SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Senior resigns from Rovers role

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you an idiot? 

So whilst you're busy calling posters idiots, can I just ask if you think the poster that didn't want Coyle sacking and thought Senior was the saviour of Blackburn Rovers could be classed as an idiot also?

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Mowbray saying he wanted to speak to 'the people that really mattered' at the club was a pot-shot at someone.

Probably.

Did you make a close-up appearance in the crowd towards the end of the game on Sunday, btw...?

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

My post above speculated that Senior was fired and that Mowbray will stay if given some assurances. The subsequent statement from "Venky's" firms up my speculation a little. I see no reason why Mowbray would want Senior around. I bet his first bargaining position if he stays, is that he controls the players coming and going, a demand which may already have led to Senior' s demise. His second demand may be his own backroom team, although he might relent on this in view of the performances recently. His main concern has to be the ability to retain the players he wants and to be allowed to spend money on players coming in. Sadly, the club statement cunningly made no mention of funds which tells its own story. It is clear from the statement that Mowbray' s contribution has been noted and in particular that he has the fans on board. This will be seen as a massive incentive to retain him and surely strengthens his bargaining position. 

In a nutshell, Mowbray staying would mean he has the reassurance he craves and I believe we have a good chance of coming straight back up if events were to unfold that way.

However, this being Venky' s.........

Yes unfortunately it is Venkys and I just can't believe that they would care what Mowbray has to say or wants.

3 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

I find this departure to be in the same category as Lambert and Myers - people who came in, tried to change things, and realised it was impossible to do under the present ownership and hence walked away.  I suspect that, sadly, Mowbray will soon follow.   I must admit, having met Senior and spoken to him about the situation if relegation happened, I felt he might actually be able to take the club forward on a minimum budget.  He talked a lot of sense about introducing a wage structure that was realistic with regard to income levels.  The fact he has gone suggests that even that minimum budget is no longer available.  Rather than administration I suspect we are moving closer to the point where the owners simply opt to resign from the League, shut the whole operation down and then hold onto the land that they now own at Brockhall and Ewood.  I suspect that would be their favoured choice rather than administration, after all, isn't that what they did with the film studio they own. 

Goes along with what I've been saying for sometime now.  No more Rovers.

• Backroom

Does anyone really think Mowbray has already had the type of conversation with Venky's that includes whether he wants to work with a dof next season? :huh:

Just now, DE. said:

Does anyone really think Mowbray has already had the type of conversation with Venky's that includes whether he wants to work with a dof next season? :huh:

I'd be surprised if he's actually spoken to them yet. Pasha was sat in front of Senior in the stand yesterday, Mowbray will be talking to the owners via that highly paid management consultant. 

Just now, DE. said:

I suspect Mowbray will walk after he's tried and failed to get hold of any of the scum family.

53 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Anyone got a view as to whether Mowbray got on with Senior.

Entirely possible that he took a look at Senior's D list and said, if I'm staying then I pick my own players...

Whether that ends up being the reality is another matter entirely of course. Although that word 'manager' in the "owners statement" is very curious in the wake of Senior's departure.

Personally I feel much better about Mowbray putting his own players out there than managing someone elses.

Just now, DE. said:

Senior's farewell could've  been in his contract. Relegation = bye bye.

I'dve certainly put in some fail safes.

I don't at all link his departure to Mowbray's wishes or wish list.

Lambert never got to speak to them, and neither will Tony.

It's Pascha passing messages on, at best.

I honestly think Senior jumped as he probably realized that HIS plan B wasnt going to happen , TM likely to go as he will also realise he wont have anything to work for so Senior went before TM so he's not left holding all the cards, fans backlash and all the 'kean abuse' he may come up against.

TM seems a very credible man, Jeff Stelling said he was one of footballs nice guys who just wants to be involved in the game.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

So whilst you're busy calling posters idiots, can I just ask if you think the poster that didn't want Coyle sacking and thought Senior was the saviour of Blackburn Rovers could be classed as an idiot also?

I didn't call anyone an idiot. He asked me if I am Paul Seniors agent. I then asked him if he is an idiot. 

"That didn't want Coyle sacking" you don't speaky English good do you. I said Coyle shouldn't have been appointed in the first place and I was amazed he didn't go after the first 7 games. So I'm not sure what you are referring to? 

I don't think anyone thought Senior was the saviour. It does seem like a lot of the sensible posters on here acknowledge that losing a key member of our staff a day after being relegated isn't a good thing. A member of staff who was responsible for bringing in a manager who almost pulled off a miracle by keeping us up. A member of staff who I thought talked sense compared to some of the shysters we have had at the club. 

Your plan to sack everyone is a bit silly do you not think? Should we replace them or will the players carry out these duties also. Maybe Charlie Mulgrew can be centre half and director of football. I know Nyambe is young, but I see a good right wingback/finance director there with the right coaching. I am 100% sure you and your mob will be disappointed with whoever it is that replaces Senior. Roll on the new witch hunt says you. 

Never took to Teflon senior,

What will he be remembered for?

Sacking Coyle, appointing Mowbray, cocking up January transfer window , result = relegation 

Got himself a tidy wage for 6 months, not bad work if you can get it.

I have never been comfortable with players being signed by anyone bar the manager, it's a wage we can do without and will hopefully give TM more say in squad rebuilding 

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Never took to Teflon senior,

What will he be remembered for?

Sacking Coyle, appointing Mowbray, cocking up January transfer window , result = relegation 

Got himself a tidy wage for 6 months, not bad work if you can get it.

I have never been comfortable with players being signed by anyone bar the manager, it's a wage we can do without and will hopefully give TM more say in squad rebuilding 

Do you think TM gave the ultimatum on either he goes or I go baring in mind Senior had this plan B of players HE wanted. Quite right with what you say about ONLY the manager should have a say in what player he wants.

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I didn't call anyone an idiot. He asked me if I am Paul Seniors agent. I then asked him if he is an idiot. 

"That didn't want Coyle sacking" you don't speaky English good do you. I said Coyle shouldn't have been appointed in the first place and I was amazed he didn't go after the first 7 games. So I'm not sure what you are referring to? 

You didn't want Coyle sacking when you first came posting on here and actually stated you believed we would stay up under him(not knocking you for it like, even though Coyle was manager), so that's probably what Gav is referring to.

I dont think there is a conspiracy theory here- The man always came across like a slippery, self serving crook. He's just jumped ship because he knows that he stands little chance of making another penny from any future commissions on players. He'll have to rely on whoring Luca Joao around the leagues to pay the bills. He wont get another penny out of our broke, joke of a club. 

3 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

My post above speculated that Senior was fired and that Mowbray will stay if given some assurances. The subsequent statement from "Venky's" firms up my speculation a little. I see no reason why Mowbray would want Senior around. I bet his first bargaining position if he stays, is that he controls the players coming and going, a demand which may already have led to Senior' s demise. His second demand may be his own backroom team, although he might relent on this in view of the performances recently. His main concern has to be the ability to retain the players he wants and to be allowed to spend money on players coming in. Sadly, the club statement cunningly made no mention of funds which tells its own story. It is clear from the statement that Mowbray' s contribution has been noted and in particular that he has the fans on board. This will be seen as a massive incentive to retain him and surely strengthens his bargaining position. 

In a nutshell, Mowbray staying would mean he has the reassurance he craves and I believe we have a good chance of coming straight back up if events were to unfold that way.

However, this being Venky' s.........

It could just be that stay up and there was plans to trade a good number of players and bring a few in whether they be loans or frees. Now though on relegation it will just be case of trimming the squad promoting more youth and going with what's left so no players in means they don't need someone sourcing them. I don't think TM will have hasd any say in this at all.

• Moderation Lead
15 hours ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Nixon has just called Senior an absolute irrelevance on Talksport.

Only switched on for the last minute or so of the interview but he got a good word in for his mate Coil.

Nixon calling someone an irrelevance. Oh the irony...

The forum makes me laugh at times:

Senior is appointed: "Disaster, he's a stooge, will only bring in players connected to his wife's agency etc. We're doomed."

Senior resigns/is pushed: "Disaster. Proves We've no money, he was the only one at the Club who knew what he was doing etc. We're doomed."

Never met Senior but what did he actually DO whilst he was here? It would appear Coyle had two or three potential transfer targets lined up in advance of the January transfer window. All Senior managed to do was block those, and talk about how, although there was money available for signings it is really difficult to get the right players in January. Then talk about how we'd "added value to the squad" after signing one player on loan who neither manager particularly wanted to play!

Now either the option was there to bring in players in January and he completely cocked it up, or, there was no money available and he was merely brought in to try and appease fans by giving it a modified version of the old John Williams guff about "keeping our powder dry" and trying to deflect criticism away from the owners for not spending money.

Either way he was a waste of a wage in my opinion especially so now We've been relegated and money will be incredibly tight. If Mowbray stays, I'd far rather he be picking his own players than ones foisted upon him by Senior.

If that proves to be the case I think this is an excellent development. If Mowbray follows him out of the door that's obviously a different matter entirely.

Archived