BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Kamy100 said:

Clearest indication yet that there is no money left at Rovers. If Venky's/Rovers had money then likes of Senior don't walkaway.

Administration must be imminent, surely? No money to pay anyone and nothing to sell to generate funds.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Left cos he doesnt want to work in the 3rd division would be my thought. 

Or the owners decide to make Mowbray manager and let him do it his way?

Or more likely he came in on false promises of having power and a budget to work with, has spent 4 months talking to a brick wall, wanted Coyle gone in January but had to wait until late Feb to get approval from India, now has a relegation on his CV and knows that things are going to get a whole lot worse.

Like Lambert and Myers before him I think he probably had good intentions on arrival, but after a period in there on the ground he's realised that the crooks in India are liars and conmen, and their business 'model' will guarantee further failure for this club.

Left because he doesn't want to work in the 3rd division ? What an odd statement he isn't a player or manager and it isn't going to effect his rep as he didn't have one.

What was he doing before Rovers ? Nowt and that's what he's likely to be doing after. Wonder if his Mrs has got a few new potential clients lined up though .......

• Backroom
Just now, JHRover said:

Or more likely he came in on false promises of having power and a budget to work with, has spent 4 months talking to a brick wall, wanted Coyle gone in January but had to wait until late Feb to get approval from India, now has a relegation on his CV and knows that things are going to get a whole lot worse.

Like Lambert and Myers before him I think he probably had good intentions on arrival, but after a period in there on the ground he's realised that the crooks in India are liars and conmen, and their business 'model' will guarantee further failure for this club.

I'd say more likely he realised there was no serious money to be made here and split before his name became too muddied with the disaster that is Rovers. 

"“In January we have topped up the squad, I think we have brought in players that can come in and give us cover across the back, as well as in midfield and goals up front.

“The investment is always there for the right player who becomes available at the right price for Blackburn Rovers,” said Senior who insisted his focus must remain on safeguarding the future of the club “It is never a case of we can’t have any money. There were resources there to spend, but it has to be on the right player and players who would come in and hit the ground running.

“I had a ridiculous amount of players made available to me during January who potentially could have done a job, but there’s always a risk.

“January is an expensive month to try and do business, and you can make a lot of mistakes if you don’t get the right players in.

“We didn’t necessarily want too much movement, in or out in January, because it’s not a time to do major surgery.

" Paul Senior 

Remind me of how that went again........

Just now, Phil T said:

Something tells me we are going to end up like Blackpool did a few seasons ago. No staff, no quality, nothing. This isn't the low point yet. That's what is really depressing.

That's the scary thing, the worst is still yet to come!

As for Senior, good riddance. 

Or even he finally realised that he was working for complete lunatics.

I am truly amazed this has happened and so quickly. I thought Senior was well in as the top non-Indian at Ewood.

The next few days or even hours may see TM go followed by Cheston.

Get your money on now for us to go straight through L1.....if the Pune @#/? stay

I wonder how Paul is going to fluff up this 6 month stint on his CV - Operational director of senior operative logistics in the football and business management of sport, operatively.

I texted Jim White on TalkSport this morning,saying "why aren't you talking to the golden bullshitter Paul Senior"

Clearly his Contract linked to Championship football. At least he's speechless.

Just now, OJRovers said:

To his credit he got rid of Coil and appointed TM

Everything else was just hot air to appease the fans and avoid spending any money in January.

sounds a bit Shebbyesque this.. 

Archived