he'll offer them a contract if he's got a decent enough budget.

Yeah, not sure real life works like that.

You are dealing with human beings.They've been told they are surplus to requirements. To then be told "oh yeah we do want you really" isn't going to seem that sincere.

Just now, Stuart said:

Yeah, not sure real life works like that.

You are dealing with human beings.They've been told they are surplus to requirements. To then be told "oh yeah we do want you really" isn't going to seem that sincere.

How do you know what they've been told? It doesn't say anywhere on the list that they won't be offered new terms, it just says they haven't been offered new terms.

Just now, RV Blue said:

How do you know what they've been told? It doesn't say anywhere on the list that they won't be offered new terms, it just says they haven't been offered new terms.

On the website it says they've not been retained, Henley and Lowe on instapage and the LET issuing goodbyes.

image.thumb.png.8dd50bf2ec779f17bc43d111d7715e8a.png

Archived