BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

The Two Ian's still effectively saying they want to buy the club. 

Nixon saying they have to sell otherwise there's a £10m hole straightaway which should put Venkys off keeping us. 

Anyway we can get in touch and setup a big consortium with the two Ian's and then other people that JB said yesterday were interested together and us fans to create one large consortium? 

Just a thought.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could all win the euro millions for 10 consecutive weeks but if they don't want to sell the club it's irrelevant 

(and by sell I mean hand over).

The radio Lancs programme hopefully puts paid to any suggestions we are going to restructure our squad with top quality League 1 players.

Just now, Hasta said:

We could all win the euro millions for 10 consecutive weeks but if they don't want to sell the club it's irrelevant 

(and by sell I mean hand over).

The radio Lancs programme hopefully puts paid to any suggestions we are going to restructure our squad with top quality League 1 players.

Was interesting to hear. Nixon also alluded to others other than Seneca being interested. 

If only we could contact them.

Posted this in the "Articles..." thread...

And what came from that programme was that the club needs to act NOW. Is the manager staying? We need to know NOW.

Is there any money? Need to know NOW. Which in turn leads to - who stays, if anyone. Again, NOW will be good. Instead I imagine Cheston is sat in a hammock in Barbados and Pasha is painting his nightclub. Leaving precisely no one to tell Venkys that they need to act, er, NOW. As they said on the programme she doesn't like bad news.

If anyone's under any illusions at just how utterly knackered we are then take a listen later, they'll be a link no doubt. If you missed it earlier it's well worth a listen. But, as they say, don't have nightmares.

9 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

The Two Ian's still effectively saying they want to buy the club. 

Nixon saying they have to sell otherwise there's a £10m hole straightaway which should put Venkys off keeping us. 

Anyway we can get in touch and setup a big consortium with the two Ian's and then other people that JB said yesterday were interested together and us fans to create one large consortium? 

Just a thought.

Is there a space in Senegal for a minority fans shareholding at maybe

..£100

£1000

per share

???

Might raise an extra 1m

Put me down

A true eye opener.

I hope any fan who still think these Chicken Farmers are on the level then they need to listen to this...

It's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead, Jim; it's worse than that, he's dead, Jim, dead, Jim, dead. It's life, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it ...

Just now, Earlydoors said:

Is there a space in Senegal for a minority fans shareholding at maybe

..£100

£1000

per share

???

Might raise an extra 1m

Put me down

That's what I want there to happen. 

Apparently other people who are in the same bracket as Seneca want to own too. 

So a consortium with the fans involved would be perfect.

As usual Battersby came across extremely well. He essentially confirmed that him and his team would desperately like to do something to help this club and won't give up trying, but until he can look at the books nobody really knows the true state of the accounts. Nevertheless he sounds like a very intelligent man who has a plan of action. If only he was given the opportunity to put it into place...

Nixon tried to kibosh takeover talk by talking about the huge investment needed to just get through the initial few months and lack of people interested the last time round, yet that didn't appear to deter Battersby who has clearly thought things through and has things planned with backers in place.

If nothing else it shows there are alternatives out there. It doesn't have to be Venkys or bust.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The sooner this football club is in admin the sooner the future looks good. The two local, successful businesses people I mentioned yesterday are happy to be involved as part of a Seneca led consortium - or to take it out of admin themselves alone. They have enough money sat in the bank to do either. The two Ian's I would assume will be are aware of them and it wouldn't surprise me if they where part of the 60m investment for 51% bid last year. I believe these people are the people Nixon is alluding too as it's got substance.

The third group I mentioned is a real dying minute 'go on then, we will take it to make sure it doesn't go under' - they don't really want a football club, but they will not let it just disappear, for the towns sake rather than themselves. Put it this way, there isn't another football club in the world they would invest in. Unlike a consortium bid, they have enough money themselves (as in, won't require additional funding) to just buy it and not be hampered financially. That's been passed on by a well respected journalist rather than the two above which is direct. 

My only concern is this 10m needed before the start of the season - which is the real breaking point. If this isn't raised, it is admin and Venkys then have no choice in the matter. Will the spare land at brockhall be sold to try and fill the gap, or will it be the final stone that breaks the camels back? I personally believe they will try and find the 10m by selling land - which is horrifying and if we get any wind of it, Ribble Valley council and local MPs need hounding. That really is destroying the Jack Walker legacy. 

Just now, J*B said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again. The sooner this football club is in admin the sooner the future looks good. The two local, successful businesses people I mentioned yesterday are happy to be involved as part of a Seneca led consortium - or to take it out of admin themselves alone. They have enough money sat in the bank to do either. The two Ian's I would assume will be are aware of them and it wouldn't surprise me if they where part of the 60m investment for 51% bid last year. I believe these people are the people Nixon is alluding too as it's got substance.

The third group I mentioned is a real dying minute 'go on then, we will take it to make sure it doesn't go under' - they don't really want a football club, but they will not let it just disappear, for the towns sake rather than themselves. Put it this way, there isn't another football club in the world they would invest in. Unlike a consortium bid, they have enough money themselves (as in, won't require additional funding) to just buy it and not be hampered financially. That's been passed on by a well respected journalist rather than the two above which is direct. 

My only concern is this 10m needed before the start of the season - which is the real breaking point. If this isn't raised, it is admin and Venkys then have no choice in the matter. Will the spare land at brockhall be sold to try and fill the gap, or will it be the final stone that breaks the camels back? I personally believe they will try and find the 10m by selling land - which is horrifying and if we get any wind of it, Ribble Valley council and local MPs need hounding. That really is destroying the Jack Walker legacy. 

Any chance we could get all three groups together and have the option of the fans as the consortium? 

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

Any chance we could get all three groups together and have the option of the fans as the consortium? 

As I've been told, the third group aren't interested in a consortium or just investing. If it's down to the wire, they'll make an offer. If someone else wants it, they won't be involved. It's superhero stuff really, they will only be involved if it's going to go bust and there's no other hope. 

Just now, J*B said:

As I've been told, the third group aren't interested in a consortium or just investing. If it's down to the wire, they'll make an offer. If someone else wants it, they won't be involved. It's superhero stuff really, they will only be involved if it's going to go bust and there's no other hope. 

Interesting.

The interview by Ian's responses sounded like money is no issue for them. They want it. Just awaiting Venkys to get in touch.

Interesting.

The interview by Ian's responses sounded like money is no issue for them. They want it. Just awaiting Venkys to get in touch.

Seneca work with seriously rich people all around the world on a day to day basis. Finding money is what they do, they are an investment firm. They can raise tens of millions with relative ease. The only problem is Venky's seem to think they should be paid for the club after the mess they have made.

Just now, J*B said:

Seneca work with seriously rich people all around the world on a day to day basis. Finding money is what they do, they are an investment firm. They can raise tens of millions with relative ease. The only problem is Venky's seem to think they should be paid for the club after the mess they have made.

It seems to me that people have sources within the club/Venkys put them to good use all, and let's get this club back. Let's take the bid to them and let them know about it.

It seems to me that people have sources within the club/Venkys put them to good use all, and let's get this club back. Let's take the bid to them and let them know about it.

The best way to force their hand is by making their shareholders aware they can walk away from this money pit without having to spend another penny. Only with shareholders kicking off a fuss will they be forced into anything. 

Battersby and Nixon dismissed the thoery of administration and Venkys putting us into it cos it has no benefits to them and wages still have to be paid. 

Venkys do need to sell the club. 

Also like the bit about Whether Pasha has told the owners about the drop of money income. 

Battersby and Currie buying the club would be the best option. But any sale required Venkys to want to sell us. 

Might be the only one but I'm not convinced by Ian B.

Speaks candidly well on the developing situation at the club, he's correct about the structure etc but an investment firm owning us, a man who deals in hedge funds on behalf of investors purchasing a debt ridden club unlikely to ever turn a profit, i'm not sure as surely the investors would want a return on capital provided soon. I think to many are in the anyone but Venkys mode. 

He doesn't ever seem equipped on the financials concerning how much he should expect to be either putting in or what the club will require in terms of capital over the medium term, so much so i actually thought Nixon was pretty on cue there which is strange as it's not impossible to draft and pull something together as i've done on review of other clubs currently plying in L1 etc. I keep seeing this 10 million figure floating around and it's not far off with our still huge operating costs and losses.

I had it down as at least 8 million as additional funding being required on the premise central funds from the promotions of Newcastle parachute monies got split out etc. I found it quite worrying when he addressed Andy Bayes and quipped that fans would be right behind them if the club had no money but was ran right and that appeared to me to be one of the early warning signs along with the acceptance of debt as he could turn it around, i'm sorry Ian but they take that with them, why hamper the clubs inherent future with there legacy and mistakes. He's another one on the short term loans is okay strategy, but failed to consider this would tie HIS future revenue streams up although he did conceede that the amount of interest is exceptionally high.

If he's serious then come on Ian put some meat on the bone and get a proposal out there in the media and get in contact with them. It's not going to be too difficult given Jerome arranged his last Pune visit must be his forth interview now since his investment plan last summer but little action really has prevailed.

Not convinced I'm afraid. 

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Might be the only one but I'm not convinced by Ian B.

Speaks candidly well on the developing situation at the club, he's correct about the structure etc but an investment firm owning us, a man who deals in hedge funds on behalf of investors purchasing a debt ridden club unlikely to ever turn a profit, i'm not sure as surely the investors would want a return on capital provided soon. I think to many are in the anyone but Venkys mode. 

He doesn't ever seem equipped on the financials concerning how much he should expect to be either putting in or what the club will require in terms of capital over the medium term, so much so i actually thought Nixon was pretty on cue there which is strange as it's not impossible to draft and pull something together as i've done on review of other clubs currently plying in L1 etc. I keep seeing this 10 million figure floating around and it's not far off with our still huge operating costs and losses. I had it down as at least 8 million as additional funding being required on the premise central funds from the promotions of Newcastle parachute monies got split out etc. I found it quite worrying when he addressed Andy Bayes and quipped that fans would be right behind them if the club had no money but was ran right and that appeared to me to be one of the early warning signs.

If he's serious then come on Ian put some meat on the bone and get a proposal out there in the media and get in contact with them. It's not going to be too difficult given Jerome arranged his last Pune visit. 

In the premier league you make profits though! 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Battersby and Nixon dismissed the thoery of administration and Venkys putting us into it cos it has no benefits to them and wages still have to be paid. 

Also like the bit about Whether Pasha has told the owners about the drop of money income. 

Battersby and Currie buying the club would be the best option. But any sale required Venkys to want to sell us. 

Agreed, they do not want admin. Which is why it'll be very interesting where this 10m comes from. 

Whilst it was comforting to hear what Ian was saying it really means nothing whilst the Indians won't even engage anybody in sensible dialogue. There is no doubt in my mind that Seneca and partners would be a huge step forward but without the Indians at the table to talk we have no hope of this nightmare ending. Nixon infuriated me as he was talking over Ian on several occasions and offered nothing to the debate.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

When the finances were being discussed Nixon was hopelessly out of his league. Quite what he was there for I don't know.

The whole situation is bad enough without having that useless hack involved at every turn.

Here's a man that broke the £50m war chest story, King rat being a gem and Coyle being the best thing to happen to the club in a while.

Do us all a favour and uck off Nixon.

Archived