BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

The guy was a clueless fraud, you only needed to look at his answers at the fans Q&A to realise that. Know your subject, first lesson when meeting your customers, easiest part of the job.

As for the rest of the staff at Ewood, this may sound harsh and insensitive but the relegation hasn't come as a surprise to many, it's been on the cards for years, plenty of time to get out and find alternative employment, so nobody should act surprised.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Grez said:

Why do some celebrate things like this?  The guy had been here since January and made positive changes.  Without him we'd still have Coyle and it would have been over with weeks ago.  Big loss in my opnion

Because some people can see the bigger picture that Venkys leaving is the only thing that matters and that another billy bullshit leaving the club is totally insignificant. When will people realise that no matter who they bring in at any level THINGS WILL NEVER IMPROVE? It wouldn't matter if Coyle was still here anyway, how can people STILL not have worked that out?

Positive changes? Its akin to giving the titanic a lick of paint whilst it sinks into the abyss. 

Get some persepctive FFS.

Just now, Neal said:

Because some people can see the bigger picture that Venkys leaving is the only thing that matters and that another billy bullshit leaving the club is totally insignificant. When will people realise that no matter who they bring in at any level THINGS WILL NEVER IMPROVE? It wouldn't matter if Coyle was still here anyway, how can people STILL not have worked that out?

Positive changes? Its akin to giving the titanic a lick of paint whilst it sinks into the abyss. 

You talk about perspective like you have thought through this. Regardless of what is necessary to have Venky's go the club still needs to be run in the meantime by somebody who has half an idea about football. Paul Snr did. Now it is left back into the hands of the man that brought us Owen Coyle as the 'outstanding candidate' as opposed to the man that immediately saw through him and brought in our most trusted manager in years. Meanwhile Venky's retain 99.99% ownership of the club and we become more and more unattractive.

If my gut feeling is true and Paul bore the brunt of the relegation then it is a very sad state of affairs. I had at least some positivity that Paul and Tony would make the right decisions going forward this summer. Now I know it's back to Cheston the Spreadsheet I think it's become abundantly clear we are in for another summer like last only twice as drastic. 

Sounds like he resigned after not achieving his target of staying up. That shows accountability and I would say integrity. 

Oh ya all you boo boys now blaming Senior and saying good riddance even though he had little time to do anything apart from sack Coyle and appoint Mowbray(who will be next to go now as the only contact person he had at the club was Senior) , the next guy in will get the exact same treatment from you clueless lot. How is any DOF or basically any staff member meant to come in and do a job when they are by default "useless" "sneaky" and whatever other baseless nonsense you lot come out with. I don't know who you lot expect us to get to work at the club at the moment, I am 100% sure you will be disappointed with whoever it is. Anyway, let the new witch hunt begin.

What a club, thanks Venkys. 

Paul Senior was the one who promised fans that all 4 stands would be open at Ewood next season regardless of League status.

I imagine that now he's out of the way cost cutter Cheston will be scheming to shut one or both of the Riverside and Darwen End to home fans. Cheston will be devastated. Apart from Oldham, Wigan and Portsmouth there won't be many away followings in excess of 1,000. He'll be hoping Bradford get beat at Wembley and stay down as they are the only ones who might bring a big away following to Ewood.

The question again is whether he has walked or has been pushed. Maybe someone (Pasha) wanted a scapegoat to blame the relegation on. If Senior has walked then that sets alarm bells ringing even more than before as he doesn't strike me as the sort to walk out on a cushy number after 5 months unless there are serious problems.

I expect Mowbray will follow. Senior must have been his ally as he appointed him.

Cheston will still be here throughout, as will Pasha in the shadows. I wonder whether they'll bother with another sham, botched managerial appointment again this summer or just take the easy option and give it to Dunn?

Just now, Neal said:

Perspective?  Here's one, that you are so blinded by hatred of Venkys you cant see that there is a football team that needs rescuing.  You have to have people in place to do that, I felt that Paul Senior had the skill set to lead a transformation and get us back in the Championship.

Assuming Venkys decide not to sell, who do you think is going to offer that chink of hope? 

Just now, Grez said:

Perspective?  Here's one, that you are so blinded by hatred of Venkys you cant see that there is a football team that needs rescuing.  You have to have people in place to do that, I felt that Paul Senior had the skill set to lead a transformation and get us back in the Championship.

Assuming Venkys decide not to sell, who do you think is going to offer that chink of hope? 

What skill set?

How on earth can you ascertain that from his limited time here Grez?

Did you read the fans Q&A? He's more car salesman than Dof, amateurish.  

Just now, Grez said:

In a totally non patronising way, i envy and feel sorry for you at the same time. Cling on to whatever hope you have but whilst Venkys are here it will most definately kill you.

Just now, Gav said:

What skill set? 

For me, to lead a team in a turnaround situation you need to have charisma, knowledge, drive and ability to get people all pulling in the same direction.  I felt he had the general management skill set that isn't easy to develop and not one in abundance at Rovers.  This is based on observations from working in many businesses over the years.  My impression of him was very good and personally think it will be a loss to the club.

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

Paul Senior attended the Rovers Supporters London Branch meeting on Friday night.

Would he have bothered if he thought he may not be in his post by Monday ? Seems unlikely to me 

In his own sublime world he had Jaoa scoring the winner on Sunday and the FruitMachine Jackpot dropping!

You guys in London should recognise a golden bullshitter(PR job at BA usually)

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

He reminded me so much of a certain dodgy agent who sold us down the river.

You all got taken in with Senior. It WAS JA wearing a rubber mask.

Watch out for a new appointment, he's already trialing some new ones.

Just now, Grez said:

For me, to lead a team in a turnaround situation you need to have charisma, knowledge, drive and ability to get people all pulling in the same direction.  I felt he had the general management skill set that isn't easy to develop and not one in abundance at Rovers.  This is based on observations from working in many businesses over the years.  My impression of him was very good and personally think it will be a loss to the club.

Bit more meat on the bones, I appreciate that reply Grez.

I never met the bloke but I read his answers at the Q&A and followed his interviews. He came across as a sweet talking car salesman that had very little knowledge on his subject matter and was very much winging it.

The majority of people at the Q&A felt the same.

so whilst I respect your views, I'm glad he's gone, but it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things anyway, just another Venky employee that failed miserably.

Just now, Gav said:

Bit more meat on the bones, I appreciate that reply Grez.

I never met the bloke but I read his answers at the Q&A and followed his interviews. He came across as a sweet talking car salesman that had very little knowledge on his subject matter and was very much winging it.

The majority of people at the Q&A felt the same.

so whilst I respect your views, I'm glad he's gone, but it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things anyway.

Of course they did :rolleyes:

Not really, we had some structure here with him and Mowbray, now that is going to be gone. So basically we are completely without any direction after just plummeting into league 1. Senior resigning is a very, very bad development at this point. Some of you might not see the wood from the trees on this at the moment, but the dominoes are falling. 

25 minutes ago, Iceman said:

well nobody should be surprised by this, the entire group should just leave and turn off the lights. I have had about enough now... 

I wonder who will deal with all the outgoing player transfers !

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sounds like he resigned after not achieving his target of staying up. That shows accountability and I would say integrity. 

Oh ya all you boo boys now blaming Senior and saying good riddance even though he had little time to do anything apart from sack Coyle and appoint Mowbray(who will be next to go now as the only contact person he had at the club was Senior) , they next guy in will get the exact same treatment from you clueless lot. How is any DOF or basically any staff member meant to come in and do a job when they are by default "useless" "sneaky" and whatever other baseless nonsense you lot come out with. I don't know who you lot expect us to get to work at the club at the moment, I am 100% sure you will be disappointed with whoever it is. Anyway, let the new witch hunt begin.

What a club, thanks Venkys. 

I don't know about not achieving his target of staying up, when he arrived we looked a dead cert for relegation and he admitted to having a plan A for staying up and a plan B for relegation. Now unless plan B was manning the Lifeboats I would think that Senior has seen the light and knows we are in deeper trouble then he thought when he arrived here. 

Archived