BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

Just now, jim mk2 said:

If you take that statement at face value then they want Mowbray to stay. I would guess he is considering his position at the moment. Either way, it needs clarification very soon.  

If they told me today was Monday, I wouldn't take it at face value.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jim mk2 said:

If you take that statement at face value then they want Mowbray to stay. I would guess he is considering his position at the moment. Either way, it needs clarification very soon.  

I wouldn't take anything from that statement, the club owners have to be seen to saying something, it's creative writing no substance to it at all.

"Work has already begun" ie if a half decent bid comes in for Mulgrew Conway graham steele they are off. Also none of the players out of contract will their contract renewed in fact Connor mahoney is having his medical attention Sunderland. 

Just sell the club 

You can imagine the conversation:

"The fans and press are expecting a statement from the family. What would you like me to tell them?"

"Write something for us. We are not going to sell. Nothing has changed. Make it sound better than that of course."

Plus, at least mutual consent is out of the window. They want him to stay so if he goes it's because he has resigned as well.

TM can go to India and ask them to back up their statement that they will back him.

"Sorry Tony, what statement have we made?"

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

"Work has already begun" ie if a half decent bid comes in for Mulgrew Conway graham steele they are off. Also none of the players out of contract will their contract renewed in fact Connor mahoney is having his medical attention Sunderland. 

Just sell the club 

Conway and Graham told fans after yesterday's game they are staying. 

The line "teams have been relegated and come back stronger " ... you do know this is our second relegation under you don't you!?!? Again some ghost writers have written this, doubt a single owner has seen it!

They have put out another statement

"We would like to reassure our fans that champions league football is still atainable in the next 5 years. We have plans in place to sign neymar. Messi and ronaldo for a 5 million fee. We hope our supporters (gullible idiots) will stick with us as we look forward to an exciting journey into league 1

Just now, JonnyP said:

"This is indeed a very sad situation and we are deeply hurt by these events. We share the same feelings as our supporters" 

incredibly insulting statement. I know this was probably written by some poor pr employee who was asked to throw something together but what a ridiculous statement to make.

It's absolutely intended that way, without a doubt. I'm no expert in marketing, I'm no brand manager but I can safely say that this is beyond "amateurism".

Ive locked horns at many stages on the smoke and mirrors stories - another example yesterday of the wages being late, but this is stark evidence of somebody deliberately trying to get under the skin of the fanbase.

"We can only empathasise with the fanbase" or "our humble apologies for our mistakes" would've been easy to fit in. They would've offered no comfort but "We share the same feelings as our supporters" is too offensive to be true, how could a single member of the current playing staff, management team or senior staff have a shred of the sadness I feel for seeing my club play in the third tier for the first time in my life?

Im not talking about a slide of bad decisions, lower attendances, natural decline. I'm talking about an absolute aberration of running a club. Manufactured decline by complicit, criminal and/or negligent owners. 

I could take natural decline. I feel like I have to take this enforced drop or they win/I lose - but how could I seriously envisage "supporting" this kind of behaviour? Just another taint on the white of our famous shirts.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We can't afford Graham's 26k a week wages or we will be embargoed so a club will offer to take him for nothing in return we get him of the wages bill. Same for mulgrew, Bennett etc.

do some research and examine how we will have to comply pal 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Was at the game Chaddy so didn't hear the interview. Saw graham been interviewed.  I really hope they doffer but I'd be fearful they could be off loaded 

I expect they do want Mowbray to stay, albeit not for the right reasons. They probably want him to stay because he's cheap and it will save them the hassle of having to go through another lengthy and embarrassing managerial selection process that ends in them dishing out 3 year deals to an entire host of coaching staff. This way things are nice and simple, just keep things as they are with Mowbray, Lowe and Dunn, each on relatively low wages and contracts already in place. 

Its staggering, it really is. First Mowbray sets doubts about his future yesterday, then the man who appointed him and was his D of F 'quits' and by the afternoon the 'owners' who have never even met Mowbray are bigging him up and saying he's going to be here next season, even though Mowbray himself hasn't had the essential conversations yet and doesn't know what he's working with.

More likely is that they know the fans have respect for Mowbray and think keeping him will keep the peasants happy for another season and get them queuing up for season tickets.

An attempt to get Mowbray to stay by bigging him up? A man who said yesterday, I think, that he has only spoken to them twice and needed to meet them soon to thrash things out.

They are expecting TM to resign and Pasha and Cheston are panicking.

Owners say "We share the same feelings as our supporters."

Nobody supports you. We support Rovers

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

An attempt to get Mowbray to stsy by bigging him up? A man who said yesterday, I think, that he has only spoken to them twice and needed to meet them soon to thrash things out.

They are expecting TM to resign and Pasha and Cheston are panicking.

Owners say "We share the same feelings as our supporters."

Nobody supports you. We support Rovers

Bang on

Archived