BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Owners of Blackburn Rovers wish to place on record their appreciation for the work of manager Tony Mowbray since his arrival at the club, during which time both the performances of the team and results have improved significantly. Going forward he will continue to have our full support.

Despite the courageous performance by the players and the victory at Brentford yesterday, results elsewhere led to the relegation of the club from the Championship. This is indeed a very sad situation and we are deeply hurt by these events. We share the same feelings as our supporters.

Notwithstanding this temporary setback, we are confident that the collective efforts of the team, under Tony’s leadership, will enable the club to achieve promotion back to the Championship next season.

The Owners and everyone at the club recognise and appreciate the solid backing of the supporters and thank them for this. We believe that such strong support will set us in good stead for the season ahead.

We have all witnessed the events of recent years, where teams have been relegated but have turned their clubs around and emerged stronger, and we are determined to see Blackburn Rovers do the same.

Work has already begun to make this happen and we will be making every effort during the forthcoming season to give ourselves the best chance to achieve this

Read more at http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/owners-statement-3710905.aspx#2rGwtV7Q0mjSL2uD.99

More deeply insulting bullshit and it now does just look like senior was nothing more than a deflective e tactic to get the heat off Slasha. He must be number 1 target going forwards.

I wasn't expecting anything any different to be honest! Not matter what words they utter, the actions of the previous 6 years say enough! 

They say Tony will stay... I guess that confirms he is off then! 

"This is indeed a very sad situation and we are deeply hurt by these events. We share the same feelings as our supporters" 

incredibly insulting statement. I know this was probably written by some poor pr employee who was asked to throw something together but what a ridiculous statement to make.

If you take that statement at face value then they want Mowbray to stay. I would guess he is considering his position at the moment. Either way, it needs clarification very soon.  

Just now, JonnyP said:

"This is indeed a very sad situation and we are deeply hurt by these events. We share the same feelings as our supporters" 

incredibly isultiing statement. I know this was probably written by some poor pr employee who was asked to throw something together but what a ridiculous statement to make.

Exactly this

Archived