SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News - Mowbray Will Decide His Future After Talks

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-8 at 15:46, Gav said:

JH as always hits the nail on the head.

TM has done a terrific job in his short time here, to get those players to take Coyles mess to the last game of the season was nothing short of remarkable, all credit to the guy.

But in reality him staying or going is another irrelevance, because most of us know this club can't move forward until the owners sod off, simple as that. 

I can't be the only one getting tired of this whole "irrelevance" tosh. Whilst we are all unanimous in our opinions on Venky's the man that is in charge of the day to day running of the playing/coaching staff isn't an irrelevance. As shown by Owen Coyle's tenure we can be in a hell of a lot worse of a situation with the wrong man. Make another appointment like that and we could be playing in League 2 next season and then it really is a long way back. It is vital we keep hold of TM or, if he does go, the decision made is the right. I don't have much confidence in the latter though now that we are back to Cheston & co in charge.

A decent manager is relevant, but in the bigger picture, most decent managers won't tolerate the situation at Ewood for long. Therefore, whilst holding onto Mowbray is important, we all know it's a temporary fix and the chief issue is a change of ownership for the better.. irrelevance is not the right word, I agree, but it's not the focus of our attention. 

• Backroom

Managerial changes are akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Things might look nicer for a while but the ship is still sinking. Now that we're in League 1 I think Mowbray is realistically the best we can hope for. Surely even the likes of Keith Hill wouldn't touch this mess with a ten foot pole. 

Just now, DE. said:

Managerial changes are akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Things might look nicer for a while but the ship is still sinking. Now that we're in League 1 I think Mowbray is realistically the best we can hope for. Surely even the likes of Keith Hill wouldn't touch this mess with a ten foot pole. 

Hill is a pretty arrogant guy with bags of confidence in his own ability. If he fancied the job he'd give it his best shot.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hill is a pretty arrogant guy with bags of confidence in his own ability. If he fancied the job he'd give it his best shot.

There's being arrogant/confident and then there's being stupid. Taking this job would definitely fall into the latter category imo.

Just now, DE. said:

There's being arrogant/confident and then there's being stupid. Taking this job would definitely fall into the latter category imo.

I agree, especially given he's as near to being unsackable as any manager can be at Rochdale. He's a strange character though and he knows he has to re-build his team every year as it's only by selling his best players regularly that Rochdale can survive.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree, especially given he's as near to being unsackable as any manager can be at Rochdale. He's a strange character though and he knows he has to re-build his team every year as it's only by selling his best players regularly that Rochdale can survive.

EDIT - Technical issues. Somehow posted on the wrong "topic".

On 08/05/2017 at 15:35, lraC said:

If Dunn had anything about him, he would come out, tell the fans the bits that we haven't yet uncovered and resign, stating he is sick of the corruption at the club.

He'll be waiting in the wings for his chance and it'll come at some point in the near future. They'll ignore Mowbray all summer until bulk of STs sold then fail to let him do what he wants so he'll walk and Dunn will have to step in for pre season then it'll be 'give him a chance' ...... '10 games'.......'till Christmas' !

It's coming I'mconvinced.d

Cheaper is betta....

Just now, tomphil said:

He'll be waiting in the wings for his chance and it'll come at some point in the near future. They'll ignore Mowbray all summer until bulk of STs sold then fail to let him do what he wants so he'll walk and Dunn will have to step in for pre season then it'll be 'give him a chance' ...... '10 games'.......'till Christmas' !

Venky's and the reptiles are so easy to read now...

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Venky's and the reptiles are so easy to read now...

After the barrel scrapping, two fingers to fans last summer it really is anything goes with this lot now and actually in the end they might have no option this time sadly.

Just now, tomphil said:

You've only got to look at the promotional video they did for the season ticket sales that Dunny is their prized asset. He featured more heavily than anyone.

I might be the only one but I think its somewhat strange to try and flog season tickets on the back of an ex-player who is now first team coach rather than the current players, current manager or ambition of the club in general. Obviously they can't really do anything about the players or manager because the chances are neither will be here in August.

People like Cheston really are so clueless that he probably thinks that if Dunn is appointed manager then crowds will rocket.

I've nothing against him at all, but I can see it as another disaster waiting to happen.

34 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Get real FFS!!

Exactly and you are spot on with that. Kean was there when he said that and it hit me at the time, how important the fans are, even to players of this stature.

Just now, JHRover said:

You've only got to look at the promotional video they did for the season ticket sales that Dunny is their prized asset. He featured more heavily than anyone.

I might be the only one but I think its somewhat strange to try and flog season tickets on the back of an ex-player who is now first team coach rather than the current players, current manager or ambition of the club in general. Obviously they can't really do anything about the players or manager because the chances are neither will be here in August.

People like Cheston really are so clueless that he probably thinks that if Dunn is appointed manager then crowds will rocket.

I've nothing against him at all, but I can see it as another disaster waiting to happen.

Some of us suspect it's been plan B all along if Mowbray didn't work out for whatever reason.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I suspect he'd be right, too. Our fans can be a forgiving bunch, which is normally a blessing rather than the current curse.

Archived