BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owners Statement

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As it stands, they are voluntary. So I deal in facts, not speculation. 

The usual over the top  reaction here has people jumping straight to something that hasn't actually happened 

I think it is important not to minimise. Request for voluntary redundancies is the proper thing to do before embarking on compulsory ones, which are surely only to be expected, given the loss of income.

What sticks in the craw is the fact that this is a direct consequence of poor management and awful decision making last year( and previous years, of course).

The appointment of Coyle, his pay off and the business in the previous two transfer windows delivered an entirely predictable relegation. The woeful efforts on the commercial front merely compounded the problem. Solution-sack cooks, cleaners and groundsmen. Meanwhile the likes of Suhail and Cheston remain.

Now this analysis is not "over the top". Attempts to dismiss it are either ingrained denial or a deliberate attempt to reconcile people into accepting the unacceptable.

Why are our supporters so supine?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I will say is it's noticeable at Ewood how many stewards there are standing around given the size of the crowds over recent years so if that hasn't reduced a bit by next season i'd be asking the question who's contracted to provide them :o

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Request for voluntary redundancies is the proper thing to do before embarking on compulsory ones, which are surely only to be expected, given the loss of income.

There's something very wrong when Stokes gets a big pay off at the same time as office workers, cleaners etc are being asked to give up their meagre wage. Venky's should retain every one of those jobs out of their own pockets until the club return to the level where those jobs are sustainable.

Just now, gumboots said:

Because I and many others haven't a clue what to do to get rid of this lot

Oh, I get the feelings of powerlessness.I have them too.

It is just the willingness of people to explain things away and the rule of optimism approach. Have these last seven years taught us nothing!?

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Oh, I get the feelings of powerlessness.I have them too.

It is just the willingness of people to explain things away and the rule of optimism approach. Have these last seven years taught us nothing!?

Not sure that's fair LV, I personally just want to be optimistic that the football I pay to watch may be enjoyable. It's also a defence mechanism, if I didn't separate the football from our atrocious owners I'd never go near Ewood again. And that's not going to happen because I refuse to let them ruin something I've always, for the most part, looked forward to. .

Also, if you want to look at it from a micro-economic viewpoint, turning up at Ewood supports the jobs financially that Venky's and their accountants won't support.

On the point of redundancies, - even though a company opens for voluntary redundancies, they always have the right to retain skills which they need. In other words it isn't voluntary at all, the company picks and chooses who it wants to keep and who it wants to leave. If you are one who's face doesn't fit, voluntary redundancies aren't that at all. 

That isn't to say rovers will work that way, but the idea that voluntary redundancies are always good for workers isn't true.

12 hours ago, K-Hod said:

£800k on two accounting firms, pay offs for Leon Best, Anthony Stokes and many many others and now redundancies because we need to cut costs...

Venky's in a nutshell.

They are scaling it down K hod to a league one level, its a pity they hold the supporters and the town to ransom with a huge debt hanging over the clubs head. Rovers ain't coming back anytime soon especially when you've got serial losers like David Lowe coaching the first team.

1 minute ago, JAL said:

They are scaling it down K hod to a league one level, its a pity they hold the supporters and the town to ransom with a huge debt hanging over the clubs head. Rovers ain't coming back anytime soon especially when you've got serial losers like David Lowe coaching the first team.

That's the truth of it. I doubt I will see Rovers back in the Premiership in my lifetime. It'll take a few lifetimes, if ever, to recover from these dopes.

41 minutes ago, den said:

On the point of redundancies, - even though a company opens for voluntary redundancies, they always have the right to retain skills which they need. In other words it isn't voluntary at all, the company picks and chooses who it wants to keep and who it wants to leave. If you are one who's face doesn't fit, voluntary redundancies aren't that at all. 

That isn't to say rovers will work that way, but the idea that voluntary redundancies are always good for workers isn't true.

This is done sometimes when companies want rid of people and they advertise jobs internally with the odd tweak to the job description. I've seen it done to get rid of people with poor sickness records or simply that their face doesn't fit. It also goes under the guise of restructuring.

2 hours ago, JAL said:

Rovers ain't coming back anytime soon especially when you've got serial losers like David Lowe coaching the first team.

Paul Lambert was a winner, wasn't he? How did he get on with a capable squad?

18 hours ago, gumboots said:

Because I and many others haven't a clue what to do to get rid of this lot

Maybe there's nothing that can be done or should be done. Let's be honest all the protesting & all that jazz hasn't made a difference in terms of ownership change. Everything in life has to run its course & nobody knows for sure when that ends. I try not to think about things too much certainly things which are out of my control what's the point of thinking. What will be will be.

Not a case of that at all. Since the WT sold out we've dropped I think now we've reached a level where we won't drop anymore. I think now the growth & recovery albeit slow will begin the green shoots are there. Lets wait & see if this is verbal pap or there is a element of truth to what I'm saying or what I think. I see things very differently on this fence I've constructed myself.

22 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Not a case of that at all. Since the WT sold out we've dropped I think now we've reached a level where we won't drop anymore. I think now the growth & recovery albeit slow will begin the green shoots are there. Lets wait & see if this is verbal pap or there is a element of truth to what I'm saying or what I think. I see things very differently on this fence I've constructed myself.

Rinse and repeat, We can go lower and will go lower under this lot. This is exactly what they want supporters be like...just accepting it. Downsizing our club and using L1 as an excuse. We cannot justify staff etc, then it will be we cannot justify an academy, cannot justify brockhall so it needs to be sold...it will go on and on until there are no green shoots left at all.

They are meant to be billionaires. If they had an ounce of care for this club they would swallow any losses and spend to repair what they have done to this club.

25 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Rinse and repeat, We can go lower and will go lower under this lot. This is exactly what they want supporters be like...just accepting it. Downsizing our club and using L1 as an excuse. We cannot justify staff etc, then it will be we cannot justify an academy, cannot justify brockhall so it needs to be sold...it will go on and on until there are no green shoots left at all.

They are meant to be billionaires. If they had an ounce of care for this club they would swallow any losses and spend to repair what they have done to this club.

Writing it off doesn't seem to suit their accounting process and i'd wager if the club became breaking even at operating level in this league they'd still somehow find a way for the books to lose 5-10 mil per season.

57 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I'm not p*ssballing about with them like I said they get a clean slate I've decided to go back after circumstances changing. They get 1 bite of the Apple with me & that is this season it's upto them if I renew after. I'm judging things as I see them from now on. Couldn't give a monkeys about the past its the future last post on this thread I've gone round the houses & back again.

12 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I'm not p*ssballing about with them like I said they get a clean slate I've decided to go back after circumstances changing. They get 1 bite of the Apple with me & that is this season it's upto them if I renew after. I'm judging things as I see them from now on. Couldn't give a monkeys about the past its the future last post on this thread I've gone round the houses & back again.

I don't see any basis whatsoever for them having the slate wiped clean. Murder your wife, and rape your kids.........oh well these things happen. Unbelievable.

17 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Clean slate?! Clean @#/? slate! 2 relegations, umpteen embarrassment, Burnley record gone, 137 million in debt and they get a @#/? clean slate! Lol 

20 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Just be careful biting into the apple the coar (sic) is likely to be rotten

1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

Not a case of that at all. Since the WT sold out we've dropped I think now we've reached a level where we won't drop anymore. 

No evidence for this. Fact is no-one knows.

Personally I fear the worst based on Rao's consistently disastrous performance over 7 years.

34 minutes ago, TBTF said:

I don't see any basis whatsoever for them having the slate wiped clean. Murder your wife, and rape your kids.........oh well these things happen. Unbelievable.

Horrendous analogy. Have a rethink.

31 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Clean slate?! Clean @#/? slate! 2 relegations, umpteen embarrassment, Burnley record gone, 137 million in debt and they get a @#/? clean slate! Lol 

Who really would have that on a short list of reasons to hate the Raos? I don't speak for bluebbarley or whoever but it's perfectly understandable to see any new season, corner or new start as a "clean slate" without specifically forgiving the plethora of mistakes.

Archived