BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

yeah he had terrible eye injury at Toon, Seen him play a few times ( even down here) he's a good mate of mine and an honest lad too. Even admitted he was never the best player at school just perused it more than other kids did but yeah he was good.

Cracking vid on youtube of him setting up Andy Cole on his debut.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

yeah he had terrible eye injury at Toon, Seen him play a few times ( even down here) he's a good mate of mine and an honest lad too. Even admitted he was never the best player at school just perused it more than other kids did but yeah he was good.

Cracking vid on youtube of him setting up Andy Cole on his debut.

Has he still got his boots?:)

48 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

Chaddy. Take your time and read this a few times. Reality needs to dawn, otherwise you'll be fked when it finally hits you.

There is no resurrection while these ..... remain. 

Their only hope was the Seneca offer. Another won't be coming for years and years.

I agree CoB. That's why I was interested in what Battersby had to say on Sky. Just wondered /hoped something might be afoot  now that we are down among the dead men.

1 minute ago, A cup of beans said:

Radio Lancs special tomorrow night.

I suspect Ian will be on that. Alan Nixon has already been confirmed.

I wish they'd stop talking to Nixon. He talks crap.

Just now, TBTF said:

I agree CoB. That's why I was interested in what Battersby had to say on Sky. Just wondered /hoped something might be afoot  now that we are down among the dead men.

He said what hes been saying on radio Lancs the last few years, Vewnkys need to leave he wants to resurrect the club etc.

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive asked this. No response. 

Billy Sharp is on 20k a week at Sheff Utd. 

Have you? No disrespect i wouldn't like to drop people in it on a MB especially whilst other things are in motion in the background.

Take something from the fact someone very very very close to the club. Same guy who confirmed Stokes 14k, Henley 15k.

I expect that the full significance of what has happened won't have hit home with them yet. More likely is that Cheston as once again the last man standing knows that they have to be seen to react to yesterday's events and so has typed up this laughable statement in conjunction with Pasha. I doubt either have spoken to India directly since yesterday and even if they have it they won't have had time to analyse what happens next.

That statement has Cheston's fingerprints all over it. Once again he's the only active director at Ewood. We can safely say he is clueless as evidenced by his ridiculous comments to media and the fans this season, from his all time classic of Coyle being the outstanding candidate, to not knowing Suhail's name or job title, to using distance as an excuse why the owners can't communicate - he shouldnt be doing it but he's back in pole position. 

I think its Venkys accounts people or their creditors running things now and the only concern at this stage will be generating funds to pay the bills. When they realise that the saleable players well is running almost dry and there's another black hole of several million on top of current losses to cover they might start to panic more.

From 2014 

Venky's have reaffirmed their commitment to ensuring they return to the Premier League.

"Now that the season has ended, we would like to put on record our thanks to Gary Bowyer and the players for their hard work and dedication in what was a season of stability and one in which we could see real progress and promise for the future," said a statement from the owners on the club's official website.

"You the fans, too, have played a huge part in that and we want to say a special thank you for the support and commitment you have once again shown to Blackburn Rovers.

"Many supporters have contacted us this season in recognition of the hard work and passion of the team and that has been welcomed.

"Our family is fully aware of how difficult the past few years have been for everyone who has affection for our great club, we are deeply sorry we haven't, so far, been able to bring the success we all desire for Rovers.

"That said, our commitment has and will not waiver. We have learned some very valuable and costly lessons in our quest to make you, the fans, happy and proud of Rovers and the desire to achieve our mutual dream will benefit from that."

today

Going forward he will continue to have our full support.

Despite the courageous performance by the players and the victory at Brentford yesterday, results elsewhere led to the relegation of the club from the Championship. This is indeed a very sad situation and we are deeply hurt by these events. We share the same feelings as our supporters.

Notwithstanding this temporary setback, we are confident that the collective efforts of the team, under Tony’s leadership, will enable the club to achieve promotion back to the Championship next season.

The Owners and everyone at the club recognise and appreciate the solid backing of the supporters and thank them for this. We believe that such strong support will set us in good stead for the season ahead.

We have all witnessed the events of recent years, where teams have been relegated but have turned their clubs around and emerged stronger, and we are determined to see Blackburn Rovers do the same.

Work has already begun to make this happen and we will be making every effort during the forthcoming season to give ourselves the best chance to achieve this goal.

same @#/? diff day...

I just been reading the comments on the Venkygraph and I'm still staggered in which half of those posters believe any of this crap.

They actually think the Venkys wrote this statement.

Tbf allot of them appear to be the older less informed up to date generation types....

Venkys wrote this statement? .... Behave considering at 5pm Yesterday Mowbray came out with the below (Exact Quote);

"We need to keep our under-contract players. If we do, we will hopefully be too strong for a lot of clubs in League One. We just need to turn the ship around and get promotion. The facts are quite damning," said Mowbray. "You can't keep selling your best players and expect to progress. It's just common sense. We have to put together the pieces and create a team that is functional and wins week-in, week-out. What's important is that I have discussions in the next week or two with the owners and hopefully they're positive."

Two weeks means 24 hours now does it? ..... right.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Have you? No disrespect i wouldn't like to drop people in it on a MB especially whilst other things are in motion in the background.

Take something from the fact someone very very very close to the club. Same guy who confirmed Stokes 14k, Henley 15k.

Just staggering figures.

I just been reading the comments on the Venkygraph and I'm still staggered in which half of those posters believe any of this crap.

They actually think the Venkys wrote this statement.

Fact of the matter is that those statements on the LT page are clearly written by burnley fans. It's the only explanation. Either that or by people so stupid they manage to burn themselves on the cooker on a daily basis. It's simply not worth reading. The "paper" should be ashamed of themselves.

Similarly, in "the interests of balance", some nutter will inevitably ring up the Radio Lancs phone in tomorrow night defending the arseholes. I can hear Bayes now "it's an opinion Ian, not one I think many share, what do you say to Mr Feckwit and his thoughts on the situation?"

58 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not seen it but been told from a good friend that He slammed Venkys. These people r completely oblivious 2 the fact that they r the most hated people in Blackburn and possibly in football. 

BBC Radio Lancs are doing a Rovers special with Battersby and Nixon tomorrow at 6pm. I'm expecting fireworks

Chaddy referring to somebody as being completely oblivious about something. The irony :lol: 

Balaji and the other scummers won't even know this "Owners Statement" has been put out into the public domain. Cheston will have wrote it out last night after he finished Senior's Resignation article. I hate this football club and what it has become. Whilst people who have been in and around the club for years face losing their cleaning jobs and young academy lads have to try and find themselves a new club, and while us fans have to contemplate whether it really is worth even attending anymore when we start our league 1 campaign with a derby game at home to friggin Bury, those who deserve too feel pain and those who deserve to lose their jobs are staying put eeking out that last bit of juice left in the steak. It's disgusting. I hate people who play the victim but Jesus us fans haven't half been put through the mill we don't deserve this. 

42 minutes ago, Irishrover213 said:

Cheers thanks I got it on Internet before will have a listen 

Andy Bayes on bbc 5live from earlier tonight is on the iplayer already. From 7:10pm ish.

I  like the bloke in general, and he's particularly scathing tonight  (far more than he has been (allowed to) on Radio Lancs).

Archived