BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

2 hours ago, Grez said:

Perspective?  Here's one, that you are so blinded by hatred of Venkys you cant see that there is a football team that needs rescuing.  You have to have people in place to do that, I felt that Paul Senior had the skill set to lead a transformation and get us back in the Championship.

Assuming Venkys decide not to sell, who do you think is going to offer that chink of hope? 

I would rather have the nazi party running rovers than venkys

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, lraC said:

No one of the guys who attends the meeting at Ewood working mans club. For the people who have attended any of them, you can normally take what the say as being very accurate.

It looks to me like Bling woke up in Pune with a hangover and threw  a hissy fit. They had to blame someone.

Whilst I had very little faith in Senior and couldn't see him as anything more than a silver tongued salesman, we are now left with the guys at the top of the tree who felt that Coyle was the best man for the job and with regards to signings one of our highest earners has spent more time in the dock than on the pitch in 2017!!!

2 hours ago, Gav said:

The guy was a clueless fraud, you only needed to look at his answers at the fans Q&A to realise that. Know your subject, first lesson when meeting your customers, easiest part of the job.

As for the rest of the staff at Ewood, this may sound harsh and insensitive but the relegation hasn't come as a surprise to many, it's been on the cards for years, plenty of time to get out and find alternative employment, so nobody should act surprised.

You're right on the money, Gav. Imo, he was binned. 

You don't have to look very far to find reasons why. 

I'm hoping this might be the start of the Mowbray era proper. I just can't imagine those two together building a team. 

TM has taken the majority of fans with him so far. That's no mean feat especially in the circumstances. 

Things are beginning to change already. I see that as a good sign. 

Just now, JonnyP said:

He wouldn't of had that conversation within 24hrs, there's no way he spoke to the owners about funds for next year within such a short period of time after relegation come to the conclusion there is none and made a decision to resign. I'd say he was pushed out the door or resigned out of feeling he failed.

For however distant the owners have been people like Kamy and Rishi Sikka (and Glen M?) were/are able to speak to their reps quite easily so I'm sure a club exec will be able to get the general gist of their thoughts.

Just now, Markread2 said:

You're right on the money, Gav. Imo, he was binned. 

You don't have to look very far to find reasons why. 

I'm hoping this might be the start of the Mowbray era proper. I just can't imagine those two together building a team. 

TM has taken the majority of fans with him so far. That's no mean feat especially in the circumstances. 

Things are beginning to change already. I see that as a good sign. 

I will give you 5/1 with a minimum bet of £50 that Mowbray isn't here at the beginning of the season. Not a chance.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Left cos he doesnt want to work in the 3rd division would be my thought. 

Or the owners decide to make Mowbray manager and let him do it his way?

Haha! The song remains the same.

"Need a little time to wake up, wake up"

Senior is no loss. Waste of a salary, and a bit shady.

It is very unlikely that Senior has had dialogue with whoever he is answerable to. He was at the match, as well as another event this weekend. He has talked excitedly about next year indicating that he was intending to be here next season come what may. 

No, something else has happened. I don't believe he has resigned; I think he has been pushed. I don't necessarily see this as the writing on the wall for Mowbray either. Could it be that he wants his own backroom next year? I'm sure he said that when he first came. If Nixon is to be believed about it being a sacking, perhaps Mowbray is going to India to get his own staff negotiated and to combine his current role with Senior's. If I am correct with that wild guess then I expect Dunn and the rest to be the next to be 'resigned'.

If Bilaji has expressed disgust as mentioned by a previous poster, then that lends credence to my hunch. Where did the story of Mowbray' s trip to India originate? Previous trips by ex managers usually meant funds and forward planning. If he is genuinely going to India, it has to be a good thing. He might have to promise instant promotion followed by a play off place the following year to secure some funding but would probably take that in a heartbeat. Make no mistake, Venky' s have to face reality at some point.

Mowbray was desperate to come here. Despite most of us thinking highly of him, he has another relegation on his C.V. That is the bottom line for other club chairmen and it means that Mowbray' s stock is now lower than when he came. If he resigns then he might have a long wait before returning. 

I think he wants to stay, I don't think Senior' s 'resignation' will bother him but I think he needs some crumb of comfort from the Indian' s table to keep him.

Just now, lraC said:

I will give you 5/1 with a minimum bet of £50 that Mowbray isn't here at the beginning of the season. Not a chance.

Don't have £50 atm, IraC.

I have a handful of seeds just given to me by an old woman in exchange for a Rovers season ticket? Will they do instead? ;)

Just now, Markread2 said:

Don't have £50 atm, IraC.

I have a handful of seeds just given to me by an old woman in exchange for a Rovers season ticket? Will they do instead? ;)

I guess so and if you win, I will owe you five hands full of seeds. At least we will have a good pitch. :) 

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

Mowbray was desperate to come here. Despite most of us thinking highly of him, he has another relegation on his C.V. That is the bottom line for other club chairmen and it means that Mowbray' s stock is now lower than when he came. If he resigns then he might have a long wait before returning. 

Good point, and relegation will hurt his pride, but he's been in the game a long time as player and manager and will presumably have many millions in the bank. He probably doesn't need to work so he may not be that bothered about getting another job. I think if he wants to continue working he's looking for a club where he can make progress, whereas we're clearly going down the same rocky road as his previous club Coventry. Reading his quotes today I'd be surprised if he stays.. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Of course they did :rolleyes:

Not really, we had some structure here with him and Mowbray, now that is going to be gone. So basically we are completely without any direction after just plummeting into league 1. Senior resigning is a very, very bad development at this point. Some of you might not see the wood from the trees on this at the moment, but the dominoes are falling. 

Are you his agent ?

Anyone got a view as to whether Mowbray got on with Senior.

Entirely possible that he took a look at Senior's D list and said, if I'm staying then I pick my own players...

Whether that ends up being the reality is another matter entirely of course. Although that word 'manager' in the "owners statement" is very curious in the wake of Senior's departure.

Just now, Waggy76 said:

No , the man was a bullshitting slime ball....

Good riddance !

To be fair to Senior, if he made 3 decisions in his time; Sack Coyle, Hire Mowbray, Sign Joao, at least two of those worked out, even if one was 6 weeks too late in the season. 

Lets call it a 1/3 ratio. That would only put him around 11th in the Rao Wankasty Shyster scale, between Micheal Appleton and Vineeth Rao. The top 5 being Kean, Anderson, Singh, Shaw, Agnew? Answers on a post card.

Just now, Biz said:

To be fair to Senior, if he made 3 decisions in his time; Sack Coyle, Hire Mowbray, Sign Joao, at least two of those worked out, even if one was 6 weeks too late in the season. 

Lets call it a 1/3 ratio. That would only put him around 11th in the Rao Wankasty Shyster scale, between Micheal Appleton and Vineeth Rao. The top 5 being Kean, Anderson, Singh, Shaw, Agnew? Answers on a post card.

Cheston is climbing that table fast as well. Has the potential to knock Shaw out of that top 5 imo.

Surprised so many people are happy about this. So many players will leave in the summer, we're going to have to bring in someone else to help with recruitment.

Will the new guy be better? Hard to say, but at least Senior was a relatively* normal appointment with a relatively* reasonable CV. And he binned Coyle. For all we know, Venkys could go down the whackjob route again and lumber us with another Shebby Singh. 

If Mowbray leaves too, I'll be pretty terrified. 

*Relative to the bizarre world of Venkys

Just now, LeChuck said:

Surprised so many people are happy about this. So many players will leave in the summer, we're going to have to bring in someone else to help with recruitment.

Will the new guy be better? Hard to say, but at least Senior was a relatively* normal appointment with a relatively* reasonable CV. And he binned Coyle. For all we know, Venkys could go down the whackjob route again and lumber us with another Shebby Singh. 

If Mowbray leaves too, I'll be pretty terrified. 

There's nobody in an administration role now with any football knowledge as far as I can tell. At last Senior had that, and had contacts to help bring players to the club. Who is there to help Mowbray now, Cheston & Coar? What an absolute shambles. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Entirely possible that he took a look at Senior's D list and said, if I'm staying then I pick my own players...

Whether that ends up being the reality is another matter entirely of course. Although that word 'manager' in the "owners statement" is very curious in the wake of Senior's departure.

My post above speculated that Senior was fired and that Mowbray will stay if given some assurances. The subsequent statement from "Venky's" firms up my speculation a little. I see no reason why Mowbray would want Senior around. I bet his first bargaining position if he stays, is that he controls the players coming and going, a demand which may already have led to Senior' s demise. His second demand may be his own backroom team, although he might relent on this in view of the performances recently. His main concern has to be the ability to retain the players he wants and to be allowed to spend money on players coming in. Sadly, the club statement cunningly made no mention of funds which tells its own story. It is clear from the statement that Mowbray' s contribution has been noted and in particular that he has the fans on board. This will be seen as a massive incentive to retain him and surely strengthens his bargaining position. 

In a nutshell, Mowbray staying would mean he has the reassurance he craves and I believe we have a good chance of coming straight back up if events were to unfold that way.

However, this being Venky' s.........

My post above speculated that Senior was fired and that Mowbray will stay if given some assurances. The subsequent statement from "Venky's" firms up my speculation a little. I see no reason why Mowbray would want Senior around. I bet his first bargaining position if he stays, is that he controls the players coming and going, a demand which may already have led to Senior' s demise. His second demand may be his own backroom team, although he might relent on this in view of the performances recently. His main concern has to be the ability to retain the players he wants and to be allowed to spend money on players coming in. Sadly, the club statement cunningly made no mention of funds which tells its own story. It is clear from the statement that Mowbray' s contribution has been noted and in particular that he has the fans on board. This will be seen as a massive incentive to retain him and surely strengthens his bargaining position. 

In a nutshell, Mowbray staying would mean he has the reassurance he craves and I believe we have a good chance of coming straight back up if events were to unfold that way.

I have to say that post has made me feel a little better for the first time since yesterday final whistle. I so hope you are right. I am signing off for the night, as I am genuinely stressed with all this.

Yep, whether Mowbray stays or not will tell us everything.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Mowbray saying he wanted to speak to 'the people that really mattered' at the club was a pot-shot at someone.

Archived