BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

• Backroom

Put it this way if you said to me pick one to stay either Cheston or Senior and from the little I know I would have said Senior.

Then again I quite liked Paul Hunt

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hanks said:

I don't know about not achieving his target of staying up, when he arrived we looked a dead cert for relegation and he admitted to having a plan A for staying up and a plan B for relegation. Now unless plan B was manning the Lifeboats I would think that Senior has seen the light and knows we are in deeper trouble then he thought when he arrived here. 

Yep, could be that. 

Extremely worried for Rovers.

Whether he walked or was pushed doesn't matter, the message to the fans is there is no money folks.

Personally I would take administration right now but there are far too many skeletons for Venky's to countenance that.

3 minutes ago, Grez said:

Perspective?  Here's one, that you are so blinded by hatred of Venkys you cant see that there is a football team that needs rescuing.  You have to have people in place to do that, I felt that Paul Senior had the skill set to lead a transformation and get us back in the Championship.

Assuming Venkys decide not to sell, who do you think is going to offer that chink of hope? 

Where has he proved this skill set you speak of?  Sacked from his last position. Charlton weren't flourishing when he was there and he was only academy level at Spurs.  

Talked a good game but delivered nothing in January as no 'value'.  How does the lack of activity in Jan look now?

Edit:  just read your reply to Gav.  Still think he was all hot air.

Just now, philipl said:

Whether he walked or was pushed doesn't matter, the message to the fans is there is no money folks.

Personally I would take administration right now but there are far too many skeletons for Venky's to countenance that.

Is this why Cheston stays?

Just now, philipl said:

If there's no money in the bank, then it's either admin or liquidation.

Just now, philipl said:

Philip, I'd be really grateful if you could elaborate on this.

If the finances are so dire, how can administration possibly be avoided? 

Through liquidation? Is that the only possible outcome in your view?

6 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Paul Senior attended the Rovers Supporters London Branch meeting on Friday night.

Would he have bothered if he thought he may not be in his post by Monday ? Seems unlikely to me 

Did anyone on here attend the meeting?

Just now, J*B said:

Admin is coming. I've got the party poppers ready. The sooner we're rid of these pricks the sooner we can start rebuilding. 

if admin is the next step the problem is finding a buyer who will carry the debt, the first thing admin's will do is try n sell anything of value. Chicken farmers already done that so next is finding a buyer....

Senior was at the game yesterday, thought he looked very awkward behind Coar and Pasha who looked very cosy sat together. I'm sure Senior didn't bring any positives to Rovers, but those two are something else entirely.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Did anyone on here attend the meeting?

Does anyone here care?

The irrelevance has left the building with his £15k a month wages swelling his bank account.

Cheston will be next hopefully. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon says he was push out. 

Seems like our relegation not gone down well with Balaji from Nicko's twitter posts. 

Nixon has an axe to grind with Senior because he sacked his best mate Coyle, don't trust a word he says.

Just now, Gav said:

Does anyone here care?

The irrelevance has left the building with his £15k a month wages swelling his bank account.

Cheston will be next hopefully. 

Erm yes I care, that's why I asked the question... putting you on ignore.

Seems like our relegation not gone down well with Balaji from Nicko's twitter posts. 

Sounds like the fall guy when the real blame is in Pune

classic denial then blame everyone around you . Thats even more scary to think that the owners dont know what they are doing wrong..

I find this departure to be in the same category as Lambert and Myers - people who came in, tried to change things, and realised it was impossible to do under the present ownership and hence walked away.  I suspect that, sadly, Mowbray will soon follow.   I must admit, having met Senior and spoken to him about the situation if relegation happened, I felt he might actually be able to take the club forward on a minimum budget.  He talked a lot of sense about introducing a wage structure that was realistic with regard to income levels.  The fact he has gone suggests that even that minimum budget is no longer available.  Rather than administration I suspect we are moving closer to the point where the owners simply opt to resign from the League, shut the whole operation down and then hold onto the land that they now own at Brockhall and Ewood.  I suspect that would be their favoured choice rather than administration, after all, isn't that what they did with the film studio they own. 

Sounds like the fall guy when the real blame is in Pune

There is some truth in this. I hear Balaji is already lining up our new Taiwanese Director of Football, Lee Gwon.

Archived