BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ive asked this. No response. 

Billy Sharp is on 20k a week at Sheff Utd. 

Graham was on 35k p/w at Sunderland. How much of a wage drop do you realistically think he took to come here? There are links on this forum to the 26k figure, if I wasn't on my mobile I would find them for you. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temporary setback :) 

Nothing in there about being sorry. Interestingly, nothing in their about remaining fully committed either - that's usually their stock response. 

I doubt the owners have even read that statement, it was probably one of their advisors who approved it. 

I got the impression whoever wrote it was sending out a clear message to Venkys - "You must keep TM". 

The owners statement is shameful 'The Owners and everyone at the club recognise and appreciate the solid backing of the supporters and thank them for this.' That can be read as the supporters are backing the owners, and the team.

As for the temporary set-back, they really think the fans are thick.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Work has already begun to make this happen and we will be making every effort during the forthcoming season to give ourselves the best chance to achieve this

Hmmmm why don't I believe this?

No season ticket renewal for me after 30+ years.

I'll be back when they have gone.

Just now, rovers11 said:

Temporary setback :) 

Nothing in there about being sorry. Interestingly, nothing in their about remaining fully committed either - that's usually their stock response. 

I doubt the owners have even read that statement, it was probably one of their advisors who approved it. 

I got the impression whoever wrote it was sending out a clear message to Venkys - "You must keep TM". 

Probably Seniors final email.

Incidentally, the reply will have been "Thanks, you're fired by the way"

Ive asked this. No response. 

Billy Sharp is on 20k a week at Sheff Utd. 

So you refuse to believe Graham is on £26k a week in the Championship but you're happy to believe a League 1 player is on £20k a week?

Just now, J*B said:

Graham was on 35k p/w at Sunderland. How much of a wage drop do you realistically think he took to come here? There are links on this forum to the 26k figure, if I wasn't on my mobile I would find them for you. 

He'd still refuse to believe it. Like when a forum full of people are calling for Coyles head and he's arguing with them, then we get relegated. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

If Billy Sharp is on £20kpw at League 1 Sheff Utd then the world has gone officially mad.

I know this is a bit off but my mate played for Huddersfield 14yrs ago and he was on 10k then....

On reflection the statement is issued because they know Mowbray is having doubts they think by issuing this statement and give Mowbray "assurances" similar to what lambert got in November that he will hang around.

Once the transfer window starts none of raos will be contactable.

Same crap different season

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

On reflection the statement is issued because they know Mowbray is having doubts they think by issuing this statement and give Mowbray "assurances" similar to what lambert got in November that he will hang around.

Same crap different seaso

apparently Ian  Battersby has been interviewed on Sky today. Anybody know what was said or got any links?? 

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Same crap different season

This :)

Just now, booth said:

So you refuse to believe Graham is on £26k a week in the Championship but you're happy to believe a League 1 player is on £20k a week?

All the media have been reporting Sharp been on 20k since he joined them. 

Just now, booth said:

He'd still refuse to believe it. Like when a forum full of people are calling for Coyles head and he's arguing with them, then we get relegated. 

I said Coyle shouldnt have been appointed but he was. 

He should be sacked after Birmingham home draw if not before. But I said we need a proper plan who to appoint. Not spend weeks with a caretaker in charge. If Mowbray was appointed 5 games before we are safe and we would have been playing Championship football. 

Just now, TBTF said:

apparently Ian  Battersby has been interviewed on Sky today. Anybody know what was said or got any links?? 

Not seen it but been told from a good friend that He slammed Venkys. These people r completely oblivious 2 the fact that they r the most hated people in Blackburn and possibly in football. 

BBC Radio Lancs are doing a Rovers special with Battersby and Nixon tomorrow at 6pm. I'm expecting fireworks

All the media have been reporting Sharp been on 20k since he joined them. 

I said Coyle shouldnt have been appointed but he was. 

He should be sacked after Birmingham home draw if not before. But I said we need a proper plan who to appoint. Not spend weeks with a caretaker in charge. If Mowbray was appointed 5 games before we are safe and we would have been playing Championship football. 

5 games exactly? After Birmingham but if before ???? 

Explain. 

You defended Coyle for most of the season. The odd win was more than enough for you to continue to be hopeful.

Not seen it but been told from a good friend that He slammed Venkys. These people r completely oblivious 2 the fact that they r the most hated people in Blackburn and possibly in football. 

Thanks Chaddy. He does seem to say it as it is. How do you get a link? any ideas? 

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

I know this is a bit off but my mate played for Huddersfield 14yrs ago and he was on 10k then....

I take it 'Chris' is Whalleys finest, who got messed up at the Barcodes? Don't think I ever saw him play but he was meant to be a good 'un.

Archived