BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayes, Seneca and Nixon interview

Can someone please answer my questions is Brockhall covered with a community ACV?  & what's the story with Pasha is he Suhail Pasha or Suhail Shaikh & what is the story with his immigration does he have a permit or not & 2 me it's very suspicious how no-one seems to know his exact role at the club 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

No, it just means there will be more debt piled on the club and the team on the pitch will be even worse.

Same question as I asked Rev.

We took £35million in players sales and none of it got invested in the team. If we had sold £1million extra season ticket sales, do you think that would have been invested in the playing staff?

Just now, renrag said:

It's more than a feeling. Cheston called a staff meeting at Brockhall on Monday morning to tell them consultants were being called in to decide who would be going. Was given the name of the consultants and it is the same ones who did a previous cull.

Are you alluding to a potential Venkys sale? 

Just now, renrag said:

It's more than a feeling. Cheston called a staff meeting at Brockhall on Monday morning to tell them consultants were being called in to decide who would be going. Was given the name of the consultants and it is the same ones who did a previous cull.

The ignominy of Cheston telling good, hardworking people they might lose their jobs when his hands are covered in the blood of relegation.

And how much do consultants cost these days?

7 hours ago, Tom said:

Brilliant, a post with actual research and substance.

I don't know how it would turn out but for people to say they think Ian would be the best option (posted yesterday) without actually knowing anything other than being a rovers fan and a businessman is somewhat naive 

This is typical of us Rovers fans. Even more so of late.

We are all miserable, we hate what we have, we can see nothing but a bleak future under current owners. We crave something else, any kind of relief from this hell, we talk about non-league and Phoenix clubs and bucket collections and a fresh start.

Yet a known fan sticks his neck out and offers an alternative which might not be perfect; it might not be risk free( it might not even be a success.

Do we take a chance, trust a fellow fan with a plan, with contacts, with potential investors - who, shock horror, may want a return? Nah, let's look for what could go wrong and pull it to pieces before it can even get off the ground.

Not the right man? Who is?

Who is going to take on the club with all of its debt and on-going issues? I would have thought that Seneca would be our best gateway to potential investors. This is not a charity organisation, it has to be viable or we end up, well, where we are now.

Seriously folks, who exactly is the right son-in-law for our beautiful first-born club? There will not be another Jack Walker. The Walker Trust will not ride back into town guilt-laden and ready to right wrongs. Do we really want somebody carefully chosen by Venkys? There is a reason Venkys want a foreign buyer to sell to: money. Or at least the dream that there could be a rich idiot with money. The problem is we aren't a badge of honour for a rich idiot. Even in the PL we wouldn't fill a big stadium like a city club. We don't have a wide enough catchment area. Venkys were thought by some to be a good fit because they might appeal to a different demographic but they haven't even done that. In any case, after what we've seen, does anybody really think that they want to watch somebody else make a success out of their failure? The shame that they weren't up to it and somebody else might be! Like the woman in front of King Solomon, they would rather the baby was cut in half than given to the rightful mother and looked after.

Do we really think that Ian Battersby hasn't thought about investors would want out if this venture? He must have - if he hadn't that would make him incompetent and a failed businessman. Yet having done so, he is still interested. Unless of course he inherited his business from his father and it runs itself.

It's one thing questioning the motives of an outsider with no connection to the club. Are we really going to start being picky about a known quantity, a fan who cares about Blackburn Rovers?

For me this smells like the prelude to warring groups fighting each other to be the 'best option' for the club rather than working together to save it. We've have seen it already with fan groups who can't agree a way forward to advertise our problems to the wider world. Just imaging when the badge of "owner of Blackburn Rovers" is at stake.

• Backroom

Good post Stuart.

As I have said I have no idea how it would turn out and you have to say anyone would be better than what we have but that's not to say things shouldn't be questioned or looked into and that's all Dunn has done.

Ian and Ian would be welcomed with open arms if it came to pass.

59 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Very doubtful, a cull of those earning money. The descent into hell continues. Loons, equals oblivion.

Wasn't Senior a football consultant ?  How very odd...

It's just typical of present day Rovers they have to call in @#/? outside consultants to tell them who to lay off and how to save money. What the hell is the point of Mike Chestnut if he can't do that himself then look them in the eye and do the deed.

There isn't a braincell or a spine inside that club and typical of the cowardly ownership bunch of @#/? the lot of them.

I am spending my spare time looking for the positives in Seneca getting involved.

xx I do not know Ian Battersby but I have heard him on the radio a few times over the past 18 months or so and he comes across as a true Rovers fan driven by a desire to see Rovers saved from the mess of the Raos making. I believe he has the best interests of Rovers future at the forefront of his plans.

I perhaps would not have done that without the post earlier raising questions.

Nothing wrong wih a healthy debate.

After all that we have been and will still go through it would be strange not to be ultra cautious.

If control of Rovers ever got to the stage of being between rival local fan groups it would be a bloodbath. Quentin Tarantino material.

xx this para added a few hours later. It or something similar should have been in the original as it makes more sense of what I intended to say.

Ive finally got round to listening to the show. Well done to Radio Lancashire and Andy Bayes for a good programme.

Im still trying to decide whether it's given me hope or made me feel better about the situation though. 

The biggest thing that scared me most was the issue of dealing with thIs £10 million figure, and finding players who will take £2k a week.

2 hours ago, Brfcrule1 said:

Can someone please answer my questions is Brockhall covered with a community ACV?  & what's the story with Pasha is he Suhail Pasha or Suhail Shaikh & what is the story with his immigration does he have a permit or not & 2 me it's very suspicious how no-one seems to know his exact role at the club 

Brockhall isn't covered by ACV status and probably never could be. The reason for that is because it is a private training ground of questionable value to the community.

It's one thing arguing that a 100+ year old football stadium that hosts thousands of fans every fortnight is of community value, I expect it would be very difficult to satisfy the criteria that a few pitches and gym used by Rovers players and generally inaccessible to the public should be protected by ACV status.

If I'm wrong on that I'll hold my hand up but that's my understanding of it.

As for Suhail Pasha/Shaikh it appears to me that the rigged job advert/recruitment process overseen by Cheston was little more than a mechanism to enable Pasha/Shaikh to get onto the Rovers payroll and be able to spend more time around the place than if he wasn't employed here. Presumably to get him a work permit they had to show the authorities that he was the only eligible candidate for the job as he could speak all 3 languages.

It now appears that since the con of the job advertisement that not only has the job title changed to being 'management consultant' (implying that he offers consultancy services to the club/owners at management level, whereas previously the job description was for someone who would relay messages from the owners) but also it is a part time job which he is able to combine with various other jobs for the owners across the world (again the job advertised was for a full time position and there was zero mention of doing anything outside of BRFC).

So yes it seems they've had us all hook, line and sinker on that one. They presumably had some strict Home Office criteria to pass to get Suhail permission to come and go as he wanted and work here, and they made up whatever fake job and criteria necessary to do this.

Just don't ask Mike Cheston about this because despite being the most senior member of staff, only director and head of finance he doesn't know Suhail's specific job title or surname. Despite Cheston being the one who in a blaze of publicity advertised the job and allegedly interviewed candidates for before appointing Suhail (surname?) to the job (title?)

Presumably the recruitment process for this job went along the lines of there being one applicant, Suhail, so one interview with Cheston where Suhail told Cheston he was getting the job so Cheston gave him the job and put him on the payroll without even knowing his surname or what job he was actually doing.

2 hours ago, Hasta said:

Same question as I asked Rev.

We took £35million in players sales and none of it got invested in the team. If we had sold £1million extra season ticket sales, do you think that would have been invested in the playing staff?

Didn't see the original question sorry.

If we were to take an extra 1m in income from ST sales that might find it's way into the playing budget. If we lose income from yet more people dropping off that will come out of the playing budget and the owners won't be willing to make up the difference imo.

26 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good post Stuart.

As I have said I have no idea how it would turn out and you have to say anyone would be better than what we have but that's not to say things shouldn't be questioned or looked into and that's all Dunn has done.

Ian and Ian would be welcomed with open arms if it came to pass.

I think Dunn FC has gone a bit farther than that Tom and like Stuart I can't see why.

I've listened to the programme and IB comes across as a passionate Rovers fan, part of a company that is expert in turning ailing clubs around  and a man who believes the financial position is so desperate that action is needed NOW (and we all know the Raos don't do now). His analysis of our financial predicament is stark.

He is prepared to take us on because he is one of us. Surely to God that is what we have always wanted?

Passion, expertise and experience,urgency------how different from Venkys can you get?!!!!

Just now, 47er said:

I think Dunn FC has gone a bit farther than that Tom and like Stuart I can't see why.

I've listened to the programme and IB comes across as a passionate Rovers fan, part of a company that is expert in turning ailing clubs around  and a man who believes the financial position is so desperate that action is needed NOW (and we all know the Raos don't do now). His analysis of our financial predicament is stark.

He is prepared to take us on because he is one of us. Surely to God that is what we have always wanted?

Passion, expertise and experience,urgency------how different from Venkys can you get?!!!!

Sorry haven't heard the programme. Which Company is IB part of that turns Clubs around and which Clubs have they been involved in that they've turned around?

7 hours ago, Leyland-Rover said:

Ive finally got round to listening to the show. Well done to Radio Lancashire and Andy Bayes for a good programme.

Im still trying to decide whether it's given me hope or made me feel better about the situation though. 

The biggest thing that scared me most was the issue of dealing with thIs £10 million figure, and finding players who will take £2k a week.

Just a pity no one had the balls to do this 5 years ago when we, the fans, could clearly see what was happening YET any media source REFUSED to believe or acknowledge us !

20 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Just a pity no one had the balls to do this 5 years ago when we, the fans, could clearly see what was happening YET any media source REFUSED to believe or acknowledge us !

Let's also not forget, as many seen to have already done, that Baynes/Radio Lancs played a pivotal role in the recent attempt to whitewash the fans over the supporters Q&A with Cheston and Senior.

The way those minutes were edited attempted to 'cover up' major issues raised, and the clubs partner Radio Lancs/Baynes played a major role in that.

What sticks in my craw about Radio Lancs, is that they've ignored the elephant in the room all season (well for many seasons). Be it Coyle, be it the owners.

As an example, I couldn't make Rotherham away, so listened to the commentary, not a mention of our perilous situation, or the fact Coyle's record was absymal- all you heard was 'well the manager can't control things once they get over the white line'.

So it really annoyed me this week to hear Bayes on Radio Five Live giving it the Andy Cryer c2012 routine on how dreadful things are and how Radio Lancs have been all over things for years.

Local media have offered us nothing for 6 years, so they can shove their post mortems.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can Andy Bayes cover anything up? He is a reporter/Journalist for them. Not the editor or in charge of BBC Radio Lancs either

:wacko::unsure::blink:

I suppose in the same way that Cheston can't at Rovers. After all he's just the bean counter not the MD or owner.

Re-read Gav's post. He says Bayes/Radio Lancs.

As someone who is by location dependent on Radio Lancs for a lot of Rovers info I am confident I get a watered down version of the truth slanted in favour of trying to always place the Club in a good light. This approach sadly never takes the Raos fully to task.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry haven't heard the programme. Which Company is IB part of that turns Clubs around and which Clubs have they been involved in that they've turned around?

Ha! Well spotted Rev! I should have written "businesses" not "clubs". But Football Clubs are businesses aren't they?

If you do get round to listening to the Radio Lancs programme you'll hear Ian Battersby state that they have a department within Seneca specifically dealing with failing companies that have to be turned round. This experience should come in useful eh?

Now what's your view on all this? Would you be pleased if somehow a Seneca-led Rovers came to be?

Archived